Sponsored

Poll: will you change your order to get the soft top + prep kit?

Now that Ford has announced the soft top comes with a free prep kit to install the Hard Top later in

• Yes

• No

• I have a 2D I am screwed

• I already have a soft top on order

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My luck, mine will be built on August 31st with the soft top and no free prep kit.
My dealer stated that the part no. on the soft top changed. So you may want to call your dealer to swap to the new part no. This would remove you from the August scheduling pool and put you to Sept.
Sponsored

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. i changed my Wildtrak to OBX. I need a new car before my jeep Grand Cherokee sucks all my money away.

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. i changed my Wildtrak to OBX. I need a new car before my jeep Grand Cherokee sucks all my money away.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

voted yes but with one caveat, not changing until I'm 100% sure I won't suddenly get scheduled in August with no wiring kit. Talked to my dealer and he talked to his rep, who suggested to wait until early Sept to make the switch, so I'll wait at least a bit longer. Would love the soft top for the non rainy season, which lately seems to be just about 50 weeks of the year here.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
4-door people this is your chance to change history. You have the ability to make one small sacrifice for the Bronco Nation! You can practically save mankind with this one very small order change! Soft tops are cool, you know you wanna do it! You know in your heart of hearts that you can save a generation. Nothing can stop you but you! Don't let the dealers get stock units to mark up for the phonies, let your Bronco brother and sisters and yourself get into this machine. History is waiting on you!!!!! Okay, I'm done.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
voted yes but with one caveat, not changing until I'm 100% sure I won't suddenly get scheduled in August with no wiring kit. Talked to my dealer and he talked to his rep, who suggested to wait until early Sept to make the switch, so I'll wait at least a bit longer. Would love the soft top for the non rainy season, which lately seems to be just about 50 weeks of the year here.
If I was you I'd call the Bronco support number. The email specifically says you have to make the change by July 16th. I would guess they already have August builds scheduled in the pipe line and will start scheduling September builds after July 16th? I get what your saying tho, that would be my luck.
  • Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was you I'd call the Bronco support number. The email specifically says you have to make the change by July 16th.
That's what my dealer still has to find out, that deadline seems a bit odd since "all" soft tops will have the kit if built in Sept or later, but I'll make sure he finds out. And if they mess up I have it all in writing and they can do the install themselves then.

I'm in Europe driving a stick shift over Austrian mountain roads right now so can't call that number, pretty sure no 800 etc number works internationally. But my sales guy seems pretty on top of things, got the info from his Ford rep to just wait until Sept. Still always better to double and triple check though, that's for sure.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched to the soft top which leaves a sour taste in my mouth, but at this point I'm getting close to needing a new ride. Ford is definitely asking for a bit more compromising from customers than I think is approriate considering the cost of this vehicle.

Sponsored

BPMANAZ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even if I wasn't a Wildtrak hopeful, I wouldn't switch because I quite simply would go bonkers if i received the inevitable email from FORD saying:

"Dear soft-top converter, we truly appreciate your flexibility and working with us while we sort out the hard top shortage issue. Unfortunately, the overwhelming demand for the soft top and wiring harnesses for the hardtop have strained our supply to the point that we can no longer offer that option to you (or anyone else).

If you opt to accept delivery without any top at all, we can take a stab at a MY21 build but there are no guarantees. Of course if you also choose to forego any interior at all to include seats and instrumentation, that will kick your likelihood of seeing a truck this year about 2% better.

As always, we are excited to deliver the off-road vehicle of your dreams.

Your friends,

The FORD Motor Company"

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t consider my 2 Door Badlands MIC Lux order as “screwed”. I wanted a hard top. My Bronco will come eventually.. until then I will drool over all the others! Nothing but positivity and happy thoughts over here! 😆

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve already changed my order. I guess Ford will get a couple grand from me for a hard top next year

Denba1

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that Ford has announced the soft top comes with a free prep kit to install the Hard Top later in 2023, are you changing your order?
I think enough people will switch that they may start to run into challenges keeping up with the soft tops, which they alluded to in the last email already. And the more who switch, the more MIC tops might become available. So, I am sticking with the hard top and letting things fall where they may.

Skewer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I changed my order three minutes after I got the email. I think it will be great to have both tops in the long run and getting a vehicle 12 months sooner is too appealing. I figure I can have a soft top Bronco for a year or no Bronco for a year.

I'm a July 14 reservation, January 20th order with no VIN.
Sponsored