Sponsored

Help me convince wife to switch from FE Sport to a 2/4 door.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this is partially (maybe totally) my fault. I placed an order for a First Edition Sport to replace my wife’s Subaru Forester XT. I really wanted a 2/4 door but the car is for her. She’s convinced that the full-size Bronco will be too big but that’s what I really want her to get. I still have 3-4 years to go before I retire and would need to replace my fleet truck at that time. I’m thinking of reserving a 2/4 door anyway in the hopes that it gets pushed to 2022. I know I’ll be at the back of the line and the Subaru is running fine so waiting is not an issue. By that time maybe we could trade in the Sport on a full-size or I just wait until I retire. My only hope is that she hates the navy pier interior and we walk away from the Sport.
If you’re ready to retire you’ve probably been married a while...be realistic...you know you’ll buy what makes her happy???????
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So you reserved her the Sport and she wants it but you don't want it now because you want a big Bronco for your own for when you retire in 3-4 years?

Seriously? If she's wants it and you can afford it and your driving a work truck for the next couple of years then get it her for her. When you retire in 3-4 years you can get whatever you want, maybe the Raptor will be out, maybe all the bugs will be worked out, white top and a green option might be available. That far in the future the reserved list will just be a memory and you'll be able to walk onto a lot and negotiate or buy a used one.

My wife and i usually alternate on new cars, she'll get the next new whatever if she can find something she likes better than her FJ.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So this is partially (maybe totally) my fault. I placed an order for a First Edition Sport to replace my wife’s Subaru Forester XT. I really wanted a 2/4 door but the car is for her. She’s convinced that the full-size Bronco will be too big but that’s what I really want her to get. I still have 3-4 years to go before I retire and would need to replace my fleet truck at that time. I’m thinking of reserving a 2/4 door anyway in the hopes that it gets pushed to 2022. I know I’ll be at the back of the line and the Subaru is running fine so waiting is not an issue. By that time maybe we could trade in the Sport on a full-size or I just wait until I retire. My only hope is that she hates the navy pier interior and we walk away from the Sport.
If the car is going to be your wife's then why are you trying to convince her to get something you like?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Divorce is the only option here!!!
Sponsored