Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is Katzkins good quality? I have heard the name before but never really looked into it.
A couple months ago when i was interested in a wrangler, there was a model in the showroom that Katzkinz did, looked really good. Felt good too. Katzkinz makes a quality product, the trick is to find a good installer. Otherwise you'll get an end product with wrinkles and creases.

If i'm not mistaken Katzkins offers a water resistant material for wrangler. I'm hoping they do the same for the Bronco.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A couple months ago when i was interested in a wrangler, there was a model in the showroom that Katzkinz did, looked really good. Felt good too. Katzkinz makes a quality product, the trick is to find a good installer. Otherwise you'll get an end product with wrinkles and creases.

If i'm not mistaken Katzkins offers a water resistant material for wrangler. I'm hoping they do the same for the Bronco.
That is good to know, I will have to do a little research now.

Thanks!

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved a 4 door Outer banks. Im loving that cactus gray, and hoping to do a white roll bar (not sure if itll be an option in OB)......The one in the video is killer. Also hoping the modular hardtop isn't to awful high in price.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Katskinz makes good stuff. I've had it.

Another option is Roadwire. I have theirs in my truck now. Added heat and leather to it. They're over 7 years old right now and look new. Fantastic quality.

Sponsored

CaptMatt15

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman, 1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4 Door OBX
Race Red or Velocity Blue (if that shows up)
2.7L V6
Hard Top
I'm being honest with myself - Im going to want the nice interior/quality of life options over the Badlands level Off-Road items. I'm not going off pavement that often and the OBX level of gear plus the rear locker is all I'm really after. I can get some steel bumper take-offs from someone going more serious in their Bronco. Probably will look at getting some Method wheels too, maybe even go back down to 17" ones on 32s or 33s.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4 Door OBX
2.7L V6
Hard Top
I'm being honest with myself - Im going to want the nice interior/quality of life options over the Badlands level Off-Road items. I'm not going off pavement that often and the OBX level of gear plus the rear locker is all I'm really after. I can get some steel bumper take-offs from someone going more serious in their Bronco. Probably will look at getting some Method wheels too, maybe even go back down to 17" ones on 32s or 33s.
One thing I like is how modular the Bronco seems to be. There will likely be a huge aftermarket for bumpers, armor, bash plates, etc. But you can never realistically swap the head unit. So if long term comfort is a priority, it probably makes to start on the mall crawler trim and build up from that.

I'm in for 1 Outer Banks, but the cost of the 2.7 ecoboost might make or break it.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just reserved the 2D Outer Banks, in antimatter blue. I'm definitely planning on the 2.7, but I'm still up in the air between the mid vs high package. Most likely will end up with mid.

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4 Door OBX
2.7L V6
Hard Top
Knew you had to be a fellow Carolinian when you said OBX instead Outer Banks. Cant wait to take mine to its namesake!

Who did you reserve with? Capitol Ford?

CaptMatt15

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman, 1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Knew you had to be a fellow Carolinian when you said OBX instead Outer Banks. Cant wait to take mine to its namesake!

Who did you reserve with? Capitol Ford?
I did reserve with Capital in Raleigh. My Dad has purchased his last 2 trucks there, a 2001 F150 SuperCrew (He ordered ASAP once it was announced) and a 2011 F250 6.7L (also bought very early in the run) that is still running strong after some mods to this day.

My wife told me a good story tonight - her Dad had a Bronco II for a while and they took it to the Outer Banks and drove on the beach as a family! If I follow all the way through we're definitely taking it to the coast.

Sponsored

Bronco Dad

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I reserved the 4DR OBX, it was between this and Badlands (I wanted the Vinyl seats, but didn't need the added suspension). I didn't get to choose when reserving, but I'd do Cyber Orange or Velocity Blue
For Options:
Hard Top (Black)
High Package (want the 12" screen)
Leather Seats
2.7 Engine (maybe, I've heard it is more reliable than the 2.3)
Towing (maybe/probably)

If I did the Badlands I'd option it with:
Hard Top (Black)
High Package (includes Mid)
2.7 Engine (maybe for above reason)
Towing (maybe/probably)

I also have a Mach E GT Reserved. We need a new car in 2021 to replace a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. So I have until December to make some hard choices.

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did reserve with Capital in Raleigh. My Dad has purchased his last 2 trucks there, a 2001 F150 SuperCrew (He ordered ASAP once it was announced) and a 2011 F250 6.7L (also bought very early in the run) that is still running strong after some mods to this day.

My wife told me a good story tonight - her Dad had a Bronco II for a while and they took it to the Outer Banks and drove on the beach as a family! If I follow all the way through we're definitely taking it to the coast.
That's pretty cool. Have you been in touch with Capitol? Are they charging any mark-up?

Iviozartsghost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP; 1997 Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who else is on the list for an outer banks?

The wife and I put in for an oxford white 4 door. We plan on getting the 2.7 and the high package. Im a sucker for that huge 12 inch screen.
Reserved an OBX today. Likely going with the 4-door with the 2.7L. Hard top for sure.

Im liking the Cactus Grey or Area-51 colors, but also like the iconic silver.

Not sure what the price difference will be between the high and Lux packages, but would prefer Lux if it’s not unreasonably more. Also want to consider the Sasquatch package, but may just go with bigger tires at some point in the future.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just reserved the 2D Outer Banks, in antimatter blue. I'm definitely planning on the 2.7, but I'm still up in the air between the mid vs high package. Most likely will end up with mid.
What does the 2.7 do for you over the standard 2.3 engine? Just curious.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Reserved a 4 door Outer Banks, going with the Sasquatch package along with 2.7. Really want the high package for the screen upgrade and heated seats, but will have to balance that against the modular hardtop cost. Also probably the HD front bumper. Stuff is going to add up quick on the options. I am down to 3 colors haven't decided waiting on some more pics in different colors
Sponsored