First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This has been my tried and true method with a ‘23 2.3l, but it’s likely applicable to all years and the 2.7 as well:

1. Decide you want an oil change

2. Book an appointment with your dealer

3. Bring in Bronco, wait around an hour

4. Drive away

5. Post here you had an oil change from the dealer that saved you time and hassle and is recorded on your CarFax.

6. Get grief from all the old guys on the forum

If you follow steps 1-5 religiously, you will certainly get step 6.

Happy trails!
Not at all opposed to getting my oil and other services at the dealer, in theory they're the best trained and equipped to do the work properly. Sadly, that's not usually the case. I did use my Ford dealer in N Atlanta (Howell Ford) as they were exceedingly easy to work with, very competent and priced fairly. My last visit there didn't go so well but they made it right so all is well. Similarly our Acura dealer, now that the whole COVID excuse is behind us, has been very good as well. And I had an opportunity to use an out of twon Acura dealer during a trip with some car trouble. They did a admirable job of making a very incenvient occurrence tolerable and the car was repaired properly. We'll see if Acura corporate follows through on the Trip Interruption protection claim I filed. But my local Ford and Jeep dealers are awful. Difficult to deal with, perpetually booked up 3 weeks in advance, expensive and careless with their work. After a recall and maintenance service, the Jeep was returned with several under dash components left on the back seat. The dealer told me to bring it back, leave it with them 2 days and they'd correct it. No. Stellantis is a lost cause, but Ford has the resources and momentum to demand better from their licensed, franhcied dealers and as a business person myself, I refuse to patronize a location that doesn't value my buisiness or satisfaction with their named product. I'll spend an hours and some greasy hands to do it myslef and avoid the aggrivation.
Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has been my tried and true method with a ‘23 2.3l, but it’s likely applicable to all years and the 2.7 as well:

1. Decide you want an oil change

2. Book an appointment with your dealer

3. Bring in Bronco, wait around an hour

4. Drive away

5. Post here you had an oil change from the dealer that saved you time and hassle and is recorded on your CarFax.

Happy trails!
Ever trust a dealer to do something that I can still do myself.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went in to dealer to make an appointment for service and recall..
Told me they were week or so out and then referred me to their mobile service...came to my house next day!
Changed oil..rotated tires ..did the wiper recall ..asked me if I wanted the stupid seat belt clips installed..I said no..used ford points to pay..easy peasy...
Did they take your car to the dealership (how) or did all at your home? Thanks.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No..did everything in my driveway.
Like someone else said..."not a drop spilled".
Also jacked up did tire rotation and used torque wrench to specifcattions..

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1.) Make appointment.
2.) Go to appointment.
3.) Dealer says no you don't have an appointment.
4.) Prove that you made an appointment.
5.) Dealer is very surprised that you have an appointment.
THIS is exactly what happened last time!!!
EXACTLY!

Ironically, they had a spot open the following hour (11am instead of 10am as reserved) so I just left the Bronco there, went to breakfast.... then the person that had my 10am "no showed" .... they were done with mine before 11. Lol!
🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy trails!
1. Ordered a 2010 Ranger XLT from the FLEET guy at local dealer.

2. FLEET guy (who orders trucks all the time) said it'll take 8 weeks.

3. Fleet guy (who orders trucks all the time) forgot that the Twin Cities plant closes for a few weeks for summer vaycay.

4. Sparky sells two veehickles, since my new Ranger is/was supposed to be here in 8 weeks. Daily driver ends up being my 85 F-250; 9 MPG.

5. New Ranger shows up in 16 WEEKS, since the FLEET guy don't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

6. Truck shows up with no block heater, like Sparky specified on the order. Fleet guy says; "Oh we dint figger you'd need that down here in Texas."

7. Salesman says; "We'll give you a year of free oil changes, since we screwed up."

8. A year later, Sparky goes to change his oil; drain plug is stripped out.

TRUE STORY!!!
Things have changed at my local dealer; I'm pretty sure they fired a few dickhaids, since I don't see them around any more.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
My method, first one at 1k miles the second one this week at 4k miles (and every 3k miles or 1 yr):
1. Order everything needed online and ahead of time.
2. When the day comes, use an extractor to pull the oil out of the dipstick.
3. Remove steel bash plate and remove the last 1/4 of a cup of oil from the plastic drain without showering yourself with hot oil.
4. Inspect other components for leaks, CV boots for rips, etc. Button up and walk away knowing that it was done right by the only person that cares that your vehicle lasts a long time.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also...I was very hesitant because the guy was pretty young...but it all worked out! I'm in the service industry as well and I started when I was 18 so I know how that feels to show up at someone's residence and them looking at you like you're not experienced cause you're not old enough to drink...I look at it the opposite and glad I don't have someone showing up drunk!

