First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked the Outer Banks because it was blue on the reserve site. That was the extent of my exhaustive research. Lol

Now, the site said I could change, so I wasn't worried. Then people freaked out you couldn't change, but I wasn't worried because I was good with the OBX as a starting point.

Now we can change, so back to the start we go! I'm not sure any of us can be confident of anything, until we are placing an order and doing the math.

Good luck to us all!
Sponsored

Aussieshed

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4-door OB ATM. Tending Cactus Grey with white roof (if an option) & high package. I'm sure that will change a million times between now and ordering.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved a two door Outer Banks with Oracle Ford, north of Tucson (@fpGT350) to hopefully save on some city sales tax.

I'm praying I can stay at or below $50K, but I want the body colored hard top, Sasquatch Package, the High Package and the 2.7 V6... I'm guessing that's going to crest my limit by a long shot.

I really want a dark green color, but no such luck this year anyway. So may go with Cactus, Area 51 or Antimatter. Never been a fan of solid, non-metallic colors, but Cactus grey is tempting me!

Like some of you, I am also wondering if the painted fender flares are lost when you add the Sasquatch package. I've posed the question to a YouTuber who is going to ask Ford on our behalf. I will report back here in this thread once we have an answer.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A couple months ago when i was interested in a wrangler, there was a model in the showroom that Katzkinz did, looked really good. Felt good too. Katzkinz makes a quality product, the trick is to find a good installer. Otherwise you'll get an end product with wrinkles and creases.

If i'm not mistaken Katzkins offers a water resistant material for wrangler. I'm hoping they do the same for the Bronco.
There is another company called Alea that I have heard are really good quality leather seat covers. And they cost less than Katzkins.

Smv0822

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in for a 4 door outerbanks as well.

Likely going with the Lux package, haven't made up my mind about the 2.3 or 2.7. Got plenty of time to decide I guess.

I would like to see a dark forrest green come out.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on the website hack it looks like the OBX has a deep blue interior with brown seat insets and silver dash. Not sure if we are locked into that even if we step up to leather.

but in preparation of that being true, I googled what exterior colors go well with a blue interior. The outcome was white/silver/various shades of blue. Not a fan of what of silver or OJ white, which means antimatter or Area 51. Victory blue sounds like it’s not happening until 2022.

Love Area 51 but could see myself having some reservations with a trendy muted candy color (similar to cactus gray). Anyway, just spitballing.

maybe carbonized gray? If it doesn’t read too army green.

KGBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reserved a 2 door Antimatter Blue OBX. Any chance that the BO Sound System and 12 inch screen are stand alone options? Would love to keep the mid package, add the screen, sound system and leather.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question for the group... so it appears to me that "Big Bend" and "Outer Banks" are basically siblings, and Black Diamond and Badlands are the paired cousins.

Focusing on Big Bend vs Outer Banks, using that almost worthless PDF file from Ford, it would appear to me that there is no difference between: Big Bend + Mid Package + 2.7 + 10 speed auto + Sasquatch vs Outer Banks + 2.7 + 10 speed auto + Sasquatch.

I could not find a single difference between those two configurations. The Only item was that Outer Banks unlocks the High and Lux Package. Otherwise, they were identical.

Am I missing something?
The OB comes stock with the 10 sp auto.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a 4 door OB. Will probably end up with cyber orange.

Planned upgrades so far:
High package (gotta get that screen)
Aux switches (just in case)
Modular Hard Top
2.7 (maybe, need to do a lot of research here)

Like others have said, I wound up at OB because it's the cheapest trim with access to the high package which is pretty much mandatory for me. I'd prefer the vinyl seats and rubber floors, but I'd have to trim up for that to get the high package. I'm sort of stuck in a weird spot as far as what I want.

That lux package looks like it's going to be a pretty big hit to the wallet, i'm thinking well over 2k, maybe as much as 5k. Hoping the premium sound system can be had as a stand-alone option.

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We had an LR4 and an Explorer at the same time. The Land Rover was 4X as much in maintenance and repairs. I love the Defender too, but with the high cost of dealing with keeping it on the road, I’m putting the Bronco above it.
7ED0958C-9608-4E3C-89AF-08BA0B7B2AEB.jpeg

Sponsored

Aussieshed

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is another company called Alea that I have heard are really good quality leather seat covers. And they cost less than Katzkins.
Also heard Clazzio.com is good

Edit: Contacted Clazzio and at this time they don't know if they'll provide options for the Bronco as due to the virus, they're unable to get their designers out from Japan. Not much of a problem ATM since the car hasn't been released.

Last edited:

Rocketman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4, 1994 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved the 4 door OBX for the wife’s daily driver. We really want the Velocity Blue, but if it’s not available we’ll go with the Rapid Red with the black modular hardtop.

Options: 2.7V6
High Package
Leather Seating

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reserved the 4 door OBX for the wife’s daily driver. We really want the Velocity Blue, but if it’s not available we’ll go with the Rapid Red with the black modular hardtop.

Options: 2.7V6
High Package
Leather Seating
I thought I read that velocity blue was added but will be delayed for release...but not like the next year. So if you can wait...you may get your wish.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought I read that velocity blue was added but will be delayed for release...but not like the next year. So if you can wait...you may get your wish.
Perfect excuse to wait for Job2.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the 4 door OBX, but I may switch to the wildtrak when I place my order. I am going to want the 2.7, hardtop and Sasquatch, which might just put me at the wild track price anyway.....Only other option I want is the high package (12" screen). TBD once package/accessory pricing comes out.

I was hoping I wouldnt have to have the sasquatch package, but that pic/video yesterday with the 3 broncos in the parking lot really sold me on the squatch package; the 35's really give it a nice stance/presence that the (what looked like stock OBX) 18" wheels/tires don't have.
Sponsored