Sponsored

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? Where? I’ve been here twice as long as you and I’ve never seen anyone say this.
I’m having a hard time finding the video where it was brought up. It would’ve been late 2020/early 2021. It was flannel guy with I believe a rapid red Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I never claimed any different, just that the 2 door soft top was a Bestop. I've been trying to buy one since April.
But the original question was 'who makes the current 4 door soft top?' which I answered. From the context it was super obvious I was referring only to the current primary top options both being made by Webasto.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m having a hard time finding the video where it was brought up. It would’ve been late 2020/early 2021. It was flannel guy with I believe a rapid red Bronco.
There also is a Wayalife video where Eddie bought their red JL 2 door, and had to get the hard top due to the same regulation. (He wasn't wearing flannel.) I guess by the time Tommy on TFL bought his WIllys, Jeep had produced enough to offer soft tops.

There is something there, and it seems arbitrarily stupid.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 4-door hard top on order—wife vetoed both the 2-door and the soft top.

BUT... if there was no wife… my dream build would of been a 2-door Badlands soft top with the hard top hook-ups preinstalled.

Given all of the part shortages, I would be surprised if Ford isn’t seriously looking at offering soft tops on the 2-door. If they can get a supplier lined up in time for the 2022 model year, I fully expect them to start offering soft tops from the factory for 2-door models just to help relieve the stress on the hard top demand.
Sounds like someone needs to take away her veto power.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the original question was 'who makes the current 4 door soft top?' which I answered. From the context it was super obvious I was referring only to the current primary top options both being made by Webasto.
Obviously it wasn't super obvious was it lol. You still don't understand. Webasto makes the 2 door and 4 door MIC tops. I know that. Bestop, whether it's an accessory or not, makes the two door soft top, I know that. Who makes the 4 door soft top was my question. Here's your chance to answer the question if you know the answer. If you don't know the answer, that's fine too. Select one of the following below.

Who makes the 2021 Ford Bronco 4 door Soft top?
A. Webasto
B Ford
C I don't know.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Obviously it wasn't super obvious was it lol. You still don't understand. Webasto makes the 2 door and 4 door MIC tops. I know that. Bestop, whether it's an accessory or not, makes the two door soft top, I know that. Who makes the 4 door soft top was my question. Here's your chance to answer the question if you know the answer. If you don't know the answer, that's fine too. Select one of the following below.

Who makes the 2021 Ford Bronco 4 door Soft top?
A. Webasto
B Ford
C I don't know.
https://www.torquenews.com/1083/ame...rp-will-supply-ford-bronco-soft-tops-and-more

Looks like the same company that makes Jeep's soft tops

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd take the Bestop, as long as it came with the hookups and the option for either a black painted top or body-colored top when those are available. I do not want the MIC top. Winters in the Chicagoland area are brutal, I'll need the hardtop.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d take the Besttop for the 4 door, I don’t need 2 soft tops and the stock garbage bag is…a garbage bag.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, settled already for no mod top (not that it helped in any way), why not do a poll with real choices like 1. accept a soft top. or 2. accept a metal hardtop with sunroof/removable front panels. I think you might shock a lot of folks who insist everyone wants the drawbacks of a removable roof, that most will never remove. NO MORE COMPROMISES!
no compromises, just change plans to a never offered choice I want!

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s been discussed numerous times on this site that there is a safety regulation in place where Ford is required to build so many 2 doors with hard tops before they are able to have a factory soft top option. So none of this is possible until they reach that build number.
I'd say they met their quota.
Sponsored