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been changing oil since the 6th grade, but maybe I'm an "old guy" now?

1. Change your own oil
2. Send a sample to Blackstone Laboratory
3. Much better proof than the dealership

Never had warranty work denied. Never had any loss of resale/trade-in value. Never had anyone ask to see oil records from a dealership or my permanent record from high school, lol.

Do what you like, but I don't trust anyone the dealership only trusts with an oil change. @brkdncr probably couldn't get other work done at the same time because they scheduled their Bronco with a lot porter/oil monkey and not a mechanic/service tech.
I guess I'm an old guy too. Yep, just looked in the mirror, I am.

I haven't let any dealer do an oil change on any car in my life (except when my wife had 3 years of oil changes on her BMW). I change oil every 5000 miles on every rig, just easier to do myself while I look the vehicle over during the process.

I just bought my Base a couple of weeks ago so I haven't done one yet but I will when the time comes. I don't send oil samples off. I use the 5000 mile because it is under the recommendation and when going from one vehicle to the other it is easier to see when it is due by the odometer. I also write the mileage down on a log book for that rig. As well as any other maintenance.

I'm retired now so I have more time but I have serviced my own vehicles even when I was working. I started doing it because I was poor. Truth is I enjoy it.

My youngest daughter had a quick lube place do it once while she was away at college. That filter was hard to get to and the moron that changed the oil put the filter on with a nuclear powered impact gun. I forbade her to ever let anyone else change her oil until she started buying her own cars.

My oldest daughter changes her own oil. Both of my sons change their own oil. That makes me proud.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s great. I’m going to do the same with Riverhead Ford. Thanks!

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the past I wouldn't go to a dealership, too expensive and too long of a wait, and I won't go to any quick type lube place, so that left me with doing my own or finding the right place to go; sometimes you find that place, others you don't. The last independent shop I went to tried to up sell me on a front brake job that I didn't need.

New to the area, I went in for smog check & I also got a oil change using an ad with a coupon to find the place; it was in the auto center where I bought the car. The tech insisted I needed the front brake pads done that day or risk an additional $100 for the rotors to be turned, I knew he was full of it and said no. I checked and I had 80% left.

Shortly after that, when I went to buy & pick up my Bronco, the dealership offered me a sweet deal on 9 prepaid oil changes & 5 wheel tire rotation with inspections for $295. I was pretty sure, the dealership had a good rep and had a lot of return business in a affluent area, so I bought it. I've been in for 4 services and other than a little longer wait, I've had good experiences; and they have an excellent free coffee bar.

They've also taken care of all of my warranty work with no push back. The dealership offers free pick up and delivery, but not on manuals and I won't let them if they did. They have set me up in a loaner when they needed to keep the truck for warranty work and sent me on my way.

I also know as an old flooring auditor in my previous life that not all dealers are created equal, I helped one go to prison in Montana, but if your lucky to live near and find a good one, it can be a good relationship. The best dealerships have had multiple generations of repeat business for a reason; they treat their clients well and charge them accordingly, more than a "quickey" place, but not too much.

So it depends on each dealership.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When I drove a company truck, we had a fleet account and had to take it to certain shops. Never had one screw up a truck, but I've certainly heard all the horror stories. It would always take 2-3 hours just for a oil change, mostly just because of that fleet account and something about authorization.

Anyway, I don't mind changing my own oil, it isn't terrible since I have the tools and the room, and I get a chance to look over everything down there. But if I could drive in and out in 15 minutes and just be done while I drink a cup of coffee and trust it was being done well, there's appeal in that approach as well.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealership said they don’t do oil changes or rotations at the home with their mobile service. Things like recall stuff and other small services. They will pickup my truck and bring back but I’m going the loaner car route with the dealership.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealership said they don’t do oil changes or rotations at the home with their mobile service. Things like recall stuff and other small services. They will pickup my truck and bring back but I’m going the loaner car route with the dealership.
Bummer....it was so convenient!
I'm seeing lots of these ford mobile service vehicles all around north Georgia.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1 call dealership and ask for mobile oil change
2 drive car to my office
3 wait for mobile oil change van