Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That thing looks killer! I winder how it would fit a 6’2”+ individual?

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That thing looks killer! I winder how it would fit a 6’2”+ individual?
Perhaps a tight fit!
At 5'10", I should fit just right.
You can get up to 37s, even on the spare tire rack. The Sasquatch wheels and tires should be just about right. Of course, everything has it's price.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

O
Perhaps a tight fit!
You can get up to 37s, even on the spare tire rack. The Sasquatch wheels and tires should be just about right. Of course, everything has it's price.
i saw another pod type camper option. Didn’t appear as rugged, but longer and possibly more comfortable. Myself, I’m still fine in a tent. Difference is I’ll be in the bronco and will be able to carry an air mattress. Unlike when I take my motorcycle. I can only fit what straps to the sissy bar.

Sponsored

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps a tight fit!
Look at OffGrid and Boreas XT trailers. There is the Hiker brand but they are bare bones for $8k. I have done a ton of research and tried out the OffGrid, if you want to drag it anywhere and have lots of comforts, you will easily get to $15k real quick, if not more. Not sure where you live, but people are renting these now on Outdoorsy as well.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Look at OffGrid and Boreas XT trailers. There is the Hiker brand but they are bare bones for $8k. I have done a ton of research and tried out the OffGrid, if you want to drag it anywhere and have lots of comforts, you will easily get to $15k real quick, if not more. Not sure where you live, but people are renting these now on Outdoorsy as well.
The OffGrid trailers look promising. Will study them in greater detail!
I love tent camping, but the dog gets upset when he hears wildlife outside the tent.
We go camping every weekend in an Oliver Elite II pulled by the F150. Nice combo, but want a smaller trailer to pull behind the Bronco.

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OffGrid trailers look promising. Will study them in greater detail!
I love tent camping, but the dog gets upset when he hears wildlife outside the tent.
We go camping every weekend in an Oliver Elite II pulled by the F150. Nice combo, but want a smaller trailer to pull behind the Bronco.
I can tell you that if I could afford it I would own an Offgrid or Boreas already. I would put an RTT on it and sleep 4. It tows behind my 4Runner so well and with the Timbren suspension and rolling hitch, you have no fear going over rocks. Having a hard shell to sleep in with heat and hot water is awesome.

IMG_5812.jpeg

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can tell you that if I could afford it I would own an Offgrid or Boreas already. I would put an RTT on it and sleep 4. It tows behind my 4Runner so well and with the Timbren suspension and rolling hitch, you have no fear going over rocks. Having a hard shell to sleep in with heat and hot water is awesome.
Thank you for the excellent info! I will study their websites and videos.
Once I get my Bronco, I want to travel out west. Never been to Colorado.
My Oliver is good, but it seems way too big for me. It also weighs in at over 5000lbs. Too heavy for the Bronco. Need a well made, light, go-everywhere trailer. Like my 2 door Badlands.

Sponsored

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the excellent info! I will study their websites and videos.
Once I get my Bronco, I want to travel out west. Never been to Colorado.
My Oliver is good, but it seems way too big for me. It also weighs in at over 5000lbs. Too heavy for the Bronco. Need a well made, light, go-everywhere trailer. Like my 2 door Badlands.
I believe the Offgrid weighed around 2200 lbs with 32 gallons of water on board.

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you might want to checkout Hiker trailers, about half the price. