Sponsored

Not a bash poll more of opinion poll on do I buy my Bronco knowing about the 2.7 Motor issues?

Buy my new ordered Bronco with the 2.7 motor built late December or don’t buy her?

• Total voters

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if we even read the sticker correct, mine was built June 29. Not that I care, just took my family on a 1800 mile trip to Socal and some off roading in Anzo Borrego. I refuse to participate in these new popular past times of conspiracies, fear and paranoia. I did bring a radio with me and my phone, but that's just common sense, also a tire plug kit and compressor. Besides, lots of people out there.

If mine blows it'll get fixed. I'd be more "worried" about all the computer dodads and sensors. When the JL came out I was on 'that' forum a lot, so many issues that buying a Wrangler seemed insane if you bought into all of it, death wobble, electronics turning into disco lights, engines going bonkers, and so on. All these vehicles are mass produced things, there will be failures and that's what warranty is for. Sure, manufacturers could make sure every screw is tighten correctly and every hose is attached perfectly, but that would cost more than the warranty fix, as long as most roll out the door just fine, that's what they go for.

Get your Bronco, enjoy it. I'm impressed by the power of the 2.7, I constantly find myself going over the speed limit without even trying, too much fun. It's highly unlikely to blow, and if it does I'll have Ford deal with it. Yes, it's not my only vehicle, still have my now almost 19 year old Taco, but even if not, "what if" scenarios are not usually on my radar, life's too short for that.
Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That's a risky bet. Mechanics are paid a fixed rate (flat-rate), for every repair. It's inherently in his advantage to cut some corners and do the job as quickly as possible. Sure, there are some mechanics who are conscientious and will lose time on the job for the sake of quality.

Which one will be installing your engine? Do you get to choose?
Right! That's a pretty big job. How much experience do these dealership techs have at installing an entirely new engine? Might be their first time.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would annoy me a bit is lets say some part was made a little less than whole. It might survive 150K at stock power, with "normal" usage. Now I go and tune (and drive a bit aggressively and/or build up the bronc with large tires and a lot of extra weight), which we all know is on you the owner if it blows up.

But that risk assessment is usually taken with the knowledge that 2.7's can take at min a 20% power/torque increase with no complications. What is the allowable power increase over 100K miles with whatever part was not made up to snuff? I'd wait (and I did on my 2.7 Fusion where they had the exact same issue in the beginning) unless you are keeping it bone stock forever and not really going to use it hard. The extra year let's say, will not matter 5 years from now.
Sponsored