Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Azure Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am considering being a guinea pig on the new UPR (https://www.uprproducts.com/upr-for...for-mustang-f150-raptor-edge-explorer-bronco/).

The double o-ring is appealing because it will seal better (still cannot believe the Ronin weeps, but it IS pretty sloppy on the fit) and the metal tabs on the other UPR design although secure will ultimately result in wear if removed frequently.

The other benefit is the new model may drain a bit more oil from the pan due to the design allowing oil to flow from the inner diameter versus the outer:

This:

Old UPR.jpg

Versus This:

New UPR.jpg
Agree on this - Keep us posted if you pull the trigger on the new design and how it stacks up against the Ronin. Looking forward to hearing your (hopefully positive) feedback.
Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree on this - Keep us posted if you pull the trigger on the new design and how it stacks up against the Ronin. Looking forward to hearing your (hopefully positive) feedback.
Same here want to see how the new upr works out

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its hard to tell whether the UPR product is better than Ronin initially. Almost all aftermarket gear work fine in the beginning. Unfortunately, time will tell.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The old design of the UPR plug it seems will last a longer and very low maintenance. I could see having to change the spring washer on the new design after so many oil changes. But time will tell.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have no problem with the OEM plug…cost to replace is relatively low and not bad to remove - I.e., no oil shower.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no problem with the OEM plug…cost to replace is relatively low and not bad to remove - I.e., no oil shower.
Same here, following the thread just out of curiosity. I have changed my oil 2 times so far, third coming soon and will still use the factory plug. I have not seen any wear on the O Ring and it seals perfectly so will continue to use it.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought it this morning. Code LastChance23 gave 10% off and there was free shipping. I'll report back when I receive it.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The old design of the UPR plug it seems will last a longer and very low maintenance. I could see having to change the spring washer on the new design after so many oil changes. But time will tell.
Agree; but from my perspective given its new design on the drain hole, I am likely not going to remove it very often. My UOAs thus far are leaning to a 5K OCI so maybe every 5th OC I would pull it just to check the magnet.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had both the Ronin and the Femco on my '19 F150. Either makes for a clean, controlled oil drain.

Anyone who owns or has changed oil on an F150 of this vintage with the 5.0 curses the existence of the engineer who put the front sway bar directly in the path of the drain oil. And with that big yellow plug uncorked, all nine quarts come out right now, resulting in a mini Exxon Valdez disaster....

I had the Ronin on the truck for several oil changes, with no issues; it's very nicely made. But once the Femco came on the market, I switched to it for the simple fact that it has locking ears/tabs like the OEM unit, and it's plastic like the pan so no expansion and contraction fears.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had both the Ronin and the Femco on my '19 F150. Either makes for a clean, controlled oil drain.

Anyone who owns or has changed oil on an F150 of this vintage with the 5.0 curses the existence of the engineer who put the front sway bar directly in the path of the drain oil. And with that big yellow plug uncorked, all nine quarts come out right now, resulting in a mini Exxon Valdez disaster....

I had the Ronin on the truck for several oil changes, with no issues; it's very nicely made. But once the Femco came on the market, I switched to it for the simple fact that it has locking ears/tabs like the OEM unit, and it's plastic like the pan so no expansion and contraction fears.

Is this the one you're talking about?

https://www.femco.com/ford-click-plug/

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's it, although mine came with a green plastic dust cap and the hose barb you screw in to control the oil flow is also green plastic. Apparently those parts are optional now.
There is one on Amazon similar to yours but this one comes with a quick connect instead of a hose barb. It doesn't say how to get the hose connect though. Also the older one on Amazon is a little bit more in price.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I can say is that whoever at Ford decided to use plastic oil pans and drain plugs needs to be kicked in the bag. Everything goes up, except for quality and good ole common sense.
CAFE and cost savings FTW (which means we lose)!

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My UPR plug came in today. Very nice quality. I like the fact that you don't have to store/find the barb fitting like the other design.
Sponsored