Sponsored

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone successfully ordered and received the bestop softop?
Sponsored

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been discussed numerous times on this site that there is a safety regulation in place where Ford is required to build so many 2 doors with hard tops before they are able to have a factory soft top option. So none of this is possible until they reach that build number.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You should add “yes, if I got the hardtop connections, a price discount like the difference between soft and MIC for the four door, and have the option to buy a MIC or Mod at the dual top price later”.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After test driving a softie, I considered it. But the reality is that if I settle and get it my 2DR with soft top I’d never get the hard top. Not a compromise I’m willing to make.
But doesn't that tell you something?

If I understand your point, if getting the soft-top makes the hard top obsolete, why get both?

For me, I'd gladly take the Bestop and move on. If, however, Ford said "pay for the Bestop and we will ship a hard top to the dealer when they are ready, I'd be okay with that, too.

I think camping will be easier with the Bestop - rather than putting the hard top somewhere on trips. Plus living in Florida, I want to be able to decide on the fly whether to go convertible or not due to our weird weather.

Fingers crossed some options become available because I am ready to start wheeling about.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would be nice if ford would give us 2 door guys some info a month ago premiere drummer said all is 2 door people would be getting emails from ford but have t heard anything since from him about it. I think all us 2 door guys with early res that did not get a build date and vin are getting pushed to 22 which is fine bye me makes no sense to get a 21 this late in the game with 22 production starting in December .

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But doesn't that tell you something?

If I understand your point, if getting the soft-top makes the hard top obsolete, why get both?

For me, I'd gladly take the Bestop and move on. If, however, Ford said "pay for the Bestop and we will ship a hard top to the dealer when they are ready, I'd be okay with that, too.

I think camping will be easier with the Bestop - rather than putting the hard top somewhere on trips. Plus living in Florida, I want to be able to decide on the fly whether to go convertible or not on the fly due to our weird weather.

Fingers crossed some options become available because I am ready to start wheeling about.
I would never get the harp top not because soft top is a viable option, just I’d never get around to spending $2K for the top.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not if I'd be looking at an extra $3000+ later for a hardtop. The 2-door with soft top price would need to be reduced, to cover part of the later hardtop cost.

Sponsored

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want my truck. Sure, I'ld take a temporary stand in if it would get my Bronco delivered faster... Like this year faster.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2 door soft top at Super Celebration was a Bestop.
Yeah that’s technically an accessory though, you can’t spec the bestop as your roof. You have to buy the mic top and the bestop

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford left the hard top cost baked into the vehicle MSRP and offered a later date top for the price of shipping I would absolutely add the $2,300 to get the Bronco built and send them the $500 whatever later for the top.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s been discussed numerous times on this site that there is a safety regulation in place where Ford is required to build so many 2 doors with hard tops before they are able to have a factory soft top option. So none of this is possible until they reach that build number.
What? Where? I’ve been here twice as long as you and I’ve never seen anyone say this.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that’s technically an accessory though, you can’t spec the bestop as your roof. You have to buy the mic top and the bestop
I never claimed any different, just that the 2 door soft top was a Bestop. I've been trying to buy one since April.
Sponsored