Sponsored

Pricing $50k+? Outer Banks - A breakdown of what would it take to get most of the nice/luxury features offered in other SUVs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys,

I put in a reservation for a 4 dr Outer Banks. As some of you may be in the same boat, I am trying to estimate a build for more a "family SUV" / road trips / weekend cruiser, rather than off-roader. I heard the build your own function wont be up for another month, so let's speculate....If one were to be looking for most of the niceties (those that are included in my $40k subaru outback limited), are we looking at breaking $50k? Let's take a look...

At the moment, I would like to get: 12" screen, leather seating, modular hard-top, auto, B&O stereo, remote start, and adaptive cruise. Any other safety tech or luxury features, to me, are excessive, and not needed (wireless charging, steering assist, navi - given you have apple car play, etc)

The Outer Banks definitely sets itself apart as being the trim to start with.
Base 4 dr: $42,450 - includes 18" wheels, LED front/back, body color cladding, heated front row, auto tranny, mid-package

To get the 12" screen, and sound deadening (which is an immediate check the box for this type of setup) you need to step up to the high-package
To get leather seats, it is unclear if that is a standalone option, or part of the lux package. And regardless, to get adaptive cruise, and the B&O sound system (which may or may not be standalone) that gets you into the lux.

Plus modular hard top.

So the way I see it, based on packaging, it will likely end up being either:

A - $42.5k + high package $2k? + leather option (standalone) $2k? + B&O (standalone) $1k? + modular hard top $2k?...likely forgoing adaptive cruise (and other driving tech offered in the lux pacakge). That's $49.5k before destination and potential dealer mark-up

...or B -$42.5k + lux package+ potentially leather option if it's standalone, + modular hard top ..same as above, but splurging on suite of safety tech in order to get adaptive cruise. Probably another $1.5k above option A, so $51k before destination and potential dealer mark-up

Conversely, if I built a Wrangler Sahara with similar options, it shows a Jeep net price of $47,xxx (likely $50-$51k? sticker). Doesnt seem too out of whack?

To put things in perspective, a First Edition has EVERYTHING for $63k. Let's assume $3k of that is to get your foot in the door for the first order, and the car is $60k based on the equipment. If a loaded Outerbanks with lux package is ~$51k (assuming the above), that probably sounds right that the First Edition is $9k more given it has the 2.7L engine (likely a $3.5k premium) plus every off-roading upgrade (at least $5k), plus some custom bits. I guess that sounds about right.

What are thoughts? Is there another trim level that could get you these options for lesser dollars? Do you have any inside info/clarity, in respect to Outer Banks, on whether 1. leather is included in one of the those packages; 2. B&O stereo being standalone? As for adaptive cruise, I presume that like most cars that will not be a standalone option and baked into the lux package with other driving assist tech.

...and let me caveat all of this by saying if a rear facing seat is too tight of a fit (as it sometimes is in wrangler) it could be game over. It looks like I am already losing 3" of rear leg room compared to the outback.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: WIZ

WIZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey guys,

I put in a reservation for a 4 dr Outer Banks. As some of you may be in the same boat, I am trying to estimate a build for more a "family SUV" / road trips / weekend cruiser, rather than off-roader. I heard the build your own function wont be up for another month, so let's speculate....If one were to be looking for most of the niceties (those that are included in my $40k subaru outback limited), are we looking at breaking $50k? Let's take a look...

At the moment, I would like to get: 12" screen, leather seating, modular hard-top, auto, B&O stereo, remote start, and adaptive cruise. Any other safety tech or luxury features, to me, are excessive, and not needed (wireless charging, steering assist, navi - given you have apple car play, etc)

The Outer Banks definitely sets itself apart as being the trim to start with.
Base 4 dr: $42,450 - includes 18" wheels, LED front/back, body color cladding, heated front row, auto tranny, mid-package

To get the 12" screen, and sound deadening (which is an immediate check the box for this type of setup) you need to step up to the high-package
To get leather seats, it is unclear if that is a standalone option, or part of the lux package. And regardless, to get adaptive cruise, and the B&O sound system (which may or may not be standalone) that gets you into the lux.

Plus modular hard top.

So the way I see it, based on packaging, it will likely end up being either:

A - $42.5k + high package $2k? + leather option (standalone) $2k? + B&O (standalone) $1k? + modular hard top $2k?...likely forgoing adaptive cruise (and other driving tech offered in the lux pacakge). That's $49.5k before destination and potential dealer mark-up

...or B -$42.5k + lux package+ potentially leather option if it's standalone, + modular hard top ..same as above, but splurging on suite of safety tech in order to get adaptive cruise. Probably another $1.5k above option A, so $51k before destination and potential dealer mark-up

Conversely, if I built a Wrangler Sahara with similar options, it shows a Jeep net price of $47,xxx (likely $50-$51k? sticker). Doesnt seem too out of whack?

To put things in perspective, a First Edition has EVERYTHING for $63k. Let's assume $3k of that is to get your foot in the door for the first order, and the car is $60k based on the equipment. If a loaded Outerbanks with lux package is ~$51k (assuming the above), that probably sounds right that the First Edition is $9k more given it has the 2.7L engine (likely a $3.5k premium) plus every off-roading upgrade (at least $5k), plus some custom bits. I guess that sounds about right.

What are thoughts? Is there another trim level that could get you these options for lesser dollars? Do you have any inside info/clarity, in respect to Outer Banks, on whether 1. leather is included in one of the those packages; 2. B&O stereo being standalone? As for adaptive cruise, I presume that like most cars that will not be a standalone option and baked into the lux package with other driving assist tech.

