Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's right... if you want the manual with the 2.3 on the BL... you get the 4.7 gear ratio. This is what I want... since I will be teaching my 15 year old how to drive a "real car".

If you upgrade to the 2.7 and automatic... your gear ratio goes to 4:48 - which might need to be re-geared for 35s and definitely for 37s.

And... if you want a big engine so that you can drag race hemi-jeeps and teslas - I think you might be barking up the wrong tree - LOL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I’m wrong. But I believe on the bp website you can add the upgraded gearing with the 33”?
I tried and it would only let me do it with the sas package. I know that I could do it earlier.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
I off-road daily in FL so I got a Wildtrak. There are places to off-road in the Ocala National Forest which is about an hour from Tampa.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I talked to a few Jeep owners who said I wouldn’t like mud tires on the highway. But let’s be honest, they’re Jeep owners: you can’t trust them. 🤣
Broncos don't have mud tires, so tell the Jeep owners to get educated. :LOL:

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch will not hold value. In 5 years there will be tons of lifts and the amazing name will lose it's charm.
They won’t be under warranty. The additional cost for what you get is great. I respect mine out with the automatic bigger motor and it’s very minimal to add the Sasquatch to the badlands at that point. The resell value I think will be higher in the first four or five years due to the lack of availability. Then you can add new things. If someone’s gonna build it anyway then he might as well just go with the base.

Sponsored

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered Badlands 4 door no Sasquatch, same wont off road much better fuel economy, save the money , not much difference anyway
Did you go with the smaller engine?

661calibronco

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander, dodge ram
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
still has 4.7 with the manual... same as SAS. 35s in the future most likely.
That's exactly what I'm going to do. 2 Door, BL, Manual, 4.7 gear. Going to go black rims with my aftermarket 35"!

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They won’t be under warranty. The additional cost for what you get is great. I respect mine out with the automatic bigger motor and it’s very minimal to add the Sasquatch to the badlands at that point. The resell value I think will be higher in the first four or five years due to the lack of availability. Then you can add new things. If someone’s gonna build it anyway then he might as well just go with the base.
Ford Bronco Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no? 7ac

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why his is getting play now, but I stuck with my decision. Sasquatch is still badass but my wife and I are short, I’d rather have the all terrain tires, and even though $2500 is not much compared to the price of the truck, I’d rather spend the money on other accessories.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DON'T DO IT !!!!!!

Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
Sorry , I just felt it necessary to post on a thread that is probably 2 months too late for the OP by now. LOL

For everyone else:

I feel 100% confident 33's will fit stock base suspension....95% on 285/75's (33.8") will fit with no or maybe just crash bar mods.

If a lift is required for the tires you want, then factory Squatching it is probably the best bet by far.

My base Base totaled at 32 or 33K , I'll add new wheels and tires for no more than $2500...get to keep my manual 7 spd....still be able to do most or all of the wheeling I've done so far....and daily drive in a cool ass vehicle instead of an Outback( the real winner of a reason there!).
The Squatch on a base Base is a $7300 click...so it is a big savings, like rougly $100 a month for the next 60 or 72 payments.

I can always change in a few years if I want also. By then I'll know exactly what works for me and what does not..... 2 door or 4, manual or auto, 4 or 6cyl, Lux or another Base? Maybe MidManSquatch is available in Big Bend by then?

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DON'T DO IT !!!!!!
We didn’t, we won’t! My wife is now so worried she won’t be able to climb in, she’s already asking about me selling to rock rails and installing steps. 🤣

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have lived with this the past 5 months. I am going with the standard Badlands. The Sasquatch suspension is only 10mm (.4 in) taller and with the mass of the 35's I just did not feel I would be getting the "bang for the buck" with my off road adventures. I am going to replace the 285 70R 17 KO2's with 285 75R 17 KO2's. With this change I get same width tire, 1.1 inch increase in hight, only .5 in increase in sidewall, and a load range E from a C. The MPH increase is low enough I should not need to recalibrate and feel the 4.46 rear-end is plenty to handel them.
I like your plan. I'll probably do the same when my K02s wear out.
Sponsored