Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure you ask if you can get gorilla glass for the next one. Pay the difference and don’t look back. All new wranglers now come with gorilla glass.
That's not an option for Broncos. It's only an offering for a few OEMs and specific vehicles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
All Broncos have a camera there for pre-collision assist and auto-highbeam.
Pre-collision assist. No auto-highbeams. Auto low beams are on the spastic sensor on the dash.

Glass guy on my local Bronco FB group says he can get me the OEM glass without a markup. So, in theory, my issue is solved.

And my insurance is due for renewal in 45 days, so, AAA picked the wrong time to make me angry. You can be sure I will be shopping rates.

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a cracked windshield from a rock. I have full glass coverage with Allstate, they used Safelite to do the glass replacement. They said they were required to use an OEM replacement because of the sensors etc. My replacement has all the Bronco logo's etc. No extra charge.
AAA for 30+ years. AAA uses Safelite as their default. Never had an issue before. You have the right to any shop though, and I found a AAA prefered shop that says they can get me the OEM without an upcharge. I'll know by the COB tomorrow.

BoverW

Black Diamond
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Besides the sticker, what is the difference? If you care about the sticker, then go for OEM.

I get a non-OEM windshield, with the FUYAO logo on it. It holds for two flying rocks now.

FYI, Fuyao provides OEM glass to Ford, GM Toyota in US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuyao_Group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Factory
Guy at the glass shop told me it was just the logo - same mold same glass same factories

Now he could be blowing smoke, but mine is a Fuyao as well

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like others have said it greatly depends on your glass shop. I've replaced windshields in 2 Land Rovers. They have the defrost wires in the glass. Like Brian_B said they told me same glass same vendor, no logo. Both functioned as good as the original glass. Still have one and the glass is 7 years old now. Zero issues. Just need an honest shop. That's probably the hard part. HAven't had the Bronco long enough to take a hit yet (y)

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ve got a serious crack spanning the width of the windshield now. Had a small chip right in the center for about a year, but recently my wife was warming up the Bronco on a cold morning, then she hit the window washer button… and watched as the crack grew to about 3 feet wide literally in seconds.

So I’m following this thread to see if anyone has found a good solution. We were told the same thing from State Farm about not covering an OEM replacement, but we can make up the difference… 🤑

I’m not concerned about factory stickers or any of that. I just want a decent quality windshield that works properly…
Not to badmouth State Farm. Since my homeowners is with them and they could cancel it cause I’m in California leaving me with…?

But my State Farm Bronco insurance increased 42%. They claim because my mileage is much higher than estimated (true) and some California insurance board ruling. Anyway… it’s all getting more and more expensive.

OP
OP
AZ_Liberty

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pre-collision assist. No auto-highbeams.
My mistake apparently they all have auto high beams. I must have turned them off at the dealership when I turned off hill start assist.
Sponsored