Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Granger Ford @Kris87
Hypothetically, if the Ford allocation formula works out to 90% for a specific dealer, does this mean only the first 90% of the reservation holders get their Bronco from that dealer?
Do the remaining 10% get moved to the end of the line (after initial allocation is fulfilled to all dealers), or are their reservations cancelled?

Or does the allocation formula only apply to what a dealer may receive (for dealer stock) after all current reservations are filled?

This 'dealer allocation' suggests I may be penalized due to my dealer's standing.
I would expect Ford to honor my timestamp and not penalize me for the dealer I chose.

If my August reservation gets cancelled I'm going to be pissed. If it just gets delayed, I may be able to deal with it.
By this memo, you should have an idea were you stand on your dealer allocation before ordering. Nothing stops you from shopping dealers at that time
Sponsored

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that mean reservations at granger before 18 is still likely to be in 2022? Unless you reserved first 3 days or so
I'm no expert, but my reading of the memo coupled with previous information regarding the allocation process tells me the following:
1. Orders converted with a res date prior to September 18th will be used to calculate the 50% allocation factor to determine how many dealers will receive in 2021.
2. Depending on the dealer ranking and market penetration of Jeeps/4 Runners, each dealer will receive additional allocation of 2021 Broncos.
3. Then it depends on your ranking within your dealer of choice as to whether or not you get a 2021 or a 2022 model.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought if they move the production MY after you make a reservation for the previous MY, Ford will honor the previous years pricing?
That's my hope.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does it say anywhere that everybody getting a 2021 will have their vehicle delivered in 2021?

Just because they call them a 2021, that doesn't mean they can't deliver them in 2022.
And that was the original text on the Ford site.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This may be the most important point- At SuperCel East the Brand manager stated that Ford was working on a system to allow reservation holders to know were they sit in the time stamp list relative to others. Commodities aside, I think there is a chance you may know roughly when your Bronco might be built- maybe a monthly/ quarterly range etc. Mix that knowledge with the previous allocation process and the chance to change dealership- Chaos
In early 2021, your Ford Dealer will be able to provide an approximate date for the delivery of your Bronco. Initial Bronco 2 and 4-door deliveries are targeted to begin in June 2021.

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where did you go to see reviews of car salesmen?
go to google and type your dealers website and read the google reviews from other buyers. I picked salesman who was knowledgeable and not pushy. Went to dealers counter and ask for that particular salesman. I'm glad since vultures were waiting. So you will have a peace of mind when your ready to sign papers.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Possibly because that info says calendar year, not model year.
Yes, I like Ford, have taken the liberty of assuming folks understand the very common practice in the automotive industry of changing model years, and not having a brand new vehicle assembled in one year labeled as the previous year. Silly us.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before this thread-
Reason to shop Dealers-Price

After this thread-
Reason to shop Dealers- Price & Estimated Delivery Date

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By this memo, you should have an idea were you stand on your dealer allocation before ordering. Nothing stops you from shopping dealers at that time
3. Then it depends on your ranking within your dealer of choice as to whether or not you get a 2021 or a 2022 model.
So I should ask my dealer where I stand on their allocation list, and I should get an honest, well informed answer????
The allocation percentage hasn't even been determined yet, and won't be until Jan 31.
c'mon Ford, just stick to the timestamps.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
In early 2021, your Ford Dealer will be able to provide an approximate date for the delivery of your Bronco. Initial Bronco 2 and 4-door deliveries are targeted to begin in June 2021.
Read the last line in this memo. It fits what the Ford Brand Manager told me at Supercel East. Ford is looking at giving us delivery expectations Prior to the order bank opening. If this happens, it gives you the chance to switch dealers not only for price but delivery as well.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Read the last line in this memo. It fits what the Ford Brand Manager told me at Supercel East. Ford is looking at giving us delivery expectations Prior to the order bank opening. If this happens, it gives you the chance to switch dealers not only for price but delivery as well.
The order bank is scheduled to open in December. How could the dealers give us an estimated delivery date before we order of we potentially order before 2021?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I should ask my dealer where I stand on their allocation list, and I should get an honest, well informed answer????
The allocation percentage hasn't even been determined yet, and won't be until Jan 31.
" intital allocation forcast ahead of order bank opening" Sounds like it will be know before Jan 31

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does everyone think B&P is tied into everything?
No. Totally separate. The issue has to do with cut off dates for 2021 vs 2022 models. The initial Build and Price will likely only be for 2021 models. The B&P for 2022 models will be next year, with my WAG of late July or August.
Sponsored