Sponsored

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, settled already for no mod top (not that it helped in any way), why not do a poll with real choices like 1. accept a soft top. or 2. accept a metal hardtop with sunroof/removable front panels. I think you might shock a lot of folks who insist everyone wants the drawbacks of a removable roof, that most will never remove. NO MORE COMPROMISES!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who makes the 4 door soft top? I've seen both the Bestop 2 door softtop next to the 4 door top and they look nothing alike as far as quality and looks. Saw them both at Super Celebration.
At this point I know it’s me. I just have zero trust in Ford for the time being that’s all. Things my change but for now NO.. Zero.

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, settled already for no mod top (not that it helped in any way), why not do a poll with real choices like 1. accept a soft top. or 2. accept a metal hardtop with sunroof/removable front panels. I think you might shock a lot of folks who insist everyone wants the drawbacks of a removable roof, that most will never remove. NO MORE COMPROMISES!
You can always make your own poll.

Also, if they did make those options available, a lot of people might take them, decreasing demand for the Webastos - meaning you could actually get yours sooner.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supposedly mine is being built tomorrow so they must have a functional top assigned to it, so these options wouldn't apply to me if they were to be implemented. If I was still months out, I like the first option.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you mean Trektop, not Sunrider.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally. It’s a no brainer for me at this point. Hell, make it Ford points because that’s as good as fake money anyway. Hour 4 reservation and zero movement on building my bronco.

Reactions: sjp

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta have hard top, for a roof rack for roof top tent. Not into exoskeleton racks.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question for all you 2-door people...
Of course, the soft top in question is the Bestop product. I'm not fond of the 'slant look' or the useable space you lose.

But I recall reading somewhere that Ford is developing their own soft top product.

Anyone else remember that?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont even want a removable top. Ive owned 3 convertibles with hard tops, A 1st gen Miata, a 4th gen Miata RF, and a 87 Suzuki Samurai.

The 1st gen Miata I had the hardtop off for a total of 1 week in my 3 years of ownership. My 4th gen Miata was the RF and I did put the top down occasionally but it was up 80% of the time. The Samurai top was bedliner and siliconed on so it was no longer removable.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only way I'd take a soft top is if it came with the hookups for the hardtop free and somehow we're given priority on ordering modular hardtops over the counter when they come available. It'd be nice if the Bronco Bucks Ford gives us over that stretch were applicable to the mod top as well. I don't know that I want the MIC at any point.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who makes the 4 door soft top? I've seen both the Bestop 2 door softtop next to the 4 door top and they look nothing alike as far as quality and looks. Saw them both at Super Celebration.
Pretty sure webasto makes both current tops

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I voted for both the YES options even though neither is accurate for my answer.

Yes, I would gladly take the fastback Bestop. I am thinking about getting it anyway. But no, I don't need it to be free or include the wiring for a hardtop, and no, I don't need a free MIC top later.😁

I don't really need a hard top, but I absolutely don't want a 4-door. So if Ford doesn't come up with the option to let me get the Bestop in lieu of the MIC, or some other top option... Then I guess I just keep waiting.😞
Sponsored