Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Original 1966 Ford Bronco Roadster

If you’re on the hunt for a true blast from the past, this 1966 Bronco Roadster is a genuine time capsule. Restored to its original glory, this vintage beauty retains all the ’60s car tech that makes it an authentic classic. This Bronco sticks to its roots with an inline-six engine, factory-rated at 89 horsepower and 146 lb-ft of torque. The nostalgia doesn’t stop there – shifting gears is a hands-on experience with a three-speed manual transmission, offering a choice between two or four-wheel drive through a two-speed transfer case.

Brought back to life after a meticulous years-long restoration, this Bronco Roadster is a testament to the craftsmanship of the past. With solid front and rear axles suspended by leaf springs, it’s a ride straight out of Dearborn’s original vision. Currently available for sale on Bring a Trailer, this vintage gem is a rare find for enthusiasts who appreciate the authenticity of a classic ride untouched by the modern upgrade craze. Step back in time and hit the road in style with this meticulously preserved 1966 Bronco.

Bronco1.jpg

Bronco2.jpg

Bronco3.jpg

Bronco4.jpg

Bronco5.jpg

Bronco6.jpg

Bronco7.jpg
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had something very close- a 1971 with a retro-fitted soft top. It was not the roadster but same drivetrain. It was my very first vehicle I bought used when I just started college, was 17 years old. I had just learned to drive and also learned 4 wheeling. I explored every dirt road and trail I could find in remote western Massachusetts. It was something else to drive with less than 100 HP and 3 on the tree. A little slow on the road but very capable off road. I only got stuck on the steepest hill climbs. Mine was stock like this one, no lift. Super easy to work on, LOL, not like the Broncos of today. Smashed fender, no problem, trip to the local wrecking yard for anew fender and bumper, bolt on in 30 minutes. Tune up with new spark plugs, points, etc. in 30 minutes. I loved it so much my second vehicle was another Bronco- a 1970. This one I got with a modified 302 V8, still with 3 on the tree though, 3 inch lift and 32" tires. With headers, duals and Edelbrock manifold that thing moved. Never got stuck and went in some pretty remote places.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
NICE! Had a red ‘68 bought out of junk yard with engine fire in mid ‘70s…ended up with 400 v8, c6…it was a beast!

Sponsored

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish I could understand the psychology behind why I think these look so good. They are plain, simple with very low tech and were most likely designed by someone who knew very little about aero dynamics and art. Yet, they are beautiful.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am wondering if someone in china will remake these so we can have old ones like this again!

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

U13 in all of it's original coolness!!!

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man everytime I see these things I kick myself for having sold my nearly fully restored OG in 1990 for $2500
Ford Bronco Original 1966 Ford Bronco IMG_9458

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish I could understand the psychology behind why I think these look so good. They are plain, simple with very low tech and were most likely designed by someone who knew very little about aero dynamics and art. Yet, they are beautiful.
You forgot to add all the parts and pieces from Falcons, Mustangs, and F-100s that were used to mfg the Bronco…..an ingenious puzzle IMO.

PJackTAC

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4wd, 2000 Ford F250 pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ex and I had the 68 hardtop in candy apple red. It had two gas tanks. I loved that car. Our son will be receiving it from his dad very soon. He can’t wait.
Sponsored