Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running the FOX 2.5 PERFORMANCE ELITE COILOVERS and out of the box the rig is running nose high. The ride feels good in general, have hit a couple of gravel roads on Baja mode ..go fast :) nearby but I haven't got a change to flex it at the trails in PA. I'm planning on putting a few 100 miles before adjusting to correct for high and level it.

For reference I have Camburg UCA, ICON steering and RCV axles with ICON rear arms and track bar in my set up.

IMG_6642.jpg
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

please measure wheel travel

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For better advice you may want to correct your title

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For better advice you may want to correct your title
I too came here thinking there was an issue with noise, not nose.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
The stock rear springs that come with those coilovers, unfortunately are too light, especially for a 4-door model. We will be offering different springs (2-door/4-door specific), different shaft bumpers/bump stops and piston/valving upgrade if you're interested. Shoot over a PM if you have any questions!

Sponsored

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the Fox 2.5" Shocks height adjustable on vehicle (wheels off the ground),
Or do you have to use a spring compressor?
I know my Fox 2.0 Shocks (F150) require a spring compressor (complete uninstall / re-install required) to adjust height.

Also, it appears that Fox Specs different Part Numbers Depending on Which Set-up you have (4-Door vs. 2-door / Sas vs non Sas, see screenshot below of their website)

I am just trying to figure this stuff out. I plan on ordering new Coilovers this week for my Bronco, and want to make sure I do the research first.

I might Call Fox on Tuesday to figure out what they say about it.

Ford Bronco Nose high on Fox 2.5 (not leveled) 2023-05-28_12-18-23

Last edited:

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are the Fox 2.5" Shocks height adjustable on vehicle (wheels off the ground),
Or do you have to use a spring compressor?
I know my Fox 2.0 Shocks (F150) require a spring compressor (complete uninstall / re-install required) to adjust height.

Also, it appears that Fox Specs different Part Numbers Depending on Which Set-up you have (4-Door vs. 2-door / Sas vs non Sas, see screenshot below of their website)

I am just trying to figure this stuff out. I plan on ordering new Coilovers this week for my Bronco, and want to make sure I do the research first.

I might Call Fox on Tuesday to figure out what they say about it.
We highly recommend using a spring compressor to adjust preload on an OEM fit coilover like these, especially when adding preload.

There are different part numbers yes, however the (2) fronts share the same specs and so do the rears.

Feel free to give us a call, we've been getting to know these shocks really well in the last month. 619-722-8555. We also have a bunch of these in stock with upgrade options.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have any really good photos of the fox shocks, on the bench not installed. Both front and back?

Jsykes

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sasquatch black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Idk man, that looks pretty level to me, what are your measurements from wheel to fender liner?

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We highly recommend using a spring compressor to adjust preload on an OEM fit coilover like these, especially when adding preload.

There are different part numbers yes, however the (2) fronts share the same specs and so do the rears.

Feel free to give us a call, we've been getting to know these shocks really well in the last month. 619-722-8555. We also have a bunch of these in stock with upgrade options.
I saw in one of the Shock Surplus videos that the bump stop on the fox is a bit longer to ensure that 37s will fit without contacting the fenders.

With that in mind, how much would you think would be the minimum amount of lift you could run with the fox setup without constantly being on the bump stops? I have a few height considerations such as parking garages, and family accessibility so I would like to eventually add some travel and improve ride with 1 or 2 inches of lift, at most, and don't plan to go higher than stock tire size. Are any companies kits suitable for stock or close to stock height while offering the features like remote reservoir and damping adjustability?

Sponsored

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw in one of the Shock Surplus videos that the bump stop on the fox is a bit longer to ensure that 37s will fit without contacting the fenders.
Longer than who's?

With that in mind, how much would you think would be the minimum amount of lift you could run with the fox setup without constantly being on the bump stops? I have a few height considerations such as parking garages, and family accessibility so I would like to eventually add some travel and improve ride with 1 or 2 inches of lift, at most, and don't plan to go higher than stock tire size. Are any companies kits suitable for stock or close to stock height while offering the features like remote reservoir and damping adjustability?
I don't have specific numbers on lowest possible ride height. When you upgrade to longer travel shocks, they will typically have a longer compressed length than Factory. So setting them at stock height would not be ideal since you would potentially be losing up-travel.Losing up travel would be a loss in performance which is not something our customers are usually looking for. Shocks need proper amount of up/down travel to perform well. So in short, I would lean towards saying no, these Fox/King options are not ideal for those wanting to maintain a stock ride height.

OP
OP
BroncoDEPR

BroncoDEPR

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk man, that looks pretty level to me, what are your measurements from wheel to fender liner?
After a few weeks of use the measurements from tire to bottom of the fender 5.5" front / 5" rear. I'm adjusting the coil overs today and will post new height later on

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Longer than who's?

Longer than their early versions. I also noticed Icon recommends a bump stop spacer if you run their shocks with 37" tires

I don't have specific numbers on lowest possible ride height. When you upgrade to longer travel shocks, they will typically have a longer compressed length than Factory. So setting them at stock height would not be ideal since you would potentially be losing up-travel.Losing up travel would be a loss in performance which is not something our customers are usually looking for. Shocks need proper amount of up/down travel to perform well. So in short, I would lean towards saying no, these Fox/King options are not ideal for those wanting to maintain a stock ride height.
Thanks, I'm not opposed to adding an inch or two, I just don't want to run 3-5" because my wife is short and its already tough to get in for her, and I don't want to deal with the issues that much additional lift bring to the table. I previously had an Xterra for almost ten years so I am familiar with the challenges dealing with limited travel in an ifs setup.

Instead of further derailing this thread, I might make a separate thread once I organize my questions better.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Strizzo I'm still not sure what you mean with the longer bump stops. Longer than what earlier version? We're talking about Fox aftermarket Performance Elite Series coilovers, correct?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the set I got built may 23 states for 4 door sas and non sas.
Way I read it they have a 2 Dr and 4 Dr set. 4 Dr covers sas and non sas. I have a 2 Dr and grabbed a 4 Dr set to comp for my added weight.
I couldn’t be happier with the shock upgrade. I actually like how it rides now. Night and day difference. I had to add 2” for height in the rear and dropped a inch in the front.

Ford Bronco Nose high on Fox 2.5 (not leveled) image
Sponsored