jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow I didn't read that that way but DAMN you're right. I wanted the Dual tops anyway, but I wanted it to be my choice to get the dual tops or just the body color if the options started to add up $$$$$$.
I would be surprised to find out that you would need to step up to have dual tops to get a painted top (body color, or white, for that matter). Very few people want to store a second top, or have the space for it. Dont you think Ford wants more cars rolling around with a finished painted top (to match the Sahara), or a signature white top (as homage to the Bronco). Could they charge more? Sure. But they would have less takers if they had to pawn off a dual top, and it would hurt their marketing effort.

My hope is that the black painted modular hardtop will have a toggle to also select body color or white. That way, it is all the same price (or maybe a slight premium for white/body match over the black). And the unpainted modular hardtop would be less than all of the above.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be surprised to find out that you would need to step up to have dual tops to get a painted top (body color, or white, for that matter). Very few people want to store a second top, or have the space for it. Dont you think Ford wants more cars rolling around with a finished painted top (to match the Sahara), or a signature white top (as homage to the Bronco). Could they charge more? Sure. But they would have less takers if they had to pawn off a dual top, and it would hurt their marketing effort.

My hope is that the black painted modular hardtop will have a toggle to also select body color or white. That way, it is all the same price (or maybe a slight premium for white/body match over the black). And the unpainted modular hardtop would be less than all of the above.
We won't know until build and price shows up, but I'm hoping there will be a soft top delete and option for the Shadow Black modular top at a discount. Second best option would be just paying for the hardtop and then you can do whatever you want with the soft top.

CarolinaKristi

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna /Ford F150/ '67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved the OBX mainly because I like the look of the grill and lights but actually would prefer the rubber floors and cloth seats. So I might end up going Big Bend with the mid package. I'd mostly be driving it around town but we also to our mountain getaway house that has a crazy driveway that I keep scraping my Toyota on.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Big deciding factor will be MPG OBX vs WT.
I'm real curious on this as well since the WT comes with the bigger engine + SAS so we should get a good indication how much that extra fun is going to cost at the pumps. I've been pretty set on 2.7 + SAS since the beginning so hopefully it won't hurt too bad.

I'd give up the 2.7 long before SAS though

Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started out looking at Outer Banks, and then wound up reserving a Wildtrak. But may end up in an Outer Banks after all depending on option prices and whatnot.
Did the same thing you did. I also live in South Florida and realized that the tires that come with the OB is much better for most of Florida. If I lived in Utah, WILDTRAK ALL THE WAY!! 35 look great but not great on road. Something to keep in mind. Good Luck!

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved my two-door OBX with Place Motor in Webster MA

My option choices.

1. Cactus Grey with White Top (Hopefully white will be an option)
2. Sasquatch Package (I probably don't need this package, but it looks badass, and I'll kick myself if I don't get it)
3. High Package (I don't want leather, but I'd like the 12" screen)
4. Definitely the 2.7
5. I've been emailing my dealer with some questions and they're being very responsive. I was invited to join a Place Motor facebook page for those who have reserved a new Bronco.
6. I think I'm looking just south of 50K.
High Package does not include leather. So you are good.

stobronco

Outer Banks
First Name
STO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ordered a 2dr OBX but may switch to 4dr due to soft top option. Eyeballing one of the grey/silver or Area 51. Dont need all the rock climbing functionality; just want a nice coastal "ragtop". I'm a legacy Bronco guy (5G) from '94-'07 so it feels naturally to "come home" to the Bronco.
I agree. I thought I wanted a WT, then the BL, but hearing the OBX is more like the Jeep Sahara is plenty of Bronco for me. Mostly because I want lux, a lift hopefully with the Sasquatch package, and the only climbing I'll be doing is over some curbs, off the highway, but no rocks, etc. Just beachin it.

Sponsored

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a source who works at Ford who says that the V6 for all is going to be an problem (this is an enthusiast board, so we all would want it if getting an auto, but who really knows the take rate). Between mileage requirements and capacity issues, there might be a situation where someone can't get a V6 or will have to wait until 2022. This will suck and I hope all of us who reserved early (did it on the reveal night, but Ford didn't process until the 14th) get our choices. Me, I don't know what to do. We know the top end is mid 60's. we know that a Wiltrack is $52K with the V6, AWD, Hardtop, and SAS, so that gives us a sense. I'm going to try and get all the things I can't get down the road and probably will wind up with a spec in the mid 50's, which is probably more than I want to spend
I’ve been wondering if there would be limitations on V6 and or Sasquatch due to fuel economy regulations. If the first 7000 built are FEs (Sasquatch V6es), I bet they are followed by a large run of high trim 2.3L non-squatches to offset those.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish we could keep the colored fenders with the Sasquatch package, but you lose them for the wider black Sasquatch Fenders.
I feel the opposire. I'd rather have the black fenders. But I'm sure you'll able to find someone selling their color matched fenders that went the black route.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel the opposire. I'd rather have the black fenders. But I'm sure you'll able to find someone selling their color matched fenders that went the black route.
There won't be anybody to trade with because as it stands now, Ford won't be painting any Sasquatch fenders, only Outer Banks standard fenders. Which is a big bummer in my book. So if you get an Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package, you're receiving it with black plastic over-sized Sasquatch fenders from the factory.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ordered 2dr OB. Plan WAS 2.7L, leather, lux and sasquatch in Cyber Orange but might be pricey. Dont like bumper option. May go to BD and 2.7L and 35s and do lift as an aftermarket.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all, new to the forum and excited to share in the developments with everyone over the coming months. :D

Reserved a 2 door OBX for myself, thinking I'll do:

- 2.7L
- Velocity Blue + White roof (if possible) or Cyber Orange + Gray/Black roof. Too bad one might be later availability and the other will be an upcharge.
- At least High package, possibly Lux depending on price. Mainly I'd want the wireless charging and ACC and will be curious if those will be available as single add-ons.

Though I've gotta say, I didn't notice originally but as I've learned from this thread while it's not a deal breaker, it seems odd to me to only have power seats available for the 4 doors? Still sorta kinda going back and forth between 2 and 4, the 2 looks better to me and I'm just a big fan of 2 door SUVs in general, though the extra storage+power seat options+door storage options make the 4 tempting as well.
Sponsored