Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beat me to it.
Yes, unfortunately, it is a thing.
And it breaks my heart that it is called the "Carolina Squat".
Whenever people ask me about it from out of state, I always point the blame to South Carolina (No disrespect to the great Palmetto state, but hey, NC can't bear this burden alone).
It is horrible.
There is no way they can see what's in front of them and the headlights don't have enough adjustment to compensate.
I guess that's why they all put the lights in their wheels along with underbody glow along with the 36" diameter Exhaust tips, so they can be seen by others.
Because they dang sure can't see anyone else.
This is one law I can get behind...even though it kinda opens the door for expanding into affecting things that aren't as ridiculous (and I know this is subjective).
I've heard talk of the law being expanded to include ALL height modifications to vehicles legally tagged for highway use to limit them to less than 2" higher or lower than stock factory settings.
Before you know it this could continue to expand and constrict options until....
Well, I'll stop there before it becomes political.
At the end of the day we all agree the death of the "Carolina squat" will be a great day in the history of mankind, and there will be much rejoicing.
Maybe they pretend they are taxiing a P51 to work?

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe they pretend they are taxiing a P51 to work?
the problem is these squatted vehicles should not be passing safety inspections. i remember having a target in the inspection station for high and low beams. if your lights were out of alignment, you failed. the same should hold true for line of vision... laws don't change anything, because they typically are not uniformly enforced..

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the problem is these squatted vehicles should not be passing safety inspections. i remember having a target in the inspection station for high and low beams. if your lights were out of alignment, you failed. the same should hold true for line of vision... laws don't change anything, because they typically are not uniformly enforced..
You are making the assumption that there is a requirement for safety inspection where they live. Where I live, there is no such thing as vehicle inspection.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And today I saw the first F series truck with a DOOD grille. Jeez, you guys made me look!

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The intent of selective yellow is to improve vision by removing short, blue to violet wavelengths from the projected light. These wavelengths are difficult for the human visual system to process properly, and they cause perceived dazzle and glare effects in rain, fog and snow.

Just sayin.....;)
Yeah, but how will people know I have sick yellow fog lamps if I don't drive around with them turned on 24/7?!

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably catch crap for this one but…all the over-landing BS that I see hanging off every truck, jeep, SUV, station wagon here in Phoenix. The tents are the dumbest of all. For the few that actually use this stuff for its intended purpose, no problem, you folks rock. There are a few people in my neighborhood who leave this stuff on their daily drivers all the time. Going for the rugged individual look but achieving the poser look. I do a fair amount of camping with some of my mountain biking friends. One of us rents a uhaul trailer for all of our gear and away we go.
Lol, yep, I have my tent, sleeping pad and bag, stove, food, everything I need for camping in my back pack, just grab it throw it in the back with a beer cooler and I’m off. I can strap it to the front of my quad with cooler on back and I’m off. Or go for a hike, options are limitless with my setup and I’m into it for $3500 less.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with just about everything in this thread but these two

Too much chrome...

a60591173d77c42807130c30136c73d9.jpg
Just about everything on this Jeep…

1625082688071.png
Are so bat shit bonkers that I have to respect that. Kinda like this dude.

Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625589504991

link
Yes, his eyes are tattooed black...
Like some weird art shit I clearly don't understand but I can admire their commitment to the cause...

Now this guy is clearly just a major d-bag
Stripper poles apparently...

Screenshot_20210630-182200.png
:rolleyes:

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with just about everything in this thread but these two

Are so bat shit bonkers that I have to respect that. Kinda like this dude.

Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625589504991

link
Yes, his eyes are tattooed black...
Like some weird art shit I clearly don't understand but I can admire their commitment to the cause...

Now this guy is clearly just a major d-bag

:rolleyes:
I see this..
Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625593232495

and all I think is this...

Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625593210106

or this....

Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625593330588

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hood mounted assault rifles.
Ford Bronco Off Road Mods People Think Are Cool, But Really Aren’t 1625593330588
That is too funny. She couldn't tell the difference between an assault rifle and an assault jack ;)

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hood mounted assault rifles.
SAiewI6GjgPt0bJpBwvY0KbG7lWUEaSbss1_LwhUQHk.jpg
That is pretty funny though! I would add one of those if I knew I could get that kind of reaction from idiots!
Well maybe not,… but would be funny.