...and let me caveat all of this by saying if a rear facing seat is too tight of a fit (as it sometimes is in wrangler) it could be game over. It looks like I am already losing 3" of rear leg room compared to the outback.

Thanks!
I, too, reserved a 4DR Outer Banks for some of the same reasons as you. I wanted a family vehicle that could accommodate road trips as well as a weekend cruiser. I do not intend to take off-roading as much as others in here, but would like to have the capability to do so.

I do not see myself jumping up to the 2.7L or the hard top. One main reason I explored the OB is that it was the lowest priced model to offer leather. The 12" screen seems to be a nice plus, but don't see myself adding unless pricing upgrade is within reason.

My budget is around $45k. With delivery fees, taxes, etc, I priced it out to look right around that $45k range for just the stock options + leather (give or take).

MY DILEMMA: Should I explore a cheaper model and forget about the leather option and have the option to get "more" potential add-ons knowing my budget? Or, knowing my budget, the Outer Banks + leather is a no-brainer?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning to do the same thing with a Non-sasquatch Badlands Edition. I'm hoping leather and hardtop is all I'll have to get.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also wondering about this and have the same use case. It's looking like the combination of options to get the nice infotainment and seats (I also want the 2.7L) will put this at or above $50k which is really pushing it.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same situation here. Outer banks is ideal trim for me bc I want leather seats but it would probably be pushing my budget and limit me on other options.

Big bend + mid package gets me pretty much everything I want interior wise except the seats. If I can live with cloth I could splurge on other stuff like modular hardtop or the 2.7

Sponsored

WIZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same situation here. Outer banks is ideal trim for me bc I want leather seats but it would probably be pushing my budget and limit me on other options.

Big bend + mid package gets me pretty much everything I want interior wise except the seats. If I can live with cloth I could splurge on other stuff like modular hardtop or the 2.7
I just switched to Big Bend from Outer Banks. I kept my Outer Banks reservation and just placed a separate reservation for Big Bend at a different dealer. I've seen you can edit your existing reservation once the order banks open up, but I didn't want to lose my place in line considering my second reservation number is 50,000 behind the first one. If I can switch my Outer Banks reservation to Big Bend, then I'll obviously cancel my Big Bend reservation.

Kaldur_Ahm

Big Bend
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One thing i seem to have noticed is its one of the only trims to come standard with an auto tranny. Im guessing this will be a 2k upgrade on other trims.

Reactions: kf9

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am too liking the outerbanks, standard auto and mid package with everything I need, will be near $45K OTD in CA where I live, I want it for daily drive, b&o is a nice to have but not sure about the cost.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I, too, reserved a 4DR Outer Banks for some of the same reasons as you. I wanted a family vehicle that could accommodate road trips as well as a weekend cruiser. I do not intend to take off-roading as much as others in here, but would like to have the capability to do so.

I do not see myself jumping up to the 2.7L or the hard top. One main reason I explored the OB is that it was the lowest priced model to offer leather. The 12" screen seems to be a nice plus, but don't see myself adding unless pricing upgrade is within reason.

My budget is around $45k. With delivery fees, taxes, etc, I priced it out to look right around that $45k range for just the stock options + leather (give or take).

MY DILEMMA: Should I explore a cheaper model and forget about the leather option and have the option to get "more" potential add-ons knowing my budget? Or, knowing my budget, the Outer Banks + leather is a no-brainer?
To me - if you’re in the same camp, and using this as a family hauler all around car, not an off-roader, do you really want to spend 40k+ for a car with cloth seats? If it were any other mid sized non-luxury SUV, the answer would very likely be no....although it’s a bronco, and certain exceptions could be made depending on where you fall on the spectrum of “bronco - got to have it”.

Depending on budget, if it came down to cloth plus high package, or leather and no high package, IMO, I’d pick leather.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's guessing of course, but a 4 door Outer Banks "as-is" is going to be 45k. The MRSP is 41,450. Then you roughly add 10% for all the "out the door bs" and you are at 45,595.

That come's with the Mid-Package and the Auto, but the moment you had a Hard Top, or the High Package+, or the Sasquatch, you are pretty much going to be 50K+.

I also reserved the 4 door and at a Min I want Sasquatch because of the Lift and better Front Diff (with locker). And I just can't imaging not having a Hard top, and I really, really want the 2.7 for it's better engineering (unless the MPG really sucks compared to the 2.3)

So realistically, I'm probably a pipe-dream and no way in hell can afford it. Chances are, I'll end up with a lower trim and see what i can swing. If I can't afford Sasquatch and Mid package, I'll give Ford the finger and buy a Wrangler.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. I know exactly what i want at the moment

4 dr OBX, area 51, 2.3L
+Hard top
+Leather
+High package
+B&O standalone
(foregoing lux)

+Destination, tax, fees

If i could sneak by at $55k OTD i would be very happy. But that's got to be BEST case scenario because im may be underestimating cost of hard top, and various other ~$500 options that get tacked on. And of course, potential dealer mark up.

Although really trying to get to $500/mo, no trade in. Meaning thats a lot of cash down for a Year 1 Model which has me a bit spooked. Seeing 1.9% APR for 72 mo term, which means $21k down if I run through the calculator.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big Bend reserved but im switching to Badlands 4dr

Wants:
2.7 /auto
Hardtop
Black wheels

i think that gets me to $50k Without a doubt. If i add the mid package im better off getting a Wildtrak.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It surprises me that only the "lux package" has a universal garage door opener...something that is so basic, and offered in so many cars today, but still not at 45k in the OBX High package?!

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks