Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

...I figure I'll pick up more road noise, and am basically signing myself up for not having the option of having a hard top till say end of 23'....
This should be reworded to" signing myself up for not have the option of a FACTORY hard top till end of 23'".

I strongly believe that third party mfrs. are going to have an aftermarket hard top option next year at the latest. Demand my outstrip supply (lack of factory stock causing increased aftermarket demand), but there will be options.
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in FL as well. My initial plan was to get a hard top vs soft top for a few reasons:

1) I wanted to keep the lines and controls for hard top when i switch to soft top after market.
2) cheaper to do after market on soft top than hard top.
3) did not like how high the stock soft top sticks out and i don’t like the overhang at the back (no one sits in the cargo area, no need to extend the shade there).

After Friday’s email (2nd from Ford regarding this issue)…I kinda started worrying so i went and did the switch to a soft top. I will still get a hard top down the line, and will still do after market soft top. I just need to get my Bronco home.

pics below is what i do not like about the soft top. Search for more pics. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

B5808533-1345-4DA6-8287-864D8E0D1827.jpeg

80DE4BAA-4E8A-4798-87AB-1F63016FD942.jpeg

OP
OP

Bronco_813

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in FL as well. My initial plan was to get a hard top vs soft top for a few reasons:

1) I wanted to keep the lines and controls for hard top when i switch to soft top after market.
2) cheaper to do after market on soft top than hard top.
3) did not like how high the stock soft top sticks out and i don’t like the overhang at the back (no one sits in the cargo area, no need to extend the shade there).

After Friday’s email (2nd from Ford regarding this issue)…I kinda started worrying so i went and did the switch to a soft top. I will still get a hard top down the line, and will still do after market soft top. I just need to get my Bronco home.

pics below is what i do not like about the soft top. Search for more pics. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

Ford Bronco Convince me not to get the soft top?? 80DE4BAA-4E8A-4798-87AB-1F63016FD942

Ford Bronco Convince me not to get the soft top?? 80DE4BAA-4E8A-4798-87AB-1F63016FD942
This was really helpful! Sounds like we're in the same boat. I just want to get my Bronco home. Made the switch to soft top.

Spoke with my dealer and she said July builds dates will start up again after this week and should result in a Sept delivery date. Figure if I don't get a build date in the next few months that aligns with a 21' delivery date, I can always switch back. Win/win.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was really helpful! Sounds like we're in the same boat. I just want to get my Bronco home. Made the switch to soft top.

Spoke with my dealer and she said July builds dates will start up again after this week and should result in a Sept delivery date. Figure if I don't get a build date in the next few months that aligns with a 21' delivery date, I can always switch back. Win/win.
I’m about 2 hrs south of you so when we get our Broncos, we can meet up and have 🍻🍻there’s a couple of FL FB groups if you haven’t joined FL6G and Florida Broncos. Feel free to add yourself while we all wait..

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve installed an electric hoist in my garage that I can lift my Jeep hardtops off solo and store them while parking a car under them. Live in SoCal where it does not rain much and you generally know well in advance if its going to. If you live in the SE/MW where you get afternoon rain showers much of the year the soft top is the way to go especially if you lack space to safely remove and store a hardtop. + you may have a chance to get a Bronco sooner…..
Ford Bronco Convince me not to get the soft top?? 890F53E3-6156-4EC0-A385-BFD2B36976D4

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You should go soft top.

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that you will be fine with a soft top. I have only owned one and that was on a Tracker and I hated it. It leaked profusely in a hard rain. I thought about switching but: 1. I don't want a 4 dr. 2. I don't like the looks of the soft top, 3. I don't want to pay more for something I don't want. Good luck and be happy with whatever you choose!

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just remembered something. If you fall onto your Bronco from your roof or balcony, you might just tear through that soft top and land safely in the back seat...like in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. That’s the only advantage I can think of though.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Look at it

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the soft top. Especially if it helps me get me hard top faster.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get whatever you want. I never once considered a hard top and do not want one. If you want the turtle top get it, having to wait to get it shouldn’t influence what you want only what you will compromise to get it earlier.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I honestly want both tops because of the winters up here in PA. In Florida, I wouldn't want the hassle of the hard top, unless: A.) I had a long commute and the soft top was unbearably loud or B.) I had to have a roof rack.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The odds of you getting a 21 are slim now. Just sit tight with what you want and you'll be happier.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be honest I never even really considered the soft top before as the MIC was just standard with my trim: 4DR, Badlands
This makes no sense. The soft top is standard with the 4 door Badlands. You had to option the upgrade to the MIC top. Switching to the soft top should save you money.
Sponsored