First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kinda where I was at initially and possibly still am. Based on survey pricing you’re at about a $2,800 difference between the 2 models. The only difference is the rims, rock rails and lights and the very vague “high level instrument panel” the OB seems to get.

You can add the auto, 2.7, rock rails, signature lights and still be 2K under the OB cost. For me all I want is the 12” screen and it sucks because at that point it’s not $1,200, it’s $3,200.
The "high-level instrument panel" is a digital instrument gauge. Basically, the instrument panel in front of the driver is all digital. A lot of it is just a cool toy, but it also lets you customize the gauges, which elements you see, and for the Bronco, will very likely allow certain off-road display features such as incline/tilt, etc. I will say that it's one of those things that if you never see it, you probably won't miss it, but once you see it, if you like tech, you'll want it. When we were shopping the Mustang, the digital dash was a "we can save money without it" when online browsing to "we want that" when we saw it in person. :)

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hate those tires. I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on my F-150 and they look a lot better that these. Still not sure about the gray top but I’m pretty sure I’ll go with the black.
The one thing that might change my mind from Outer Banks is the tires. Not that the stock tires are bad for on-road use, but that for off-road, I would want to have 33" AT and I read (an unconfirmed rumor) that the stock suspension may not allow for putting on 33s. I was hoping to have 33s on 17" wheels that I would swap out for off-road adventures. If it's not an option, I may have to go overkill on off-road capability in Badlands unless my wife and I decide we are OK with Sasquatch (which I think is really too big for what we want to do).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "high-level instrument panel" is a digital instrument gauge. Basically, the instrument panel in front of the driver is all digital. A lot of it is just a cool toy, but it also lets you customize the gauges, which elements you see, and for the Bronco, will very likely allow certain off-road display features such as incline/tilt, etc. I will say that it's one of those things that if you never see it, you probably won't miss it, but once you see it, if you like tech, you'll want it. When we were shopping the Mustang, the digital dash was a "we can save money without it" when online browsing to "we want that" when we saw it in person. :)
They’re all digital though, that’s why I’m questioning the differences. The base gets the same 8” digital screen and a gauge. Have you seen something I haven’t? I have the digital gauges in my challenger and I always go for the tech.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re all digital though, that’s why I’m questioning the differences. The base gets the same 8” digital screen and a gauge. Have you seen something I haven’t? I have the digital gauges in my challenger and I always go for the tech.
I thought the lower trims weren't all-digital and had a small digital display along with analog gauges. Similar to what Ford does on other models where the digital part is supplementary. But we don't even have good pics to go by yet, so I guess this won't be answered until build and price.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the lower trims weren't all-digital and had a small digital display along with analog gauges. Similar to what Ford does on other models where the digital part is supplementary. But we don't even have good pics to go by yet, so I guess this won't be answered until build and price.
Every trim gets the 8” screen from the Bronco website.

Badlands

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread F778C2B6-4CC7-4524-BF70-ED6C9B724485

Big bend

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread 3181BDD2-99C9-4D9B-99A8-F9B402482272

As far as I know they’re identical? There has to be a difference I just haven’t seen it highlighted yet. Need B&P lol.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford needs to give us the badlands wheels as an option

I agree. At the very least I hope Ford gives us another wheel/tire package option. The stock OBX wheels just don't trip my trigger.

This wheel I could go for. There's speculation this one is an option on the BL. Maybe Ford will throw me a bone. :)

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Bronco Thread OBX option

Last edited:

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not a fan of the painted fender flares either...I wish I knew if you could get non-pained flares with the OB trim.
If you scroll down on Bronco6G they have already set up a marketplace where there will be a ton of selling/buying and swapping parts. It seems we all need bits and pieces from other trim levels. I, for one, will be in need of some race red fender flares for my BD. I will be trading my black ones and cash to get them. Should be fun!

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The one thing that might change my mind from Outer Banks is the tires. Not that the stock tires are bad for on-road use, but that for off-road, I would want to have 33" AT and I read (an unconfirmed rumor) that the stock suspension may not allow for putting on 33s. I was hoping to have 33s on 17" wheels that I would swap out for off-road adventures. If it's not an option, I may have to go overkill on off-road capability in Badlands unless my wife and I decide we are OK with Sasquatch (which I think is really too big for what we want to do).
I am in the same boat.

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Outer Banks 2 Door Rapid Red brown leather high package advanced 4x4 Automatic Locking Rear Dif aux switches
Sponsored