First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious what jug you are using? I'm having visions of draining into an empty 5-qt oil container that then overflows. Is there a way with the Femco to stop the flow at some point to switch containers and then resume? Are some of the oil makers now packaging in 6-qt containers now (I pretty much only see the 1 and 5 quarts here)?
Not a snark, serious question.
Drain into a cat litter plastic container. Even the smaller ones hold more than 5 qts. Reuse it over and over.

If you don't have a cat, keep the litter in a plastic bag. It makes great speedy dry in the event you make a mess.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy,

I’ve been looking at all the different drain plugs and found femco. The Ronin looks too complicated for what it is and reports of leaks, UPR I don’t care for the exposed threads and rubber plug. So this leaves Femco. Appears to be well built and the company has been around a long time.

Question how secure is the plug in the plastic pan? Any movement when you wiggle it with your fingers?

Also how easy is it to remove from the pan and clean the magnet?

Thanks

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for this, I couldn't remember the brand. Ordering now w/ an extra drainer.

I had the metal versions on both a previous Frontier and Xterra. It was perfect w/ aftermarket skid plates. Never made a mess and didn't need to remove plates for access. I always kept the drain in the vehicle once cleaned.
Sponsored