Sponsored

Ok, time to pull the trigger: Squatch or no?

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear friends, it’s time I finalize my build. To Sasquatch or no? I’m in Florida and won’t off-road often. My reason to do it would be looks and resale value. The reason not to do it is I won’t use it, cost, and could delay my order. My build is badlands 4 door.

What would you do?
I ordered a 4DR Badlands no Squatch. Badlands is pretty much already Squatched with just a smaller lift and smaller wheels and tires.

OP
OP
GatorDave

GatorDave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And less sufficient gearing if yoi ever want to upgrade to 35s.
Do you think when I sell this thing in 5 years, that will matter?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am in the same dilemma- also in FL. I think that most people would want the Squatch. Just the looks when comparing different models side by side the Squatch with the bigger wheels stands out. When the Broncos are alone to me they all look good- even the base with the smallest tires and wheels. I am most likely going Base with Squatch.

Sponsored

Tripper

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Mustang GT Conv & '13 Ford Edge Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it will necessarily impact resale. You'll either get the buyer who likes it as is or you will get the buyer who doesn't care bc they have their own vision of upgrades.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My thought is if you do not plan on going with 35's (or bigger) in the future then forgo the Sas.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the look of sas BUT, realistically I don't think looks alone will get me to pull the trigger. Plus the cost of replacement tires is going to be pricier than the stock tires which lessens its appeal to me personally.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think in a world of squatches the BL is more refined and has a unique style all its own. Just as capable with slightly less obnoxious flares and wheels.
If I was in badlands territory, I probably wouldn’t squatch because I like the badlands optional wheels better than any others.

but I’m getting a base so I’m getting squatch.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What would you do?
When I was looking at the BL I was going non SAS because you're just about there with the 33's and suspension. Since I'm going Base I'm adding SAS because it just the Base. Personally I think the color could impact the next buyer more than not having it Squatched. If it were black and Squatched I wouldn't buy it opposed to being white and non Squatched but that's me. :)

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would skip it on a Badlands. You already have the important bits and better looking wheels, IMO.

SK29

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

What would you do?
Following .... Badlands 4 Dr non SAS or WT for me .... need to decide

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have lived with this the past 5 months. I am going with the standard Badlands. The Sasquatch suspension is only 10mm (.4 in) taller and with the mass of the 35's I just did not feel I would be getting the "bang for the buck" with my off road adventures. I am going to replace the 285 70R 17 KO2's with 285 75R 17 KO2's. With this change I get same width tire, 1.1 inch increase in hight, only .5 in increase in sidewall, and a load range E from a C. The MPH increase is low enough I should not need to recalibrate and feel the 4.46 rear-end is plenty to handel them.
Sponsored

Last edited: