First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Howdy all, just traded softop (off my rig 19,000 miles) for a hardtop (his rig 400 miles) with another gentleman. Have had it out in the sun 3 days max and now I'm getting the snakeskin/honeycomb defect. Taking to the dealer to look at, am I hosed warranty wise? Have the original hardtop owner's VIN just in case.

thumbnail_IMG_0357.jpg
Doesn't matter, they wont do anything about it.
Sponsored

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If possible, I’m going to wait until the mod top comes out, file delaminating top claim with Ford and pay the difference for a painted mod top.

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya mines worse than that and dealer told me Ford rejects every "snakeskin" claim they have put in recently.
Thanks for the heads up, maybe a line-x or raptor line will solve it, maybe just paint the whole thing.

Sponsored
First Name
Trav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also just noticed our mic 2.0 hardtop is beginning to delaminate too. Maybe it was the summer heat but this was a nov 2021 build date. Have an appointment with dealer next week to hopefully have this warrantied and replaced also.
Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! DDC0DAE4-6E93-4BA5-80FD-8D22788353A2
Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! 6BBBD78A-3FE7-45DC-AF20-A4A120D0837C

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Howdy all, just traded softop (off my rig 19,000 miles) for a hardtop (his rig 400 miles) with another gentleman. Have had it out in the sun 3 days max and now I'm getting the snakeskin/honeycomb defect. Taking to the dealer to look at, am I hosed warranty wise? Have the original hardtop owner's VIN just in case.

Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! 6BBBD78A-3FE7-45DC-AF20-A4A120D0837C

If you want to trade back to a soft-top, I'll make the drive over to ID and won't care about the snakeskin..... Just saying.... ;)

Idaho-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to trade back to a soft-top, I'll make the drive over to ID and won't care about the snakeskin..... Just saying.... ;)
Haha I’m good 😂

CC220

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT500, 2001 Ram 2500 4X4 24V Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also just noticed our mic 2.0 hardtop is beginning to delaminate too. Maybe it was the summer heat but this was a nov 2021 build date. Have an appointment with dealer next week to hopefully have this warrantied and replaced also.
That sucks…. Mine is at the dealership today having the top replaced. Hopefully the new one lasts longer. The FoMoCo employees that monitor these forums were very helpful throughout the process.

JohnZi

Badlands
First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '21
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn dude. Us DM gang can't seem to get catch a break.

My middle panel drives me NUTS.

Hi, were you able to do anything about these darker front panels? Any warranty claim? I just got mine hard top replaced with 2.0 and it came like yours as well. My front panels are darker and it was perfect previously. Now I kinda regret that I swap my hard top :/

Sponsored

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did Ford take care of this problem? Here's my 2023 that I took delivery on in February :(
Ford Bronco OH NO 2.0 MIC Hard Top Delaminating!?!?!!! Bad To

gregd121

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger Scat Pack WB Shaker ; Tesla M3P
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I realize that this is going to be a continuing issue for owners until Ford really figures out this problem. However, if you're still under the factory warranty, I would continue to replace the top over and over to extend the warranty coverage of the top itself. I wouldn't necessarily wait until the problem is solved, until then they may tell you the top is out of warranty, especially if they're considering the MIC 2.0 top a fix at the corporate level. I'd hate for them to tell anyone to buy a new top because you're now out of warranty...

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eep! Reading this I am happy I have a soft top with no issues as of yet, and the aftermarket is coming on strong.

That Aluminum top from Armadillo is looking better and better.

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I realize that this is going to be a continuing issue for owners until Ford really figures out this problem. However, if you're still under the factory warranty, I would continue to replace the top over and over to extend the warranty coverage of the top itself. I wouldn't necessarily wait until the problem is solved, until then they may tell you the top is out of warranty, especially if they're considering the MIC 2.0 top a fix at the corporate level. I'd hate for them to tell anyone to buy a new top because you're now out of warranty...
I would suspect there are a lot more out there that look like this than we know. I had no idea until I actually backed into my garage and saw it from above (3 steps into my mudroom from garage). Not noticeable at eye level of course.

HippoBase

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
'22 Bronco. My clamshell started to bubble, for lack of a better term, a couple of months after delivery. Dealer ordered a replacement which arrived this week and is being installed next week. The front passenger panel has already been replaced.

My '22 is starting to do this too, ugh. Any luck with the replacement?
Sponsored