First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Being that I own a 2 door 2.7 Outer Banks, I'm curious how the 4 door drive compares. Wind noise, steering, braking, acceleration etc? Just curious. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't driven a 2dr but typically a longer wheel base ride and handling is a bit more refined.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't driven a 2dr but typically a longer wheel base ride and handling is a bit more refined.
My 2 door is very accurate and responsive. Awesome turn radius and is very quick. I'm wondering if the 4 door has less wind noise equipped with the hard top? My 2 door is what's expected and no big deal.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door is very accurate and responsive. Awesome turn radius and is very quick. I'm wondering if the 4 door has less wind noise equipped with the hard top? My 2 door is what's expected and no big deal.
I have no doubt the short wheel base is responsive and surely a better turning radius than the 4dr...2dr will excel better in tight spots for sure. From my experience w/ Jeeps and Land Rovers a longer wheel base provides a better ride overall.

My hardtop wind noise is pretty load, considering the extra leak points I'm guessing it's probably a bit louder than the 2dr.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The easiest way to get a real answer is to go test drive one. Form your own unbiased opinions.
1000 different people will respond with 10,000 opinions and you'll still have no clear answer after 203 pages of arguing back and forth about who is cooler/better/spent more $/spent less $/who has what thickness of sidewall on their tires/shock vs. shock vs. turbos from a G.N. installed vs a Pedal Commander.

And even in the end your experience may not jive with the consensus. The seat-o-the-pants dyno and experience is highly subjective.
I personally think my 4 DR. S.T. is quieter by far from my 2 Dr. Jeep S.T.
Others would disagree and say it's like sitting directly under a Harrier taking off.
Ride is great for what it is, more comfy than a cinderblock, less comfy vs. a 1990 conversion van with swivel LA-Z-Boy chairs.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 4 door is a dream to maneuver compared to my truck, no worries there. With that said, it seems like a few of the 2 door guys struggle with driving, I'm guessing they are really new to driving or elderly, it shouldn't take a 4 lane highway to make a 3 point turn. I have no complaints with the noise level of my hardtop.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door is a dream to maneuver compared to my truck, no worries there. With that said, it seems like a few of the 2 door guys struggle with driving, I'm guessing they are really new to driving or elderly, it shouldn't take a 4 lane highway to make a 3 point turn. I have no complaints with the noise level of my hardtop.
Both maneuver well. And I'm a 2 door owner with nearly 4 decades of professional driving in vehicles many times larger than any Bronco.

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@broadicustomworks is right. Opinions differ greatly, and ultimately yours is the only one that matters in the end. Nevertheless, I'll offer my thoughts based on my experience with the different models.

We own a 2 Dr BB, a 4 Dr HEL, and a Raptor.

I don't notice any real difference in stock form between the 2 Dr and 4 Dr non-Raptor Broncos. Steering, braking, acceleration, and ride quality are very similar. Turning radius is definitely better on the 2 Dr, but I don't think the ride quality is any worse than the 4 Dr. Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised at how good the 2 Dr ride quality is. Was really expecting it to be rough since the wheelbase is so short, but it's not.

The Raptor is a different animal when it comes to steering, braking, acceleration, and ride quality. To me, it's significantly better than the others.

Wind noise is exactly the same in all of them, though. So far, I haven't found the MOD top on the HEL to be any quieter than the MIC tops. All 3 of them have the same wind leak noise right behind the upfitter switches where the top halves meet.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2dr can make a full u-turn in less than 3 lanes. 2 lanes and Ill slightly rub/jump the curb. I love the way it rides and handles. Id describe it as nimble/agile. I find myself going around curves a lot faster than a lifted brick should be.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being that I own a 2 door 2.7 Outer Banks, I'm curious how the 4 door drive compares. Wind noise, steering, braking, acceleration etc? Just curious. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Having owned both there is surprisingly little difference. The 2 door is a little more nimble but ride is not that different, acceleration and braking are similar. Wind noise is similar. I find the 2 door easier to get in and out due to the longer door. And due to my large stature I sit well back in my seat so I found the "b" pillar in the way for side vision on the 4 door having to lean forward to see. Other than the cargo area interior room is not that much different. And of course the gas tank is larger on the 4 door. And in some cases the 2 door is better off road. I've seen 2 doors crawl right over an obstacle that the 4 door following bellied out on.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@broadicustomworks is right. Opinions differ greatly, and ultimately yours is the only one that matters in the end. Nevertheless, I'll offer my thoughts based on my experience with the different models.

We own a 2 Dr BB, a 4 Dr HEL, and a Raptor.

I don't notice any real difference in stock form between the 2 Dr and 4 Dr non-Raptor Broncos. Steering, braking, acceleration, and ride quality are very similar. Turning radius is definitely better on the 2 Dr, but I don't think the ride quality is any worse than the 4 Dr. Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised at how good the 2 Dr ride quality is. Was really expecting it to be rough since the wheelbase is so short, but it's not.

The Raptor is a different animal when it comes to steering, braking, acceleration, and ride quality. To me, it's significantly better than the others.

Wind noise is exactly the same in all of them, though. So far, I haven't found the MOD top on the HEL to be any quieter than the MIC tops. All 3 of them have the same wind leak noise right behind the upfitter switches where the top halves meet.
When you bringing that HEL by for me to see? Does it have the roof hatch?
Sponsored