North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The strong play for a marketing group is to cozy up to everyone in your space, even perceived threats. I like the idea of a BN, but the price point was way off target for what most folks would embrace. MCA and others have realized that $25 is the sweet spot. I think they realized this and started the "digital" (aka discount) membership this week.
Maybe they come with an olive branch and try to get things right.
Last time I checked a cease and desist letter is not an olive branch.
Sponsored

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember looking at the swag you get for joining Marketing Nation and thinking it was worth about 7 dollars. 6g is home.

3track

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460 | Former Broncos: '73, '91
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just canceled my membership with them. Signed up back in July before I knew better. :) They should be okay though, since it looks like they added some 98,000 new members over the last week (it was 2,000 when I visited a week ago looking for interior photos).

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
You make it sound like it’s super serious. All they’ll do is restrict their account for 5 minutes while they look over their entire account. It’s just a minor inconvenience.
for me its the principle of the matter. theres too much censorship already ongoing with social media. I dont want to jump on a bandwagon just like the cancel culture we already. a hive mind can do a lot of damage that isnt warranted. I want to stay above that. they are inflicting their own damage.

like others have said, comment your feelings but no need to try to cancel them from IG.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Again @Administrator I state, B6G should sell its own badges we can display on our future Broncos

This cease and desist letter makes me feel sour. I'm no fanboy about this. But I will not be displaying any bronconation paraphernalia. But would gladly display B6G

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i mean i hope Ford realizes how poor of a move this is. Isn't their goal to disseminate new information about the Bronco.
All they ever had is images anyway...and those will soon be supplanted by way-cooler owner images anyway.

Perspective is everything. Can you imaging the folks over at Tesla sitting around trying to figure out how to monetize a few pennies from images of their offerings? No wonder F trades at a small fraction of their share price.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for me its the principle of the matter. theres too much censorship already ongoing with social media. I dont want to jump on a bandwagon just like the cancel culture we already. a hive mind can do a lot of damage that isnt warranted. I want to stay above that. they are inflicting their own damage.

like others have said, comment your feelings but no need to try to cancel them from IG.
Again, you’re taking this too seriously, they aren’t going to be cancelled from Instagram. If enough people reported it as spam all they’ll get is a notification saying their account is restricted pending review, meaning they can’t post. Then someone in an office somewhere will realize we’re all just dicks and rescind it 5 minutes later. It’s more about sending a message but lol whatever, it wasn’t that serious to begin with.

Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just got my BN 'account deletion' email....

I didn't see it at first because it was flagged by Gmail as SPAM.

Sounds like Dave over at BN is a busy guy, but not in a good way.

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I have only been here for 6 months, read a million posts, looked at B&P til my eyes bleed, talk to all my family and friends about the new Bronco I just ordered and B6G so I am a little behind the curve... Who is Bronco Nation? :)

Edit: Ooh man I feel dumb... all caught up now... in fairness to me I am a Miami Dolphins fan

Last edited:

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just canceled my membership with them. Signed up back in July before I knew better. :) They should be okay though, since it looks like they added some 98,000 new members over the last week (it was 2,000 when I visited a week ago looking for interior photos).
Yeah, I saw it just under 2100 about an hour ago. Then it jumped to 100022. Then back to 2093. Now it's at 100023.

Just another sign of the bull$h!t we should all expect when marketing/PR firms try to persuade us how we should view a company's products.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.