First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Disclaimer: I am new to this - my Big Bend is scheduled to be built the week of 9/11-15. I wanted the Sasquatch pkg but did not want to wait so I am trying to do it myself piece by piece. Having said that I got 5 take off SAS tires with only a few miles on them and plan on putting them on my stock wheels until I can upgrade. Will I need a spacer? Also getting a lift - should I go with broncbusters body lift or should I do SAS take off billsteins? I’m on a budget and I have not done this work myself before. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SAS take off suspension if you want to look stock or 5100 Bilsteins if you want a 1 to 3" lift. Body lifts are more of a 37" tire Modification and not really something I would do for cosmetic improvements (bumper relocation brackets are garbage fyi).

I would go look through the lift and tire thread and see how much offset you want and buy wheel spacers accordingly. You will most likely just buy wheels as your half way there with spacers.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disclaimer: I am new to this - my Big Bend is scheduled to be built the week of 9/11-15. I wanted the Sasquatch pkg but did not want to wait so I am trying to do it myself piece by piece. Having said that I got 5 take off SAS tires with only a few miles on them and plan on putting them on my stock wheels until I can upgrade. Will I need a spacer? Also getting a lift - should I go with broncbusters body lift or should I do SAS take off billsteins? I’m on a budget and I have not done this work myself before. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
How do you plan to use the vehicle? That should be a key consideration in how you outfit the vehicle.

OP
OP

Sparkman

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Daily driver - new to off-roading so I will be learning.

OP
OP

Sparkman

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SAS take off suspension if you want to look stock or 5100 Bilsteins if you want a 1 to 3" lift. Body lifts are more of a 37" tire Modification and not really something I would do for cosmetic improvements (bumper relocation brackets are garbage fyi).

I would go look through the lift and tire thread and see how much offset you want and buy wheel spacers accordingly. You will most likely just buy wheels as your half way there with spacers.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take off Bilsteins (either Badlands or Sasquatch package will work). Once you remove the front and rear crash bars, you should be able to fit the Sasquatch wheels and tires with any lift (even only a 1/2" of lift). I had no problems with 33.5" tires on the stock suspension with the crash bars still installed.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cheapest way to do it is puck lift (typically around $100-$200). I'm pretty sure for a daily you won't need wheel spacers, but may want to have someone else confirm that. I have helped install a 2" puck level/lift on a Big Bend that had 295's, I don't recall but possibly a slight rub at full turn. So 315's on Big Bend wheels would be similar.

When you spend a little more, go with new wheels that have the offset you need.

But as listed above, puck lift, self install (2 people, +/- 4 hours & some beer and pizza), new alignment ($200+ 🤷‍♂️ ), you can't get much cheaper then that.

Or, just toss 35's in there, check for rub. 35's will fit without a lift, we've seen it done on this forum in the past.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cracks me up how many people focus on tire size when they think Sasquatch.

Sasquatch isn't about tire size, it is about the beefier front axle and locker...and there is no budget friendly way of doing that.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

check the sas box when ordering.....

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In that case I'd recommend driving and off-roading the vehicle first, and then decide what if any additional items you for real need. Many people are way over equipping their vehicles. How many Sas equipped vehicles never leave the pavement, it's kind of silly, take what those guys say with a grain of salt.

Fyi, I got a deal on some Sas Territory 34"ish (315/70R17) take off tires, and installed on my base Bronco with some Ford Ranger +42 offset wheels. No lift and no issue so far on pavement. I'll probably install a $50 one inch spacer lift (which includes front leveling) for off-roading. And fab some skid plates.

If I were you I'd start with that and see how it goes before diving in trying to replicate Sas.

Last edited:

Brian514

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your mainly gonna use it as a daily driver I would probably just stick with what the vehicle comes with. If you plan to off road it, then go ahead and get a better suspension and put those take offs on.
I purchased a Badlands nonsas. I like the bigger tires but can wait until I need new tires to buy 35s. I got the beadlocks from some one else and put those on. They look nice.
The badlands come with the better suspension so it isn’t hard to turn that to a sas later on.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cracks me up how many people focus on tire size when they think Sasquatch.

Sasquatch isn't about tire size, it is about the beefier front axle and locker...and there is no budget friendly way of doing that.
Actually, there is... Picked up a pulled 4.7 M210, axles, and rear 4.7 gears for $1500... That's pretty budget friendly compared to the sasquatch package (unless you are in love with the factory wheels and tires).

emag1205

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, for someone who is learning what they might need there’s nothing wrong with a 2” puck lift on the Hitachi shocks. Rip out the crash bars, get an alignment, and throw those take off sas wheels and tires. We did the same thing on the wife’s OBX as soon as she got it. Learn into what you need over time and upgrade as you go. We have $2100 in lift, wheels and tires, and alignment in ours. The fitment is perfect for what we were looking for and might change as our off-roading needs change (spacers or new wheels and tires). Here’s a shot of the OBX at the crest of Schnebly Hill Trail in Sedona, AZ.
Ford Bronco Non Sasquatch to Sasquatch on a budget? ima

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually, there is... Picked up a pulled 4.7 M210, axles, and rear 4.7 gears for $1500... That's pretty budget friendly compared to the sasquatch package (unless you are in love with the factory wheels and tires).
You know you don't count right. we are talking about the typical person, not some superman 🤣
Sponsored