Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey,

There was a bulletin on the power management of the battery. It was in this forum somewhere.... In short, the negative on the battery (when charging) needs to disconnected and the chargers negative lead needs to be grounded to the vehicle.

The management system will not recognize the newly charged state of the battery... I'm saying this by memory of the bulletin and may not have it 100%. Sorry about that...

Possibly, another member remembers the bulletin and can share it.
I can't find the bulletin but this video does a good job explaining it. Eight and a half minutes in for the impatient folks.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't find the bulletin but this video does a good job explaining it. Eight and a half minutes in for the impatient folks.

Perfect!!! šŸ¤ž šŸ¤ž

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yerp... so i HAD/used the 2A one... have now purchased the 10A Genius10: https://no.co/genius10
And on top of that... since my Weego swelled it's 5 years old at this point, I also bought a GBX45: https://no.co/gbx45 to keep in the truck.

agreed... reference based on many youtube videos and articles (fully understanding how the influence of affiliate marketing works)... and I only quote this as a follow up comment has another opinion.. from

At my work we sold Weego and other "similar" ones. Just as you said, most times would swell up (the cheap ones would swell in a few months), clamps were junk and bent on first use etc. I would not trust one. ;)

.......... but there's a reason places like batteries plus bulbs stopped carrying them in-store. I had 5 die in a year as an example)
Could be that batteries plus tried to warranty 5 of them for a cust and NOCO denied them. Then Batteries plus is pissed and quits selling them because they are "junk". ;) Trust me Rick have been around for awhile. I worked construction and built custom log homes all across this country for 15 years, then worked in the auto parts and accessory market for the last 20. The company I work for also owns Warn Industries and many others. I have seen it many times before (the scenario I stated above). I can tell you actually experiences 3 pages long. One I can see maybe 2 but 5. doing something wrong. After the second I would be calling NOCO tech to get some answers. I have literally done that same thing before, warrantied shit for customers thinking it was junk only to be denied warranty because the unit was not used in its proper capacity. Got my ass chewed out for that one. Learned from my mistake.

If you want I can take a pic of my jump start, still has AOAA mud on it from the fall ride. This thing is strapped to my front rack on my Grizzly. VIBRATION central. I mount my action cam to it and it is hard to watch the video, it will make you sea sick., it's kinda funny. I mounted it on my helmet now. ;) It has got to be 5 maybe 6 years old. Now it wont jump start a diesel truck (never could) but a normal gas engine, average size, no problem, to this day works like champ.

I won't bore you anymore with my stories. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry bud NOCO is not junk.:)

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah I've seen that "safe" approach. I can't imagine everybody having a spare AGM battery laying around lol. but noted.
Don't believe I ever mentioned a spare AGM, but anyway you're welcome ;)

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Iā€™m trying to charge my battery with a big 2/10/40/200 amp Schumacher battery charger while I run some updates. I canā€™t get the truck to take a charge. Hot to red terminal and ground to the BMS prong off the black terminal. I canā€™t figure out if my charger is junk or I need to hook it up differently. Didnā€™t realize this would be a problem. Do I need to get an AGM specific charger?

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At my work we sold Weego and other "similar" ones. Just as you said, most times would swell up (the cheap ones would swell in a few months), clamps were junk and bent on first use etc. I would not trust one. ;)

Could be that batteries plus tried to warranty 5 of them for a cust and NOCO denied them. Then Batteries plus is pissed and quits selling them because they are "junk". ;) Trust me Rick have been around for awhile. I worked construction and built custom log homes all across this country for 15 years, then worked in the auto parts and accessory market for the last 20. The company I work for also owns Warn Industries and many others. I have seen it many times before (the scenario I stated above). I can tell you actually experiences 3 pages long. One I can see maybe 2 but 5. doing something wrong. After the second I would be calling NOCO tech to get some answers. I have literally done that same thing before, warrantied shit for customers thinking it was junk only to be denied warranty because the unit was not used in its proper capacity. Got my ass chewed out for that one. Learned from my mistake.

If you want I can take a pic of my jump start, still has AOAA mud on it from the fall ride. This thing is strapped to my front rack on my Grizzly. VIBRATION central. I mount my action cam to it and it is hard to watch the video, it will make you sea sick., it's kinda funny. I mounted it on my helmet now. ;) It has got to be 5 maybe 6 years old. Now it wont jump start a diesel truck (never could) but a normal gas engine, average size, no problem, to this day works like champ.

I won't bore you anymore with my stories. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry bud NOCO is not junk.:)
I've had family members and friends use the NOCO without fail and got their car running. Returning 5? Begins to sound more like user error than the product.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So Iā€™m trying to charge my battery with a big 2/10/40/200 amp Schumacher battery charger while I run some updates. I canā€™t get the truck to take a charge. Hot to red terminal and ground to the BMS prong off the black terminal. I canā€™t figure out if my charger is junk or I need to hook it up differently. Didnā€™t realize this would be a problem. Do I need to get an AGM specific charger?

Try clamping the ground(black) to the chassis/body instead of the battery. Watch the video posted above, @ 9:40 he states Ford says Positive(red) to chassis ground(black) NOT the negative terminal.

In the video you see his clamp(black) on the terminal. But if you listen in the video he says NOT to do that.
Sponsored