Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F350, 12 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved a 2 door and will go with either rapid red or area 51.
Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think one thing that many of you are over-looking with the Outer Banks trim is that it is the only trim across the entire Bronco line that comes with body painted fenders, door handles and mirror caps.

I'm guessing 99% of you discussing the mechanical features and merits of the Wildtrak vs Outer Banks, the Sasquatch option etc. don't give a flying hoot about the body colored parts. To me however, I like to have something unique, and the factory painted parts are a big plus to that end (in my book). I'm still planning to scratch up the aforementioned paint with some light desert trail riding, and I'm still getting the Sasquatch and High packages (two-door Bronco). But to me, the real draw of this package is the cool monochrome look that no other trim will have without custom body/paint-work.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to find out if the Sasquatch extended fenders remain a painted item when you get the OBX trim.
I’d like to know too.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I fully expect I'll use a Bronco the same as I use my Jeep JL Sahara. Light off roading, power line roads, etc. I also like the niceties, and option packages that came with the Sahara trim. So, the OBX trim on the Bronco will be my starting point. My Jeep dressed out at 50K, and I'm sure my Bronco order will match that, or be a bit more. But, that's not of any matter at my stage in life. I've worked my arse off, saved what I could, and now it ain't about what I need. It's about what I want. I've never seen an armored car following a hearse. :) Oh, and BTW, I'm torn between the Area 51, and the Cyber Orange. Although I was hoping for more of a Powder Blue (aka Baby Blue) the Area 51 is close.

BTW, I WANT THE OPTION TO ORDER A WHITE TOP. DO YA HEAR ME FORD? :)

Last edited:

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the 4 door OBX, but I may switch to the wildtrak when I place my order. I am going to want the 2.7, hardtop and Sasquatch, which might just put me at the wild track price anyway.....Only other option I want is the high package (12" screen). TBD once package/accessory pricing comes out.

I was hoping I wouldnt have to have the sasquatch package, but that pic/video yesterday with the 3 broncos in the parking lot really sold me on the squatch package; the 35's really give it a nice stance/presence that the (what looked like stock OBX) 18" wheels/tires don't have.
What thread was that in? I'd like to see it myself...

Sponsored

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2Dr Outer Banks here, leaning Carbonzied Grey, 2.7, and High Package though I am sure my option choices will change a lot between now and order date.....

Ocarwolf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My current vehicles are a Tesla X (mine) and a Mazda CX5 (wife's). We've got a two year old, and plan to have another within the year. Before the Tesla X, I had a 95 Bronco. While I love the X, because we got it with the captain's seats, it's still not much of a hauler for anything big. When I would drive to and from college in the 95 Bronco, I would be able to fit my entire (not furniture; apt was furnished) in the back. I miss that, so really looking forward to upgrading the CX5.

The only catch is my wife said if we get the Bronco, she gets to use the Tesla as her daily driver. Our current deal is that whenever she has to drive anywhere with the kid(s), she can take the Tesla, given its safety ratings.

I've never been much of an off-roader, so this is looking like it'll be primarily for leisure and a little more storage space. Eventually I'd like to be able to take the kid(s) out camping or something in it, although it may be time to upgrade by that point anyway. With that said, the Sasquatch package is so damn sexy, I may not be able to resist, even if it's overkill for my usage.

But anyway, TMI, but that's my story. Feel like the OBX trim fits in the "lifestyle" vehicle I'm looking for. 4 door OBX.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I reserved a 4 door Outer Banks since my Bronco is going to be a glorified mall cruiser...and the only dirt road it will see is to the gun range or the beach :LOL:

I'm leaning towards Area 51 or Cactus Grey with what I hope is white accessory package that gives you the look of the Prototype 4 door in cactus grey.

Haven't decided if I want to upgrade to V6 or not...all depends on pricing.

Shane1445

Outer Banks
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved a 4 door Outer Banks since my Bronco is going to be a glorified mall cruiser...and the only dirt road it will see is to the gun range or the beach :LOL:

I'm leaning towards Area 51 or Cactus Grey with what I hope is white accessory package that gives you the look of the Prototype 4 door in cactus grey.

Haven't decided if I want to upgrade to V6 or not...all depends on pricing.

Is the Outer Banks 2 Door a 4 Cylinder ?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the Outer Banks 2 Door a 4 Cylinder ?
The OBX comes standard with an auto...no stick option, but you can get the 2.3 I4 Ecoboost or the 2.7L V6

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
YTFORD

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my best guess the engine upgrade from 2.3 to 2.7 will cost between $995 and $1600.

I used the F150 engine upgrades as my test info. 3.3 to 2.7 and 2.7 to 3.5.

estone28

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved a 4dr OBX, with plans to add Sasquatch and Black Mod Hard Top ...However, I do not like the body colored fender flares at all. ...Which made lead me to the WildTrak as I prefer the 10speed.

Does anyone know if the Sasquatch fender flares on an OBX are body-colored or Black??

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Nick508

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 - Isuzu NPR HD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Choosing 2dr, not ever going off roading so the Sasquatch package is not necessary for us. The big selling point for me is the painted fenders, door handles and mirrors. I just like the look.

ideal build would be,
4cyl
Vinyl interior
White top, haven’t figured the color out yet leaning toward gray.
Trying to keep it basic with some extra options but not breaking the bank. From what I’ve been reading I’m hoping the truck comes out to be around $41k

btw, the truck will be my sons first ever vehicle. Hoping to have it for him by his birthday next year.
Sponsored