Sponsored

Ordering strategy to guarantee you pay MSRP with no ADM - would this work?

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once the reservation is converted the refundable goes away...

Justa heads up on that
?? But thinking the reservation/order locks you in on any pricing has nothing to do with that $100. Getting a contract drawn up based on an order sheet isn’t a bad idea.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?? But thinking the reservation/order locks you in on any pricing has nothing to do with that $100. Getting a contract drawn up based on an order sheet isn’t a bad idea.
Correct

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
You already have a $100 deposit with your chosen dealer, no need for additional deposit.
This is 100% false. You have placed a refundAble deposit to get a reservation to have the option to purchase the vehicle. There’s no agreement to buy or set price yet.
It’s not false. My statement has nothing to do with with pricing or contract. You do have a $100 deposit with the dealer and there is no need for an additional deposit when you sign an agreement on pricing.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't need an additional deposit at most dealers though. I know I don't.
No you don’t but if you want them to draw up a contract and to show you’re serious it couldn’t hurt.

Sponsored

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not false. My statement has nothing to do with with pricing or contract. You do have a $100 deposit with the dealer and there is no need for an additional deposit when you sign an agreement on pricing.
?? Sure. It seemed you were stating that a price was already insinuated with the deposit.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No you don’t but if you want them to draw up a contract and to show you’re serious it couldn’t hurt.
If you want to give the dealer more of your money to hold no problem. But it’s absolutely not necessary to “show your serious”.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a good relationship with my dealer so I don't need to. However, $500 or so as a refundable deposit would be reasonable. I believe a deposit should always be refundable because there are no guarantees when it comes to your specific vehicle. I once had an issue with an ordered vehicle that was not the fault of the dealer or myself. I didn't end up buying it. It would have been garbage if I placed a $500 or $1000 non-refundable deposit.

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife, who is a contract lawyer, has this to say about the contract between purchaser and dealer:

Just kidding. She's too expensive. I can't afford to get her legal opinion on this or anything.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be brutal to dealers here...?

The burden is on us to make it right or the constomer and their dollar walks

Now I realize this is how we believed it to be for eons. FOMOCO has really put the customer in the drivers seat on this one.

Those who play games with this ICON vehicle will be remembered when the next purchase, friends, neighbor or relative go to purchase, a new Ford and they relay how they were treated..

This is the ultimate (because of sheer volume) Yelp, Google review etc..

If dealerships have not read enough pent up desire just to be treated fairly ,it is all the customer is asking for...

Now I am sure they would love to have all dealerships sell at our price but i see most just not wanting to be messed over by the "typical" dealer **** that they fear most when darkening the dealership doors..

End rant..

Back to your regularly scheduled program!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in South Florida and I am looking to lease my Bronco. How would that work if I were to switch my reservation to you?
Well just talked to my lease department head and the out of state logistics with Ford lease contract not feasible...

So unfortunately we will not be doing out of state Ford leases.

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My strategy is different. When the dealer call in December all hyped and thinking to have an easy sale. I will show the the reservation screen on my phone with the msrp price on it. I place order if you do this price otherwise no. Don't be afraid to turn away and leave. Canadian law are starting to put dealership on the radar for some not ok behaviour on sticker price and website price. USA must be the same I think. Believe me msrp cover the cost at the dealer.. they make enough money on the msrp.

But wait if you call in the next 10 minutes you can have more!!

They sure can do a little more for you...

First you need to look like you are a regular customer to them. Do not play the big shot or the know it all ( even if you did your homework and know it all) You just a normal customer !
But do not be a tire kicker also.. if you are serious about buying you should be able to sign a agreement on the spot.

Shipping they will be able to adjust shipping cost on the price of the car or have it reduce in exchange for accessories and option. BTW never finance accessories pay cash for those not worth financing on 7 years a roof rack that cost 700 $ Your end goal is to lower your finance amount .

Financing ... dealers want you to finance with them. They are making money on the financial agreement also. This is an argument on your side since now most bank will finance you directly also. Dealer don't like to get checks on delivery! I can finance with you if you reduce the price to reduce the difference. Rates are not negotiable at the dealer . they are at the bank. Different product will be available and you need to call the bank before to know what you are talking about at the dealer.. If the dealer ask you. what rate you get at the bank you need to know.
The sales representative will tell you it is not him that takes care of the financing, all good but he knows that the dealer makes money on the financing.

Never talk about payment per month before talking about the price of the car. Know before what amount it will end up at what price... and once you are to the point of payment per month tell the rep what is your budget .. if its over (you should already know it is) the rep will work the number to make it within the budget. if its lower than then keep working at it until the rep starts to feel warm and develop as a sweat.

Insurance, New value insurance, life insurance or disability can be purchase stand alone. no need to finance this unless... it give you advantage on the price.

Price for my exchange you can negotiate the price for your exchange more than you usually think, normal behaviour of dealer is to tell you its not worth much to them because they don't sell that model., all dealer know that they send your car directly to the auction anyways they don't want to sell it themselves.

Reverse the pressure at the dealer , never enter a dealership on your knees begging them to please sell you a car. Negotiate everything, after your signed agreement with you representative never ever accept anything else, dealership are a well trained team to make you spend money. you talk to your sale rep and make a signed agreement with him/her then you talk to the financial.. they want to raise the cost, once the final agreement is made and you have your payment per month stick with it until the end. Even if financial tell you there was a mistake or something of that sort. Even if there is a promotion on Care plan or maintenance plan.. you should have negotiated that with you rep prior.

Believe me if you are not more than 1 hour in the sales rep/director office you did not work enough.

Remember you end goal is to reduce the finance amount.

This is an easy sales guys, don't you want to be the dealer with the most sales?

Good luck with the purchase of your Bronco, Hope we all receive it before 2022.

Maybe some of the advice here only good for Canada. Hope you can all have the best price.

ScientistNK

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well just talked to my lease department head and the out of state logistics with Ford lease contract not feasible...

So unfortunately we will not be doing out of state Ford leases.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, greatly appreciate it. Do you know how the x-plan will work on a leased vehicle? Is there any benefit with that?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
However, $500 or so as a refundable deposit would be reasonable. I believe a deposit should always be refundable because there are no guarantees when it comes to your specific vehicle.
Generally I agree, $500 deposit is reasonable, but on Bronco the dealer is actually at least as well off (and probably better off) if you order and don’t end up taking delivery. They would have a Bronco in stock that they had no other way of procuring so they really don’t need anything beyond the $100 (which is going non-refundable when you order unless you reach a different agreement).

Another exception going the other way (non-refundable deposit is reasonable) is when you are ordering something unusual that the dealer wouldn’t want on his lot. That is harder to do nowadays given the limited colors and limited ways to build vehicles from most manufacturers. Easier to do on high end stuff like Porsche with zillions of option combinations (many considered undesirable by dealers) and even such things as paint to sample. Non-refundable is sometimes appropriate on those.
Sponsored