Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Started planning my circle of the Mitten state and started thinking about overlanding/camping. Between the Jeep and the bronco when it gets here later this summer, my goal is to get out at least once a month from April on and start doing some trail camping. If I succeed and do it regularly enough, I plan on getting an overland trailer. Leaning more towards a Roof Top Tent setup, but open to some teardrops also, but ultimately it depends on the SOā€™s thoughts, as Iā€™m trying to get her out with me more as well.
So far these are the 2 I like so far thr donā€™t destroy the budget, and she likes the black series.

What have you guys found, or if you have any experience with either of these, let me know!

Black Series Sergaent
https://www.blackseriescamper.com/src/data/brochure/black-series-catalog.pdf?

Smittybilt Scout Kit
https://www.smittybilt.com/ScoutTrailerKit_landing

Edit: looking to stay in the 10-12k range price wise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This isn't exactly off road but they got some that are a bit beefier. The place is right down the road from me that sells these. What I've had my eye on!

hqdefault-1.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This isn't exactly off road but they got some that are a bit beefier. The place is right down the road from me that sells these. What I've had my eye on!

hqdefault-1.jpg

mqdefault.jpg
Thereā€™s more than a few Teardrop/hardside/top campers set up for trail running. Oregon Trailer was another one that I was checking out. The ā€œDo Dropā€ is an economical base model that looks like itā€™s pretty stout.
Iā€™m leaning towards the rtt option to keep weight down, maximize storage and get the most mileage out of a dollar.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thereā€™s more than a few Teardrop/hardside/top campers set up for trail running. Oregon Trailer was another one that I was checking out. The ā€œDo Dropā€ is an economical base model that looks like itā€™s pretty stout.
Iā€™m leaning towards the rtt option to keep weight down, maximize storage and get the most mileage out of a dollar.
I feel you! I guess part of me is I tend to stay cheap and simple. I think I'm going to try my best to sleep inside my Bronco till I can't possibly stand it. Or actually go full time for life then I'll make a move to decide! I just know I like things to be super simple! I also like the fact that one has that platform I always wanted to take a 50cc scooter with me. Like a honda ruckus!

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel you! I guess part of me is I tend to stay cheap and simple. I think I'm going to try my best to sleep inside my Bronco till I can't possibly stand it. Or actually go full time for life then I'll make a move to decide! I just know I like things to be super simple! I also like the fact that one has that platform I always wanted to take a 50cc scooter with me. Like a honda ruckus!
If it was just me, Iā€™d be on board with you. Lol.

married and 4 kids (2 older ones that want nothing to do with the ā€˜rental units, and 2 younger boys that will be with us at least 1/2 the time, plus my youngest is non-verbal Autistic and my co pilot whenever the Jeep goes off road. Sure itā€™ll be the same in the 6G), so Iā€™m trying to come up with something that works for everyone. The SO thinks camping needs to involve a 40ā€™ tri axle with a sauna and 3 king size beds, so getting her on board is a task lol. Sheā€™s the one that actually found the black series Sergaent, and itā€™s in my price range.

want to look into some RTTā€™s in person to see what would work for us. The Scout trailer with the gen2 RTT xl and annex would actually come in cheaper than the Sarge, just depends on what sheā€™s willing to compromise on.

Sponsored

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Started planning my circle of the Mitten state and started thinking about overlanding/camping. Between the Jeep and the bronco when it gets here later this summer, my goal is to get out at least once a month from April on and start doing some trail camping. If I succeed and do it regularly enough, I plan on getting an overland trailer. Leaning more towards a Roof Top Tent setup, but open to some teardrops also, but ultimately it depends on the SOā€™s thoughts, as Iā€™m trying to get her out with me more as well.
So far these are the 2 I like so far thr donā€™t destroy the budget, and she likes the black series.

What have you guys found, or if you have any experience with either of these, let me know!

Black Series Sergaent
https://www.blackseriescamper.com/src/data/brochure/black-series-catalog.pdf?

Smittybilt Scout Kit
https://www.smittybilt.com/ScoutTrailerKit_landing

Edit: looking to stay in the 10-12k range price wise.
Check out these threads:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...anding-camper-trailers-ideal-for-bronco.3162/
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/sub-2k-lb-camp-trailer-to-tow-with-bronco.4545/

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I def like the RTT trailers you shared!

You got a big family understandable why you need what you need! When ever you get it going please post lots of pictures. Look forward to seeing y'alls adventures!!

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I def like the RTT trailers you shared!

You got a big family understandable why you need what you need! When ever you get it going please post lots of pictures. Look forward to seeing y'alls adventures!!
I will for sure. Like I said in OP, I want to get out this year and make sure itā€™s what I want to spend my money on. Iā€™ve got a 6 person and a 4 person ozark trail instant tent, they set up in no time (4 person is literally 30 seconds, 6 person is 2-3 minutes), but both are bulky and take up a lot of storage space. Iā€™ll make it work for this season and see if the investment is truly going to be worth it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be the winner here. Plenty of clearance, A/C so she canā€™t complain about the heat and plenty of clearance.
https://www.tinycampercompany.com/upgrades-3/4x8-kong-off-series
I like all of them! I am interested to see what people think of the various options. My wife has actually started to get into the Bronco and even researched Drummond already. I will likely bring the Sea Doos vs. tow a trailer, depending on where we are going (Silver Lake is top on the Bronco/Sea Doo list), but who knows where we might go in the future!

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like all of them! I am interested to see what people think of the various options. My wife has actually started to get into the Bronco and even researched Drummond already. I will likely bring the Sea Doos vs. tow a trailer, depending on where we are going (Silver Lake is top on the Bronco/Sea Doo list), but who knows where we might go in the future!
I would take the trailer vs the sea doos to Drummond, just my opinion (and I donā€™t own sea doos, so thereā€™s that. ??ā€ā™‚). I donā€™t think they have the launch on the dunes anymore, probably have to launch from the campground now. Years ago you could tow them right onto the dunes, unfortunately too many people were getting stuck on the entrance hill. ?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take the trailer vs the sea doos to Drummond, just my opinion (and I donā€™t own sea doos, so thereā€™s that. ??ā€ā™‚). I donā€™t think they have the launch on the dunes anymore, probably have to launch from the campground now. Years ago you could tow them right onto the dunes, unfortunately too many people were getting stuck on the entrance hill. ?
They are pretty much small boats now, super stable and pretty dry ride. I might not bring them to Drummond, but Pictured Rocks and other spots along the lake will be cool to explore. I remember seeing people get stuck towing, I would just like to put in at the bot ramp and cruise the area around Silver Lake and the dunes. People watching on the beach can be entertaining too!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is ours. ā€˜18 Patriot Campers X1 GT

Ford Bronco Off Road Campers that are within GVWR 53EF080A-CFD6-4EE2-825D-5F16FD2D9F5D

Ford Bronco Off Road Campers that are within GVWR 509CF9EB-841A-45C2-974B-20E7651DE398

Ford Bronco Off Road Campers that are within GVWR 61FDCF7B-779B-4BAF-A0AE-3709515A203B

Ford Bronco Off Road Campers that are within GVWR C148119E-52E8-4BC3-A9F7-FFC47536C631

D5836568-3C72-4B7A-BAB8-36388070941B.jpeg

F59897C5-0135-4533-9C1D-846C73276838.jpeg
Sponsored