First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Usually add one of these to all the play toys. Just got around to the bronco. Noco 10 amp single bank with out side power point. The Noco is capable of all batteries and can do 0 volt dead. 10 amp is enough to get a starting charge in 10 minutes or so. So any inverter or generator will work out in the wild

When you park it, just plug it in. Nothing to get out or mess with. Full charge when ever you go back out.

For mine I went with a outside mount point like usual. For a stocker you could mount in the fender liner or in the sas flare it self. The unit iis on the fuse panel with all weather hook/loop

Dv8 liners with the thumb screws scored a win today. Under a minute to release and remove.

View attachment 431209

View attachment 431210

View attachment 431211

View attachment 431212

View attachment 431213

View attachment 431214

View attachment 431215

View attachment 431216

View attachment 431217

View attachment 431218

View attachment 431219
Very interesting. I don't think I could make myself cut the body though šŸ˜¬

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting. I don't think I could make myself cut the body though šŸ˜¬
These fenders are going in the trash when the new ones get here. Not in danger of messing anything up. Just need my layout for final install.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These fenders are going in the trash when the new ones get here. Not in danger of messing anything up. Just need my layout for final install.
I'm sure someone could find a use for them if you list them somewhere.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. Itā€™s a trickle charger also. Just plug a cord in and it works. No box to carry around. Itā€™s always with you. Second plug end has a separate purpose coming in the future.
Appreciate the great post and the amazon link. I have been charging and maintaining the battery with a normal charger/maintainer....not so clean and safe as this install!
I will need to do similar, and run that second plug too...Please post your install as you have time.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m tempted to do something similar for the block heaterā€¦eying the best location for the outlet.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
NICE!!

I think you did this alreadyā€”you got a lot happening near the battery so hard to tell with the photos. But just make sure you are on the other side of the BMS sensor so it knows that you are charging the battery.

I did something similar on an old F-150 and I put it on the wrong side of the BMS and it cause all kinds of weird nonsense.
I'm preparing to add a quick connect for a CTEK battery tender.

When you say "other side of the BMS sensor so it knows that you are charging the battery" you mean one of the four terminals beyond the BMS, correct?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front bumpers are good places for power ports for chargers and block heaters. I did this on my Dodge for the block heater with a nice plug like the author used here.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just canā€™t understand why you think you need this. A typical agm battery is good for at least 2 years
My Bronco seems incredibly sensitive to not being driven, much more than my previous vehicles. Leave it for any longer than a week and it disables remote features and eventually wonā€™t start at all. If OPā€™s Bronco is not a daily driver it makes sense.

Sponsored

melikebroncos

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bad Sas 7MT, 911 C4S, Yukon XL Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which positive terminal post did you connect the charger's positive eyelet to? Does it matter? There seems to be 4 positive terminal posts. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which positive terminal post did you connect the charger's positive eyelet to? Does it matter? There seems to be 4 positive terminal posts. Thanks.
I ended up using the far right of the 4. Itā€™s a m5 thread. 1-3 are m6. Should be able to grab a m5 and m6 nut from the hardware store.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made some headway on this project today. I mounted my battery tender on that ledge behind the air box. Itā€™s just zip tied in place for now. I know they make a compressor bracket for that location - but, itā€™s silly expensive for a piece of metal.

I routed the charger cables to the battery nice and tight and clean. I have the plug itself routed behind the wheel liner and it pops out just behind my passenger fog lights.

Now I just need to figure out where Iā€™m mounting the Noco Plug Port and one day get around to installing my block heater and cord. Luckily itā€™s been a mild winter up here in NY. So, Iā€™ll be sure to get that done before next winter.

I have the modular number - so, Iā€™m currently thinking in the center section of the bumper - either up top or down below the intercooler. Otherwise, I have that dummy plastic box in the middle of the intercooler (since I donā€™t have sensors) - thought it might work mounted there dead center.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got around to this. Noticed there is JUST the right amount of space to mount the Noco Power Plug next to the fairlead on my RC Hidden Winch Skid Plate.

The screws that come with the Noco are trash. So, I got some high quality black oxide torx screws and washers from Grainger. Theyā€™re a bit long - but, they did the trick.

Now I just need to clean up the wiring and install the block heater at one point.

Ford Bronco On board battery maintainer 2F8947C6-1FDC-499E-9778-AAB0C1284541

Ford Bronco On board battery maintainer 199D2BEC-DB86-4953-8A7C-E925BA8D1A57

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tight and tucked! Water/dust proofed with some A Plug Pro gaskets, dielectric grease, heat shrink wrapped and zip tied to the crossmember with the extraneous cord stored behind the wheel liner. Second plug is for the block heater when I finally get around to that install. Super happy with how this turned out.

Now I just need to research smart plugs so that I can remotely turn on or off power to the block heater if I just want to run the maintainer/charger.

Ford Bronco On board battery maintainer IMG_3916

Ford Bronco On board battery maintainer IMG_3915

Ford Bronco On board battery maintainer IMG_3914
Sponsored