Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Braptor, ‘23 Telluride 4x, ‘10 FJ Cruiser TT
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello everyone!

Two months ago, I purchased a 2022 4-door Badlands, non-was, soft top, carbonized gray, upgraded wheels, high package. Since I have purchased, I have ceramic coated, major upgrade to audio, tinted front windows to match all around. I plan on 35” tires once the 33’s are done and putting a 2” lift.

When I bought it, I wanted a Badlands Sas, Area 51 and hard top high package. Salesman randomly Calle me to let me know they have a 2023 Wildtrak Sas, Azure gray with hard top, and high package. Obviously the Wildtrak is a little more due to the top and Sas, but my question is this…

Knowing the price change, is the Wildtrak with SAS that much of an upgrade over the Badalnds non-Sas?
Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my personal opinion. Hoss 3 will give softer rides. Which is better for roads. Regarding lift from factory (sas to sas) its pretty much identical. If you ever plan to do your own lift down the line then go badlands. Or if you want the added offroad, correct me if wrong but wildtrack dosnt have the front locker or disconnecting sway bar? One of the two. Its harder to add that (down the line) then it is to add better suspension. I also like the badlands orange interior allot more but that’s personal. There both amazing. It was hard for me to decide also. Honestly will be happy with both. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Medicin3man

Medicin3man

Raptor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It does help because I don’t like the blue either. It’s a struggle to make this decision but I feel Ill stick with Badlands…don’t know if I can handle the empty dash button for the sway bar disconnect haha

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello everyone!

Two months ago, I purchased a 2022 4-door Badlands, non-was, soft top, carbonized gray, upgraded wheels, high package. Since I have purchased, I have ceramic coated, major upgrade to audio, tinted front windows to match all around. I plan on 35” tires once the 33’s are done and putting a 2” lift.

When I bought it, I wanted a Badlands Sas, Area 51 and hard top high package. Salesman randomly Calle me to let me know they have a 2023 Wildtrak Sas, Azure gray with hard top, and high package. Obviously the Wildtrak is a little more due to the top and Sas, but my question is this…

Knowing the price change, is the Wildtrak with SAS that much of an upgrade over the Badalnds non-Sas?
It's simple, if you plan on rock crawling go with the BL, if you plan on doing Baja trails or snow trails go WT.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my personal opinion. Hoss 3 will give softer rides. Which is better for roads. Regarding lift from factory (sas to sas) its pretty much identical. If you ever plan to do your own lift down the line then go badlands. Or if you want the added offroad, correct me if wrong but wildtrack dosnt have the front locker or disconnecting sway bar? One of the two. Its harder to add that (down the line) then it is to add better suspension. I also like the badlands orange interior allot more but that’s personal. There both amazing. It was hard for me to decide also. Honestly will be happy with both. Hope that helps.

Agree with this assessment that if you plan on lifting your vehicle right away - BL is the way to go. However - if you think it will be a year or longer before doing lift, then there’s a good chance there will be more options for WT out there than there is today (and let’s face it….it will be a year before you get it anyway). So I’m not sure I would give too much weight to this limitation. Plus the WT comes stock with 35’s so a lift may not even be something you will feel you need.

As far as lockers - WT has both front and rear.

True…no stabilizer bar disconnect. But easy to add (I did it)….albeit pretty expensive (around $1600). But super simple.

Sponsored

Toasty

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
True…no stabilizer bar disconnect. But easy to add (I did it)….albeit pretty expensive (around $1600). But super simple.
Do you have a write up for the sway bar disconnect?

Shawn of the Dead

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Focus, 4 motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I originally wanted a BL 2 door manual. Got a WT 2 door auto 2.7

Don't regret it for a minute.

Its also super easy to add manual sway bar disconnects (disclosure ... I haven't done it yet) or just use a wrench and an allen key to pop em off.

I wheeled for the first time last week and didn't air down or disco and it was fine. If I do more aggressive stuff I will think about it but for now the Wildtrak to me is pretty ultimate.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course, the dealer is calling now because they can make money twice! Sell your Bronco for more since you have done work to it, and sell the Bronco in the vein you had originally wanted. Win! Win!

Keep your BL, you already started working on it. Add the 35's later, and continue to mod to your pleasure. The only thing I would say look at is the hardtop, but those options are in the aftermarket now, and only getting better.

I have the soft top and wondered about it, but it is not as bad as I would have thought, and as I said I can add a hard top later in the aftermarket. I am happy with they way I went, because as you see in the sig, the mods had to begin!!!

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As said before they are both great, If you are upgrading your pockets will be empty both ways I love my non sas badlands but I lifted and put 37's on right away and personally I like the 4.46 gears I have no issues on the highway or around town.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Medicin3man

Medicin3man

Raptor
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of course, the dealer is calling now because they can make money twice! Sell your Bronco for more since you have done work to it, and sell the Bronco in the vein you had originally wanted. Win! Win!

Keep your BL, you already started working on it. Add the 35's later, and continue to mod to your pleasure. The only thing I would say look at is the hardtop, but those options are in the aftermarket now, and only getting better.

I have the soft top and wondered about it, but it is not as bad as I would have thought, and as I said I can add a hard top later in the aftermarket. I am happy with they way I went, because as you see in the sig, the mods had to begin!!!
This is the plan I will be taking. This is MY Bronco, and I’ve started the work on it. Thank you!

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went from a Badlands soft top with premium black wheels to a fully loaded to a Wildtrak hardtop mostly because of the ride quality of daily driving with the Hoss 3.0, as for me personally I doubt I would ever use the stabilizer disconnect if I had it, maybe a handful of times at most. Needed the slide out tailgate and Vinyl floors but the badlands couldn't be sold with the slide out tailgate so I went with the Wildtrak and added the vinyl floors. Not to mention you also get the raptor steering rack and upgraded tie rods with the 2023 Wildtrak. Couldn't be happier!

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the plan I will be taking. This is MY Bronco, and I’ve started the work on it. Thank you!
I didn't see a mention of which package you got in the Baddie. There's a pretty good difference between mid and high in terms of tech features. 12" screen is nice to have. The advanced 4wd features are very cool.

Most of the SAS and Hoss stuff can functionally be added in the aftermarket, I don't know about the lockers, but they can be convenient, though 99.9% of what I do is open diff.

To me the swaybar disco is no big deal. If I'm going on a tough trail I just do it manually while I'm airing down. It does help in the rocks and side slopey stuff.

Ultimately WT and BL are both top of the line.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the BL interior. I parked next to a buddy’s WT and when I saw the interior I was less than impressed.
Sponsored