Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just changed my oil for the first time with the Femco drain plug in place. Last time I installed it but hadn’t drained with it until now. https://www.femco.com/product/ford-oil-plug/

Went great didn’t spill a drop.
Skid plate off looking at Femco
cap.
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0229

Cap off spring valve closed.
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0230

Screw-in the barbed spring compressor. Femco includes the band but you have to source your own length of old garden hose.
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0231

Oil drains fast and drip free
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0232

Draining the hose is the messiest part!
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0235

After the hose is removed only one drop pooled.
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0234

Two 15mm bolts for the skid plate and the Femco cap.
Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0233

Ford Bronco First Oil Change with Femco Drain Plug IMG_0228
Sponsored

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$51.95 and tax and shipping = 62.79. Expensive but I do like the design since I do short interval 3.5-4k mile oil changes. Might only use it if the OEM one looks like it’s going to break.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad it went well. With the hose, just drain it back into a couple 5qt. jugs & it will be an even cleaner job. Then you can let the hose drain into the drain pan over time 🤠

This or something similar feels like a must if you do frequent oil changes. The factory plug tends to blast oil everywhere in my experience.
As much of a mess as that is, it helps to flush junk out of the bottom of the pan.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered one from me. I change all my vehicles at 3k regardless of what the manual says.
Daughter has a 23 Maverick hybrid. We did the oil change at the recommended 7 k and it was filthy and at PIA.

Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can it be operated without taking the skid plate off? Since I have to take it off anyway, I just use the regular plug, but I get the use. I also do every 5K oil changes, oil is still relatively clean at that time, if not the same as it's going in. Later oil changes are much darker and hey, oil is cheap compared to new engines and I use Royal Purple, so it only gets the best anyway.😂

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great product, I have one on my '19 F150. Before it, I had a mini Exxon Valdez event each time I changed the oil in the damned thing with the factory plug. Now I don't spill a drop.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..... Might only use it if the OEM one looks like it’s going to break.
The OEM one is supposed to be replaced every time. Just sayin'

$2.40 each

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Z25LV5J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

This or something similar feels like a must if you do frequent oil changes. The factory plug tends to blast oil everywhere in my experience.
The trick is to keep the plug in the stream to limit flow. Twist the plug out partially, do not fully remove, and regulate flow by how close the plug is to the hole. You can do with without getting a drop of oil on you or the Bronco.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought one. Thanks for the review. 3k oil changes for me. I like being able to drain directly into an empty jug. Stuff the hose into a ziplock for next time and you literally have zero mess.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought one. Thanks for the review. 3k oil changes for me. I like being able to drain directly into an empty jug. Stuff the hose into a ziplock for next time and you literally have zero mess.
Curious what jug you are using? I'm having visions of draining into an empty 5-qt oil container that then overflows. Is there a way with the Femco to stop the flow at some point to switch containers and then resume? Are some of the oil makers now packaging in 6-qt containers now (I pretty much only see the 1 and 5 quarts here)?
Not a snark, serious question.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious what jug you are using? I'm having visions of draining into an empty 5-qt oil container that then overflows. Is there a way with the Femco to stop the flow at some point to switch containers and then resume? Are some of the oil makers now packaging in 6-qt containers now (I pretty much only see the 1 and 5 quarts here)?
Not a snark, serious question.
5 qt. Just pinch the hose and swap containers. I always rotate the two I bought as the next to fill.

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Can it be operated without taking the skid plate off? Since I have to take it off anyway, I just use the regular plug, but I get the use. I also do every 5K oil changes, oil is still relatively clean at that time, if not the same as it's going in. Later oil changes are much darker and hey, oil is cheap compared to new engines and I use Royal Purple, so it only gets the best anyway.😂

Royal Purple is not a very good synthetic oil. Pick an oil above 105,000 psi
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/

Ranked 183. 5W30 Royal Purple API SN synthetic = 84,009 psi
Ranked 9. 5W30 Amsoil Signature Series, synthetic = 134,352 psi
Ranked 38. 5W30 Quaker State, Ultimate Protection Full Synthetic, 20,000 mile or 1 year protection motor oil, API SP, ILSAC GF-6A, GM dexos 1, Gen 3 = 115,905 psi

There are 2 Conventional motor oils that rank better.
Ranked 18. 10W40 Quaker State All Mileage, API SP, conventional = 126,055 psi
Ranked 85. 10W30 Valvoline VR1 Conventional Racing Oil (silver bottle) = 103,505 psi

And just so everyone knows how Motorcraft oils rank.... Horrible.
Ranked 256. 5W30 Motorcraft, API SN synthetic = 68,782 psi

You would do well to just go to WalMart and get the large jugs of either Mobil 1, Quaker State, Valvoline or Pennzoil Platinum. Hard to go wrong with any of these. You gonna drive your Bronco a half million miles? lol It might make it with these?

Last edited:

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Royal Purple is not a very good synthetic oil. Pick an oil above 105,000 psi
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/

Ranked 183. 5W30 Royal Purple API SN synthetic = 84,009 psi
Ranked 9. 5W30 Amsoil Signature Series, synthetic = 134,352 psi
Ranked 38. 5W30 Quaker State, Ultimate Protection Full Synthetic, 20,000 mile or 1 year protection motor oil, API SP, ILSAC GF-6A, GM dexos 1, Gen 3 = 115,905 psi

There are 2 Conventional motor oils that rank better.
Ranked 18. 10W40 Quaker State All Mileage, API SP, conventional = 126,055 psi
Ranked 85. 10W30 Valvoline VR1 Conventional Racing Oil (silver bottle) = 103,505 psi

And just so everyone knows how Motorcraft oils rank.... Horrible.
Ranked 256. 5W30 Motorcraft, API SN synthetic = 68,782 psi

You would do well to just go to WalMart and get the large jugs of either Mobil 1, Quaker State, Valvoline or Pennzoil Platinum. Hard to go wrong with any of these. You gonna drive your Bronco a half million miles? lol It might make it with these?
YIKES man, yeah it appears Royal Purple is terrible and it's expensive. I just figured lots of people use it as a racing oil, but maybe when they've used it, it was never for a turbo motor, is that why the higher psi is required?

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
YIKES man, yeah it appears Royal Purple is terrible and it's expensive. I just figured lots of people use it as a racing oil, but maybe when they've used it, it was never for a turbo motor, is that why the higher psi is required?
Doing research on a few sites has changed the way I look at products.
Sponsored