Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I did make it out. Glad I did. I drove a Badlands build similar to mine (if I don't get screwed again). It was a lot of fun. Traffic coming back to the city, not so much....
You're the one who chose to live in the city!! lol
Sponsored

silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, had the 4-door Rapid Red manual Badlands (number 8 vehicle) and it only needed 4-L to do every bit of it. Did the SBD and both lockers once to to get out of an intentionally 'got stuck'
Also had the #8 with the manual at the 1:30 party. Don't remember the instructor's name but he was great. Obviously knew the course (fifth time he had done it that day, out of eight timeslots) and had a plan to show off the Bronco as best as that course could. Some thoughts:

- WOW was driving a manual again fun! Hadn't touched one in ~15 years but I guess you never forget. Also had to be the most forgiving clutch around. Had serious thoughts about changing my order the next day, but then I remembered sitting in stop-and-go traffic for hours with a manual. Would also have to change to the 2.3L motor.
- I've never been further off-road than a gravel parking lot. Going over a drop you can't see is freaky; good thing there was a giant screen with wheel guides to help. Must be a hairy experience doing it blind.
- Never completely grasped what the SBD did until he put us up a hill with two wheels off the ground and then....DROP. Would need to change to a Badlands build to get that. Ah well I live in Illinois, might drive over a median or hit some potholes but I'll probably never go rock climbing.
- I saw the vinyl+leather seats in their Wildtrak demo rig. Uff, not my color. But that's what they offer and I didn't want the cloth.
- It struck me that everyone there has a Bronco on order (one or two people already had theirs) and probably love them already. This is the sort of demo Ford needs to offer prospective buyers! It really drove home how clueless the dealers and sales people are. Why did I have to place an order w/deposit and attend a limited event just to learn some basic facts about the truck? FWIW, my instructor said they hear that a lot.
- The two-door really is the better-looking Bronco. But I need those extra two doors (and the space) and the four-door looks great, too.
- The Cyber Yellow (sorry that's not "orange") is almost starting to grow on me. Looks like a bee! Was also the wife's favorite color of the ones we saw that day. Nah I still like that green.
- It's gonna be worth the wait it's gonna be worth the wait it's gonna be worth the wait it's gonna be worth the wait it's gonna be worth the wait.....

BroncoMeier

Outer Banks
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Drove the number 5 2-door Cyber Orange OBX. It was my exact build which was a blessing and a curse. The blessing: this thing even with its ‘small’ tires went through everything without any issues. The curse: now the waiting is even worse! My drive along person was great. She was very knowledgeable and friendly.

splytsecond

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we went sat 4/23 and we drove up there in our EG Badlands and they actually let me take my own out there. had a blast and like many others said was surprised with how much this thing can do without breaking a sweat because i sure did since it was my own vehicle haha

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Another point the Bronco rep (who appeared to be running the show) made at the event yesterday, typically Rocky Glen OHV Park isn't for larger street vehicles, more for atvs, supercross/mini bikes, or the polaris utvs. She did say if a group of 4x4 vehicles wanted to have some fun there, Rocky Glen will rent out time to a group of Bronco/Jeep/4Runner/etc users, but only for those vehicles. I thought it was interesting enough to share with the group here in case down the road someone organized an event, this could be a location to rent out for a set period of time for Bronco use only (if that's something someone wanted to do). I don't know any specifics, but it was mentioned.
Man if an event like this gets going I’d definitely buy in.

The closest ORV park I can find that allows 4x4s is Badlands out in Attica, which is damn near 3 hours out.

We should organize something! Shit I can get the ball rolling if people in this thread express interest.
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missed the first group outing at the badlands, if Rocky Glen could rent out to us that would be amazing. So much closer than badlands haha

Sponsored

Ish22

Wildtrak
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Spotted no less than 5 broncos today while cruising around in my naked jlur. Can’t wait till I get the bronco.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BigBadBluBronc

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 1997 XJ Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have any of you had any dealing with Gerald Ford in North Aurora? I placed an order before the cutoff. Just curious if I picked a good dealership to work with.
Yes, I ordered my Bronco from Gerald in October, 2021 and it was delivered in April. Generally I had a very good experience at Gerald, namely, no dealer markup which is sadly all too common. There are a lot of dealer add-ons which will start to add up quickly, but the "lifetime warranty" is a nice touch. Good luck with your Bronco, I hope for you that it arrives soon!

BigBadBluBronc

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you see this, look away!

147FBE04-6EDD-4104-BD2C-2E4DA701F465.jpeg

Hello, we have very similar builds! Apparently I'm not the only Bronco in the area with a manual.. I've put only ~600 miles on my rig so far. I absolutely love the manual transmission, so glad I got it, as I was really on the fence. I'm in the Batavia/North Aurora area, but frequent Wheaton often, so I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point.

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, we have very similar builds! Apparently I'm not the only Bronco in the area with a manual.. I've put only ~600 miles on my rig so far. I absolutely love the manual transmission, so glad I got it, as I was really on the fence. I'm in the Batavia/North Aurora area, but frequent Wheaton often, so I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point.
I will look out for you. I love the manual and have always had them. Don't know if you have added Sport mode, but loving that also; however, with gas prices where they are, I don't run it often.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BigBadBluBronc

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will look out for you. I love the manual and have always had them. Don't know if you have added Sport mode, but loving that also; however, with gas prices where they are, I don't run it often.
I have not tried Sport Mode, or any modes for that matter. Heading up to WI this weekend for Memorial Day Weekend, hope to find some fun places to play and learn about the different functions. Yeah, with gas prices, I'll definitely try out the Eco Mode, haha.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, I always frequent Orchard Rd and I always see Broncos....actually an owner of one of the businesses near Orchard & Sullivan owns a Bronco!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Know it's last minute but the Chicago broncos facebook page is organizing a trip to Badlands off road park in Indiana Sunday.
Sponsored