John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Major points....Sometime in March, through Ford Performance, limited availability (no idea if that's total or actual on-hand), ship to e-commerce accessory dealer or home (+ super salty freight charge), $4,995.00 + $300.00 if you want dealer installed.

I know nothing else outside what's in the attachment.

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 9.29.45 PM.jpg
My Moulded In Color top is a high quality piece that has held up well over 2.5 years and 49,000 miles. Certainly worth the OEM price in 2021 of $695, and well worth the current $1,895 price for 2024 models. The defective ones get alot of coverage on the forums, but there are many of us satisfied owners. And now, finally, we have several options for owners for hard tops, OEM and Aftermarket, and several options for soft tops, OEM & Besttop. And an owner can run two tops seasonally. Or, the hybrid: Skyrider with hardtop rear shell, which I did last October.

If I had not gotten a MIC top with my early 2021 order, I don't know which Hardtop option I would choose now. But since part of the appeal of the Bronco is as an open air vehicle, it would be hard to pass up the OEM hardtop for its versatility, including the mid-panel. The trade off is more noise. But the noise of the MIC top is still much less than the softtop at highway speed.

And if I wanted a Bronco, but with a full, "permanent" hardtop, there are several excellent Aftermarket options becoming available. Which is the point of this vehicle in the first place. It's built so that the owner can configure it in a way that works for him or her, for their "ideal" vehicle. And then, if desired, change it again!

Ford Bronco OEM Hardtop available as accessory part ... here it comes. 46934
Sponsored

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Id like a white or tan soft top. The only good thing about the hard top is the rear glass. To me, they should all come with the larger skyrider to flip open on impulse.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or, the hybrid: Skyrider with hardtop rear shell, which I did last October.

Ford Bronco OEM Hardtop available as accessory part ... here it comes. 46934
What does the Skyrider look like when not folded back? Any pics?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$5000? My wife just bought her 2024 Outer Banks hardtop and window sticker said hard top was a $2,000 upgrade. LOL
That's including the value of the soft top which is ~$2000.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure. You can check my other posts, heres a pic from OBX - Corolla last week

Ford Bronco OEM Hardtop available as accessory part ... here it comes. 20240303_132206

Ford Bronco OEM Hardtop available as accessory part ... here it comes. 20240303_132206
Nice. I'm a ragtop guy with these rigs but would need better access to the rear versus the dumb flip-up of the full soft top, so this would probably be the ticket with the current offerings.

Traveler

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak; 2017 HD FLTRXS and 2008 HD FLSTF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So where is the soft top? Still unavailable?

I just want to be able to purchase the soft top and a conversion kit - trying to track a new soft top down a long with the mounting hardware to replace a hard top is a pain in the ass.
I ordered my 2023 with the Dual Top option. I've never installed the soft top and it's sitting on its pallet in my garage. I'm interesting in selling it. Pick-up only in Chicago, though.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice. I'm a ragtop guy with these rigs but would need better access to the rear versus the dumb flip-up of the full soft top, so this would probably be the ticket with the current offerings.
Here's the open top and the open glass. I like the set-up for my beach & general use, the back is fully accessible and protected with the MIC cap. If you don't have the TrailRax half-rack, your skyrider will lay down more. In yesterday's day of rainy travel, no leaks whatsoever. But the softtop lets in more road noise, and creates noise at highway speed.

20240305_171029.jpg

20240305_171006.jpg

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership said 12 months for delivery. Gonna stick with my aftermarket order...

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So Ford made us early reservation holders switch to a soft top to get our Bronco built. Now, they are producing tops for sale and they are pricing it at market value. I get it but I think a lot of us thought the Ford top would be offered to us at a price that would be closer to the cost of a dealer installed option. I’ll probably wait a few years and get a hard top on my next Bronco.
Ford didn't MAKE anyone switch to a soft top. They offered it as an option to get your Bronco sooner. People got screwed in many other ways, but no one was forced to make the switch.

We never flinched and got 2 2021 hardtops (October and November)

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford didn't MAKE anyone switch to a soft top. They offered it as an option to get your Bronco sooner. People got screwed in many other ways, but no one was forced to make the switch.

We never flinched and got 2 2021 hardtops (October and November)
Are you sure about that? In 2023 Ford offered a $2500 credit to cancel your three deadly sins (#1 was drop the mic) or else you lose all your price protection and you don’t get a Bronco. Seems pretty forceful to me.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you sure about that? In 2023 Ford offered a $2500 credit to cancel your three deadly sins (#1 was drop the mic) or else you lose all your price protection and you don’t get a Bronco. Seems pretty forceful to me.
Nope you could have waited.. by the end of 2023 everyone who kept their order a hardtop got what they wanted
Sponsored