Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope this doesn't get too long, but I was a day 1 reservation holder for a 2024. It is STILL unscheduled also. I ended up buying one right off another dealership lot a few weeks ago after finding it on Autotrader. The one that I ended up buying was missing only one option from my initial order, the hitch. When I got my Bronco home I went to the Ford Accessories site to order a hitch and planned to have it installed at my local dealership who I had my original order through. My dealership wasn't showing up on Ford's accessories web site as an authorized installer so I called their parts department. The guy told me they've been back and forth with Ford about this. Ford told them they will not give them the authorization to install dealer-installable options, for whatever reason. Since the hitch for all 2024 is dealer-installable I have a hunch that this is why my order was never scheduled. I confronted the sales manager about this and he was clueless to them being unable to install these options and said he'll investigate. I'm sure I'll never know if I was right or not.
Sponsored

OP
OP

tex68w

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX460, 2023 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope this doesn't get too long, but I was a day 1 reservation holder for a 2024. It is STILL unscheduled also. I ended up buying one right off another dealership lot a few weeks ago after finding it on Autotrader. The one that I ended up buying was missing only one option from my initial order, the hitch. When I got my Bronco home I went to the Ford Accessories site to order a hitch and planned to have it installed at my local dealership who I had my original order through. My dealership wasn't showing up on Ford's accessories web site as an authorized installer so I called their parts department. The guy told me they've been back and forth with Ford about this. Ford told them they will not give them the authorization to install dealer-installable options, for whatever reason. Since the hitch for all 2024 is dealer-installable I have a hunch that this is why my order was never scheduled. I confronted the sales manager about this and he was clueless to them being unable to install these options and said he'll investigate. I'm sure I'll never know if I was right or not.
I've already worked out a few deals on comparably optioned Broncos to what we ordered with the same dealer and another local dealer. We are going to test drive an Ineos Grenadier in the morning before we make a decision.

Jo.S.

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well something doesn't seem right here. Maybe dealer allocation issue?
I ordered a '24 Badlands, Sasquatch, lux, tow, leather-powered seats, MIC, (pretty much every assumed "constraint") - ordered 2/14, got the scheduled email 2/29 with build date 4/8.
So "constraints" aren't really what they appear?
I hate that for you. Maybe make sure your dealer is dealing straight with you about their allocations?
Agree.
Sponsored