Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
another significant change I haven't seen mentioned:

1. Previously Ford was going to accept dealer orders thru January 2021, and THEN sometime in February communicate to dealers what their MY21 allocation was. Ergo dealers would be writing orders with no knowledge of what their allocation was going to be.

2. Now, Ford knows Exactly how many reservations are timestamped from 7/13 to 9/18, and it sounds as if Ford will tell their dealers what their MY21 allocation will be prior to December. And also only accept orders for those reservations timestamped prior to 9/18
This may be the most important point- At SuperCel East the Brand manager stated that Ford was working on a system to allow reservation holders to know were they sit in the time stamp list relative to others. Commodities aside, I think there is a chance you may know roughly when your Bronco might be built- maybe a monthly/ quarterly range etc. Mix that knowledge with the previous allocation process and the chance to change dealership- Chaos
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Model year designations are arbitrary, and if they are serious about this entire reservation, order, and a la carte system, that they are going about it the wrong way.

Sounds like dealerships are wanting vehicles to mark up, those with reservations are hoping to make a quick buck on eBay, and why bother charging people money if you can’t even promise a six month delivery time frame?

Sounds like they want 100 bucks to place a reservation for something you may not even be able to order until after allocated vehicles that nobody special ordered are delivered to dealerships.
None of that is correct. Reservation-holders get their vehicles first. That's been clear for a long time. You put $100 (refundable) down starting in July. At some point, build and price comes out and you can figure out what you want. If you don't want a Bronco, at any time, you can back out and get your $100 back. If you don't place and order by January 31, 2021, you will no longer be a reservation holder and you get your $100 back.

Dealers will not have Broncos to sell until reservation holders get theirs, with the exception being the rare person who places and order and then doesn't purchase the Bronco when it arrives. Free-range Broncos will be scarce until 2022. Dealers will have plenty of opportunity to make money selling Broncos even before they ever sell any off-the-lot.

The $100 reservation is a simple way to separate genuine interest from tire-kickers. It's a minimal amount, but anyone can put their name on a list for free. How much would you trust demand in that scenario? Hell, I'd put my name on the list for a million dollar Ferrari if I could do it for free. Then I could tell all my friends how I'm in line to get one. ?

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see why you would get too worked up. No one knows what 2022 will hold and it's clear when you reserve that your build could be in 2022. No one should be shocked that Ford isn't going to build 2021s in calendar year 2022.
One thing 2022 will hold is that all 2022 model year vehicles will likely already have 2021 recalls applied in the factory.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I’m understanding this announcement changes nothing about delivery dates, just about what model year our Broncos will be considered. I reserved mine just a few days ago and of course I’m expecting to get a late 2021 delivery at best or more realistically, an early 2022 delivery. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong?
Expect a 2022 delivery of a 2022 model-year Bronco and be totally thrilled if it happens any sooner. ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it fair to say that every MY 2021 Bronco built will go to fill a reservation? Will there be any dealer stock for MY21? What happens to the reservations that were made prior to September 18th, 2020 that do not get converted into an order? Do those go to dealer stock or to someone with a reservation after Sept 18th?
If someone decides not to buy when their Bronco comes in, it would become dealer stock. If you don't turn your reservation into an order, I believe it goes away and Ford will return the deposit.

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Deliveries of your 2021 Bronco may extend into the 2022 calendar year...got it.

Just shut down the reservation portal. It's that simple.
It says NOWHERE that you are reserving a 2021 Bronco. Yes the page is for a 2021 Bronco, but Ford was careful to say "your Bronco" and "your new Bronco" and thank people for their interest in the 2021 Bronco, but they never promised everyone a MY2021 Bronco.

Why would they shut down the portal when people are still reserving 3 months later?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were planning on not driving it and selling it many years down the road as some sort of "first-year collectable" (bad idea), you might want a 2021. Otherwise, I'd actually prefer a 2022. Especially if my 2021 arrived only shortly before 2022s started arriving. Who wants an September-December car as a 2021 model? ?
That is a bad idea. I bought a 2007 GT500 when they first cam out. Supposed to be 3 years and 7500 a year. You know what happened there; bottom, fell out when they increased production and improved the car.

Slandreth

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 , Ranger,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Initial allocation has been communicated...

You are talking about the last 50% and totally forgetting the first 50% of the scale...

Conversion rate is the major determining factor while the dealer size and Jeep Yota market penetration is the other half...
In the effort of full disclosure, I just spoke to the Ford rep in this area. Bronco Sport allocation is known. Full size Bronco allocation info has not been communicated to ANY dealer as of yet. If other info is out there, it is almost certainly incorrect.
Thank you and stay safe.

crozbee

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is way better than getting a 2021 Bronco in 2022. I reserved early, but if I hadn't and was not going to take delivery until 2022, I'd want a 2022.
i just reserved earlier this week and have expected it would be delivered in 2022 so i will be quite pleased to have it be a MY22 to allow them to work out any issues and possibly add GREEN

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is official communications confirming that the new reservation move cut-off date is January 31, 2021 and the 2021 Model Year reservations cut-off date is September 18, 2020 (any reservations made after September 18, 2020 will be 2022 Model Year).

2021 Ford Bronco reservation change date and 21MY cutoff date.jpg
Still no mention about Canadian reservations ability to change dealesips. Right now you cannot Hope they are working on that....................!

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It says NOWHERE that you are reserving a 2021 Bronco. Yes the page is for a 2021 Bronco, but Ford was careful to say "your Bronco" and "your new Bronco" and thank people for their interest in the 2021 Bronco, but they never promised everyone a MY2021 Bronco.

Why would they shut down the portal when people are still reserving 3 months later?
Because they're reserving thinking they're getting what's being advertised?

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is actually good news for me as I wanted a 22, but a lot of dealers are going to go to a non refundable more substantial down when you actually order your build.
That may happen for some but the major source of almost everyone’s anxiety is this site, not the fully refundable $100 deposit they put down 3 months ago.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well now. It seems those that took Granger up on their offer have now "benefitted" from being confirmed as having reserved an MY22 Bronco. I'm fairly happy that has happened. Removes any possible, yet doubtful, "year 1 issues" and it also allows a year 1 price for a year 2 model.

Seems like a "win" in my book.
I'm not so sure on the year one price on a 2 year model. Making them officially 22's could mean price changes. That would be a double whammy for Granger customers.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still no mention about Canadian reservations ability to change dealesips. Right now you cannot Hope they are working on that....................!
I read on another post (I think maybe @Granger Ford posted a screenshot of it?) that the dealer reservation change only happened because reservation system wouldn't let some input their preferred dealer. So Ford allowed changes because of this error.

DId ford.ca have this same issue? I reserved later so I don't know.
Sponsored