First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does it say anywhere that everybody getting a 2021 will have their vehicle delivered in 2021?

Just because they call them a 2021, that doesn't mean they can't deliver them in 2022.
Sponsored

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The thing is allocation will figure into when you receive your Bronco. If your reservation puts you past the dealers initial allocation, the wait will vary by dealer size and the number of reservations at that dealer. You say you changed before the Ford announcement, but Ford has put up a hard date of Sept 18th. If you are Sept 18th or above your Bronco will be a 2022.
This is exactly right. I have an 8/19 reservation, but that does not mean I will get a 2021 MY or take delivery in 2021. It really all depends on the dealer allocation and where I rank in that allocation. Unfortunately, that information is going to be sketchy because dealers are incentivized to convert orders and we all know what that means?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which explains exactly why B&P hasn't arrived yet. If Ford is still learning what people really want, they can't put out B&P and then change it later. You thought people were crazy about not having B&P--just imagine if they messed with it after they released it! B&P will have to be locked-in for the whole model year. It's in our best interest to let them get it right. It's more likely to give us what we've been asking for.

It's even possible that B&P might be delayed because Ford is waiting for answers from suppliers about certain questions--questions that have come up based on our feedback.
Just for reference, F-150 has an early B & P put up and it's incomplete. Doing some test builds, I discovered certain options didn't show up on B & P, but are listed on the order guide. Obviously, they will be updating that at some point.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The allocation is the number of 2021 model year Broncos that a dealer will receive.

It means that at some dealers, all or most of their reservation holders will get a 2021, even if ordered after Sept 18. At others, reservations holders will have to wait for 2022 even if they ordered before Sept 18. This is the "approximately in reservation order" disclaimer in action.

We were hoping the reservation system would eliminate this crap, but Ford caved to the big dealers.
I hope this is wrong.
You're saying a reservation holder could get screwed and have their delivery delayed by months...... due to the performance and standing of their dealer.
The reservation holder should not be penalized by their choice of dealer!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
If people are allowed to switch their reservations up until 1/31/21 and the number of reservations accounts for 50% of a dealer's allocation, how will we really know what the dealer's allocation looks like and as a result the potential impact on our delivery timeframe / our dealer selection? Is this just a moving target that gets closer to being accurate as time goes by and more orders are placed?
Yep-Chaos

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You mean like this? Ford updated a while back. I just don't get why people thought a vehicle delivered in 2022 would be a MY 2021....

20200724_111744.jpg
Possibly because that info says calendar year, not model year.

Jroub21

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor ‘17 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some comments in this post are almost as stupid as the guy who said BP was going live last night. I’ve been following this website for over a year and finally made a profile just to respond to this idiocy.

Is this not a memo to the dealers, not the people with reservations?
it’s all about how the following year allocations will be decided that the actual dealerships will be able to grab, aka their piece of the bronco pie.

I took advantage of the Granger option for October, canceled my original early reservation spot, so I really don’t care when I get my Bronco, I was already expecting a 2022 delivery date. The only part of this that affects the reservations is the September 19 date, your Bronco will be a ‘22, not a ‘21. Personally I’m stoked about this, because I was a bit leery about taking a ‘21 in the 2022 year. That was the only thing I was worried about!

Ford, nor Granger, are going to screw over the reservation holders by increasing prices. That’s not a good way to do business!
Anyone who reserved through this whole process is going to have the price of what’s on the website when we reserved and everybody’s going to have their builds in come January.

I can’t believe how many people are freaking out about this, it’s not rocket science!

Another thing, dealerships will not take any inventory before reservations are totally filled whether it’s in 21 or 22.
unless there’s the exception where others have already pointed out, Someone reserves at a dealership and intends to not purchase on delivery, in which case the dealership will be able to sell outright. That’s the only way I see a dealership selling a bronco before all reservations are filled.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No your designated dealer will informed you to come over to finalize your order, when their officially allowed. But I went to dealer just to make sure they have my info and picked a sales person with good reviews, so I will be set when they times comes. He just needs your time stamped order
Where did you go to see reviews of car salesmen?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it’s all about how the following year allocations will be decided that the actual dealerships will be able to grab, aka their piece of the bronco pie.
That’s false. It’s a formula to decide how many reservation orders they get to fill (allocations) in the first year run.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly right. I have an 8/19 reservation, but that does not mean I will get a 2021 MY or take delivery in 2021. It really all depends on the dealer allocation and where I rank in that allocation. Unfortunately, that information is going to be sketchy because dealers are incentivized to convert orders and we all know what that means?
Does that mean reservations at granger before 18 is still likely to be in 2022? Unless you reserved first 3 days or so

Sponsored

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is official communications confirming that the new reservation move cut-off date is January 31, 2021 and the 2021 Model Year reservations cut-off date is September 18, 2020 (any reservations made after September 18, 2020 will be 2022 Model Year).

2021 Ford Bronco reservation change date and 21MY cutoff date.jpg
I love this page and have been digging through all of the conversations and information. great stuff. so, tonight i finally registered tonight just so i could say this *&^%$#@ sucks!!!....that is all...carry on...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Deliveries of your 2021 Bronco may extend into the 2022 calendar year...got it.

Just shut down the reservation portal. It's that simple.

Add a message "2021 MY reservations are full! Subscribe so you can know the latest news when reservations open for the 2022 MY."

Some y'all enjoy getting conned and then thank the conman for the experience. :LOL:
I would expect by 4th quarter Ford adjusts scheduling to get most 21's built in 21. By announcing the Sept 18th cutoff, they affectively announced 21 reservations are full. Too far away to announce 22 plans.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[/
A 7 bullet point memo and 23 pages of people guessing and making up stuff about when Ford will deliver their Bronco. This is really not new information. Just let’s people know when the Bronco will become a 2022.
↑This.

It's an internal memo, yet somehow, people think Ford is being negligent by withholding any explanation.