Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was all about the OBX at first. But the more I thought about it, the more pointless I realized it would be. Have no desire to get leather, the high or Lux. Don't care for signature lighting. The fenders flares would be swapped for black. And the running boards would come off in favor of NFab hoop steps. What's really left other than the body colored mirrors. I'm on the Big Bend and Black Diamond now. The deciding factor will be if they decide to do washout and vinyl on all models. If they do Big Bend. If not Black Diamond.
OBX tube steps standard could be option-able into NFab-like steps at a lesser price than a pure add on on the BB or BD, anyone know if it’ll be a Bronco option?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only reason i’d consider OBX is for the painted black hardtop option. I currently have a Wildtrak planned since i want black hardtop 2.7l and sasquatch. I don’t think OBX with those options will be much cheaper.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my only gripe is the tires. Q&A confirmed no tire options outside stock and Sasquatch (and now 37s). So sounds like to get 33 AT like the badlands will cost me over 1k across 5 tires, then I have to go through the hassle of eBaying the stock tires only to recoup a few hundred bucks (which annoys me). I’d happily pay Ford upwards of double the cost of the price difference between the 32s and 33s. It will still be less and the car would be delivered as I want it. So I really hope that’s something they end up offering.
I'd like the 33s, such as from Badlands as well. But I've decided maybe my best best is a second set of wheels with the 33s and just put them on for the off-roading trips. The 32s will be longer-lasting, more comfortable daily drivers and the 33s will be better off-roaders. Not a cheap way to go, and I will still compare that decision to the cost of Badlands and "living with" the 33s as daily driver tires.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In Duval county, you can drive on at Huguenot Park - but pay attention to tides as they come in fast catching drivers unaware inundating vehicles.
Never experienced it, but I have seen that. It isn't a pretty sight watching helplessly as the sea consumes an automobile.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never experienced it, but I have seen that. It isn't a pretty sight watching helplessly as the sea consumes an automobile.
Part of it is the nature of Huguenot Park with the tidal fluctuation and the free-for-all parking. There isn't a lot of room to move around and often some will be parked in by others.

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Feeling vindicated after learning that the B&P revision showing that the Automatic Transmission adds another $1595 to the price of the lower priced trims. This brings the OBX value proposition much more in line with respect to what it has to offer as compared to the other trims. Previously the OBX pricing didn’t pass my sniff test, but it does now.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Feeling vindicated after learning that the B&P revision showing that the Automatic Transmission adds another $1595 to the price of the lower priced trims. This brings the OBX value proposition much more in line with respect to what it has to offer as compared to the other trims. Previously the OBX pricing didn’t pass my sniff test, but it does now.
Al, the OBX is the Sahara of the Bronco's. It is set up for the the Mall crawler crowd, but still has the ability to travel off road with the best of them. When I was shopping Wranglers I was all over the place with the trim levels, but settled on the Sahara. It has the creature comforts that make it a great daily driver, and a long road trip vehicle (we take one of those every year). My off roading abilities are limited, and the Sahara, as I suspect the OBX will also, is more capable than I've ever be without any mods to the suspension. For me, the OBX will be the best of both worlds. Let the nay-sayers scoff. It doesn't matter to me what they think. I'm the one paying for it, and I'll get what's best for me. Good luck on your decision.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX never had luster lol

Sponsored

jaekim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if the obx would have the same tires as the BD and the same flares I would be all over it.
does black diamond get the larger flares of Sasquatch without having to option it?

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Al, the OBX is the Sahara of the Bronco's. It is set up for the the Mall crawler crowd, but still has the ability to travel off road with the best of them. When I was shopping Wranglers I was all over the place with the trim levels, but settled on the Sahara. It has the creature comforts that make it a great daily driver, and a long road trip vehicle (we take one of those every year). My off roading abilities are limited, and the Sahara, as I suspect the OBX will also, is more capable than I've ever be without any mods to the suspension. For me, the OBX will be the best of both worlds. Let the nay-sayers scoff. It doesn't matter to me what they think. I'm the one paying for it, and I'll get what's best for me. Good luck on your decision.
Now that the price of the Auto Trans has been added to the lower level trims in the B&P, I’m mostly settled on the OBX. And you're right of course, some will scoff at it’s off-road capabilities but that’s irrelevant to me. There is close to zero need for me to drive a vehicle with bash plates or rock rails here in Florida. That and the fact that my wallet is slapping my man card upside the head too much to allow me to jump on a Badlands with all the luxury adds I‘d want to include.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It does and it doesnt. The OBX went up $795 during the refresh. Ford removed the auto 4x4 from the lower gearing. So to get auto 4x4 + 4.27 gearing is 1590. My OBX 2.7 lux build is 1,400 less than a similarly optioned out Badlands. And I'm going to blow through that 1,400 on tires. So honestly, I think Badlands still reigns the champ. It has probably 3-4k of more off roading content for the same price.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does black diamond get the larger flares of Sasquatch without having to option it?
Not for sure, BD has the black/cg flares instead of the body matched ones on the obx

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh cool, another OBX bashing thread.
Keep it up, it looks like I'll moving up in the OBX line.(y)
Sponsored