Sponsored

Poll: will you change your order to get the soft top + prep kit?

Now that Ford has announced the soft top comes with a free prep kit to install the Hard Top later in

• Yes

• No

• I have a 2D I am screwed

• I already have a soft top on order

Results are only viewable after voting.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I changed it yesterday. I was going to have a friend who works in an autobody shop paint the MIC hardtop white when it came in anyway, so now I'll just buy an aftermarket white hardtop since the hookups will be there. I'm assuming aftermarket white hard tops will be available before Ford gets around to making them available for sale. I can deal with the soft top until that happens.
Sponsored

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im not changing mine... The cost to go from Soft to MIC when ordering is 695.00, from everything I have read it seems the cost for ordering a hard top "later down the road" would be as much as 2k!

Change with no price commitment for people who need a MIC top isn't a good choice for me.

LionsFan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I originally ordered a dual top for winter and summer use, but changed it to soft top when I was told I would have to wait until FY22 at the earliest. Now, I won't have the plumbing for the hard top that I will eventually buy. That sucks knowing I could have waited just a couple more months and the plumbing would have been included for free. I'll be getting mine soon, so I should be happy, but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth knowing I won't have wipers and a defroster. I probably would only use the rear defroster and wiper about one month a year so I guess I shouldn't be that upset. But still....

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious about the difference of sound in the cabin when driving between the hard and soft top. I think it would be louder with the soft top, no? Anyone have a jeep or any other vehicle with a soft top before?
Definitely louder. Soft tops are the best, until you want to be comfortable when it is hot or cold, or want a break from road noise from your off-road tires........ :ROFLMAO: Still love it though.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't reserve until 30 August 2020, so I'm already behind the curve in terms of when I'm likely to see my Bronco. Still, I've been considering dropping the MIC top to hopefully luck out with an earlier delivery than I might expect by keeping the MIC top. Heck, I'm even likely to drop SAS at this point, then adding lift, wheels and 34 or 35 later if I get to the point where I find I am limited in my adventures with the stock 33s. And... I keep feeling the pull of the 7MT because I just miss driving stick (call me old fashioned, but I loved all the stick shifts I've owned -- 1977 VW Westfalia Camper (orange), 1986 VW Cabriolet (white), 1996 Landrover Discovery (white), 1998 Nissan Patrol (blue), 2000 VW Golf GTI VR6 (silver), so I may even drop back to the stick and 2.3 from the 2.7 Auto. I'm betting my late August 2020 res will likely guarantee a post 1 September build, and thus the recently announced "Prep Kit".

UPDATE: Rolled the dice and switched to the rag top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mmaturo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, R8s, Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad i didn't change my order after the email Friday....the manager at my dealer last week when i immediately called for their thoughts said hold off till the 16th in case it gets pulled with the MIC this week or next...great advice....just got the email this afternoon that mine was pulled for production (8/16 build) and have my VIN. Excited to say the least. I am going to want both at some point since i am in FL i think i would use the full soft top open more.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure yet. Still hoping I get scheduled with an MIC but if I'm not by the 16th, I'll probably switch.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now that Ford has announced the soft top comes with a free prep kit to install the Hard Top later in 2023, are you changing your order?
I will change to soft top May 1st 2022 to speed it up if I don’t have a.VIN.
Sponsored