First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500e, Svartpilen 401
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does 7sp have sport mode? I don’t see it on my Badlands. Only had it 3 days so maybe missing something?
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands doesn't have sport mode. You can use Forscan to unlock it.
That's what I did ;)

For the poster on the 1st page that said he doesn't use sport mode cause he can't tell the difference... there must be something wrong with your Bronco or you are using cheap gas. I can even feel it give a little "oomph" when selecting it on the fly while keeping my foot steady on the gas. TBH, Sport Mode is so good in my Badlands that I decided not to get the Ford Performance Chip (I had my eye on a tune before I picked up our Bronco cause I assumed it would be sluggish with 35s.).

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I did ;)

For the poster on the 1st page that said he doesn't use sport mode cause he can't tell the difference... there must be something wrong with your Bronco or you are using cheap gas. I can even feel it give a little "oomph" when selecting it on the fly while keeping my foot steady on the gas. TBH, Sport Mode is so good in my Badlands that I decided not to get the Ford Performance Chip (I had my eye on a tune before I picked up our Bronco cause I assumed it would be sluggish with 35s.).
I could tell an immediate difference when I engaged it. Night and day. Mines an automatic so not sure if that shows a bigger difference, but it put a huge smile on my face when it kicked in.

Sponsored

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hence my comment about it being liked by auto owners. If you're already shifting yourself sport doesn't do as much.
Sport mode with the manual is a night and day difference for me, but I run 91 octane. For me it makes up for the increased tire size and added weight of a winch and then some. It's the best

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's what I did ;)

that’s because it adjusts the pedal calibration to be more sensitive and less linear.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's safe to assume that if Ford allows that selection it's OK to run it. The combinations they don't like are locked out.

I don't bother with sport mode, I barely felt any difference. I'm surprised how many people say it's so much better. I presume most of it's biggest fans have the 10 speed.
I don’t feel much difference either, but I put in one of those sprint boosters to cut down the throttle lag. I figured that’s why.

Reactions: Cat

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find sport mode annoying in my daily commute makes it sound like I’m driving a stick and don’t know when to shift gears. It’s also very jerky. If I had more than a mile to travel with no stop signs or lights I might like it better.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Baja mode allows 2h= sport mode with front camera enabled
I would like to learn more about this mystical setting - did you do anything (forscan or other) to get it to work like that?

I'd love to have Baja mode in 2H with the front camera on.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nope. Can’t select 2 high in Baja. Not sure if that can be adjusted with Forscan. Says 2w not available in current mode or something along those lines.
2Hi works fine in Baja mode for me. Baja mode is much more aggressive than sport mode in the 2.7 automatic.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sport mode with the manual is a night and day difference for me, but I run 91 octane. For me it makes up for the increased tire size and added weight of a winch and then some. It's the best
It's night and day regardless of the fuel, it changes the throttle mapping and improves the drivability once you are used to it. Initially, it may feel a bit twitchy, but after a while, normal mode feels flat instead.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
that’s because it adjusts the pedal calibration to be more sensitive and less linear.
In actuality, it's more linear, it's that boosted engines at part throttle behave less linear and normal mode is attempting to emulate a normally aspirated throttle response.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 manual sport mode with 93 is awesome,i have the base squatch i didnt think it would have sport mode

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to learn more about this mystical setting - did you do anything (forscan or other) to get it to work like that?

I'd love to have Baja mode in 2H with the front camera on.
On my 22 badlands it is thankfully not mystical. Rotate the goat mode to Baja… then change to 2H… boom
Sponsored