J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You’re in luck that Black Friday is just around the corner. Start slowly buying stuff you’ll need. My recommendations would be the following:

PCI Race Radio Kenwood 50w.
Hammer built tailgate brace with the radio antenna bracket accessory
Baja Designs XL80 pillar lights with SDHQ light brackets

Stuff you can do for free (well you’ll have to buy the torque paint), go under your Bronco and paint EVERY suspension bolt with a line / mark. That way you can do a look at the end of a day’s run. If the torque mark has moved, retorque is necessary. It’s better than hitting every bolt with a wrench.
Well be screen shotting this and sending directly to the fam in a group chat for my list.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JRMFFL531

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for this. I briefly read the first bit. Looks full of great info.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hold up! Nobody said anything about “wrench time”. I’m all beat to hell. And now I gotta get under the rig?! Not only did I pick an expensive hobby. I may have picked the wrong one. Haha. Great idea though and I’ll do it before I get out there. I’ve just been doing some Texas dirt roads. But I’m getting the itch.
If you off-road, trust me you’ll have more than enough “wrench time” 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bro I don’t even think I own more than 1 wrench.
Hopefully someone in the group you go with does. Eventually, everybody breaks something. Hopefully it’s cheap😂😂😂😂😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
JRMFFL531

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sigh. Yes. I’m good at destroying shit too.

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found a local Bronco club that goes to an ORV park once a month. Decided to meet up and everyone was super friendly and helped me learn. After that I was hooked, and signed up for an Off Roadeo - highly recommend.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you are in the Lone Star State compared to Big Bend, but it was the first place we took ours to have some fun in it. We bought ours at Sewell in Odessa and drove straight south the day we picked it up.
And it was a life experience type of place.

Having grown up as a child in East Tx, we moved up here to NC when I was in grade school and man, it felt good to come back down there for a week.

Anyway, BB is some easy wheeling to get you out away from everyone and everything. The hardest thing to do there is Black Gap road, and it's quite easy with your Squatch'd ride.

This is the best time to go, as the weather is not hot in the daytime, and if you are a camper, the mornings are just crisp enough to give you that good ole' camping feelin'.

Good advice above I won't regurgitate but the best beginning thing is to get to looking for local groups, local people, reach out to other TX Bronco people on here (and groups), and get your feet wet with a few group rides.
Once you get comfortable with your vehicle and comfortable off-pavement you will find it is an addiction that brings a lot of peace, fun, and recharge-time.
There is also Hidden Falls just NW of Austin.
Good luck!

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll ask in advance that you please forgive me for being slow…but is there a book or a starting point to learn about going off roading and what equipment is needed? When providing ideas please keep in mind that I am from Virginia and don’t read so good. Thanks
Rule 1: Always check how deep the water is.

There’s a ton of posts on this already but I’ll shout out anything Factor55. I like to buy American made for gear I need to work!

Also, try joining a local club?

Sponsored

New2This

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go solo, you have a good chance of an instructor riding shotgun. Personal instruction!!

I went solo (though tried to convince my wife and several friends). most everyone else had family with them. it ended up being great!

I was the lead car and had the head instructor right shotgun. It was my first offroad experience and I asked him every question I could think of during the 5-6 hours we were riding. he was very patient, explained everything to me. definitely recommend.

excellent experience

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh shit. And I can leave my wife at home?! Wonder if my dog can ride. Lol
Just FYI, I had planned to bring our Yorkie to Off-Rodeo but unfortunately no pets allowed.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Search 101 classes in your area.. Lots of groups have them for beginners.. Awesome class.. Then they advance to 201-301.. I took all 3 several years ago… Scott

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went solo (though tried to convince my wife and several friends). most everyone else had family with them. it ended up being great!

I was the lead car and had the head instructor right shotgun. It was my first offroad experience and I asked him every question I could think of during the 5-6 hours we were riding. he was very patient, explained everything to me. definitely recommend.

excellent experience
100% agree. I had the same experience but was even luckier in that there were only two broncos in my off-rodeo group. Can’t recommend it enough. I went to Moab but my (Moab-based) instructor said her favorite location was the one in Texas.
Sponsored