Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a 2 dr OBX! I had a 1969 when I was living in LA. I have kicked myself in the ass ever since selling it when I moved back east. I've been looking at older ones for years but didn't want a project and ones that were nice enough for me were just too much! I'm ok to pay those prices for A/C and power steering! lol I'm leaning toward Area 51, Cactus Grey or Iconic Silver. Probably opting for the High package.

Anxious to hear the responses on Capital Ford. My co-worker reserved one there but I chose to go through Crossroads Wake Forest. I have an email out to the guy to see if they have any idea of how they will handle pricing......
Sponsored

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting that so many of you have chosen Oxford White. This will be my wife's daily driver, replacing her black AMG C63, and she and I both liked white the best when we used the colorizer on ford.com. I guess there will be lots of white OBXs on the road. It will match its stable mate in the garage if I apply blue vinyl stripes to it:). We also love the look of the two-tone saddle tan with black leather interior. Definitely want the hard top, don't care about the 12 inch screen or the the high output motor. I've already got plenty of horsepower in the garage. I also think I like the look of the front grill and tires on the Badlands better, but after all, it's really going to be little more than a grocery-getter with monthly 300-mile roundtrips on the interstate to see our grandkids.

CaptMatt15

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman, 1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's pretty cool. Have you been in touch with Capitol? Are they charging any mark-up?
Only some email contact from Capital so far - A general "welcome and thanks for reserving" type thing.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i started another thread in the pricing section in regards to the outer banks build

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-luxury-features-offered-in-other-suvs.1892/

Unfortunately, the OBX trim doesnt get you much by way of luxury/creature comforts. The trim only unlocks the high and lux packages. And if you're getting into this trim for a family SUV build, chances are at a minimum you'll need to pay for $42.5k (4 dr) PLUS leather seats PLUS modular hard top, PLUS high package (sound deadening/12" screen), PLUS $1.5k destination...then taxes/fees/potential dealer mark up.

You're looking at a big number.

Most will fall into Option A/B/C

A - High package + leather + modular hard top. Probably around $50k. Plus destination, tax, and fees, and you'd be hard pressed to be below $55k OTD...or higher if there is a dealer mark up.

B - Tack on lux package to get adaptive cruise and upgraded stereo, and your in the low $50ks (high $50s OTD)

C - Lux package plus 2.7L...you may break $60k OTD.

Guess we'll know more when the build-your-own feature is released...and we get a better idea of dealer mark ups in 6 months.

dmo1028

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved a 2 dr OBX! I had a 1969 when I was living in LA. I have kicked myself in the ass ever since selling it when I moved back east. I've been looking at older ones for years but didn't want a project and ones that were nice enough for me were just too much! I'm ok to pay those prices for A/C and power steering! lol I'm leaning toward Area 51, Cactus Grey or Iconic Silver. Probably opting for the High package.

Anxious to hear the responses on Capital Ford. My co-worker reserved one there but I chose to go through Crossroads Wake Forest. I have an email out to the guy to see if they have any idea of how they will handle pricing......
I'm going through Crossroads Wake Forest too. I also sent an email to inquire about pricing but haven't heard anything. I reserved a Black Diamond 2DR, but OBX is another option I'm keeping in mind. If you find something out, let me know and I'll do the same.

Sponsored

Masterwaterskier

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor, '79 Bronco, '23 2Dr BD Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am looking at a 2Dr OBX... I think I am leaning toward antimatter blue with a black top.. which is ironically what was shown in the reservation email... excellent.

Looking at the differences in the packages.. the OBX with the addition of the auto transmission and Mid Package seemed to easily correlate with the price increase from the Back Diamond. And give you access to other higher packages.

As others stated.. I am worried that once I add the 2.7L, leather seats, locking diff, High or Lux package that it approaches a First Edition price.

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is located in the city of Tucson. Total sales taxes including state, county and city is 8.7%. Gotta figure sales taxes will add $4,000+. Then there will be documentation fees. Assuming no ADM, many of these vehicles (and all of the First Editions) could cost as much out the door as a Shelby GT350. Makes it a pretty expensive grocery-getter.

takethecannoli

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really wanted the rubber flooring + vinyl seats in the Badlands, but I honestly don’t need that serious off-road package.

So Outer Banks it is, I reserved a 2 door and 4 door. Style wise I like the 2 door more but I need to see what storage options there will be. No kids but I am planning on getting a dog, so if I can remove one of the seats that would be a fair compromise. I also need to see the soft-top in action before I make up my mind on the 4 door.

Ideally I would go with the lux + Sasquatch. White roll cage and either Area 51 or Cactus Grey.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer is located in the city of Tucson. Total sales taxes including state, county and city is 8.7%. Gotta figure sales taxes will add $4,000+. Then there will be documentation fees. Assuming no ADM, many of these vehicles (and all of the First Editions) could cost as much out the door as a Shelby GT350. Makes it a pretty expensive grocery-getter.
Yup. I almost forgot the Defender 110 existed since I wrote it off from my budget. But after going down the rabbit hole on building the Bronco OBX, it sounds like im chasing the price of a well equipped Defender.

I just priced out a 110 (S model) + climate control package + convenience package (meridian system, refrigerated center console, ambient lighting). S model has leather, 12 way seats, virtual gauges, etc.

...and what do you know...it's $55k.

Slightly more interior content than the Bronco at a similar price. Sans the removable top, but more of a unique vehicle. Also has 3"+ more rear leg room and is likely more family friendly.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup. I almost forgot the Defender 110 existed since I wrote it off from my budget. But after going down the rabbit hole on building the Bronco OBX, it sounds like im chasing the price of a well equipped Defender.

I just priced out a 110 (S model) + climate control package + convenience package (meridian system, refrigerated center console, ambient lighting). S model has leather, 12 way seats, virtual gauges, etc.

...and what do you know...it's $55k.

Slightly more interior content than the Bronco at a similar price. Sans the removable top, but more of a unique vehicle. Also has 3"+ more rear leg room and is likely more family friendly.
That's a tough call there. Those new Defenders are niiiiice.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im surprised more are not ordering the OBX after seeing the forum age poll.

SLOWBRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra's, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved an OBX 4dr via Crossroads in Apex. Debated between this model and the Wildtrak. May eventually switch depending on how much the 2.7 increases the price or if I don’t like the soft top in person. Cloth seats are a must for me, but that too will depend on sitting in all of them to see what is more comfortable.

I haven’t decided on the tech stuff, but the 12” screen and the 360 camera is high on my list.

Color wise I’m digging the grays and blues...

JH6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Outer banks would probably be my ideal trim, as it's the first one you can option leather seats in. I personally don't care for cloth seats. I do appreciate the body color trim pieces as well.

But it will probably be out of my price range
Leather, body color trim, and 12th screen are my wants as well.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved a 2 door and I'll pick oxford white also. Looking at the rear locker and I also seen a 4.27 final drive ratio that I'm trying figure out how to get those options.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My initial reaction was Outer Banks for the simple reason that is the first trim that unlocks the High/Lux packages.

I really want the 12" Screen and the 360 Camera in the High, and the Premium Audio and Adaptive Cruise in the Lux.

Problem is, OB + Lux = $$$$ and then of course start adding in the 2.7 and the Sasquatch and I probably will have to toss in the towel and go by a used Rubicon at half the price :)
Sponsored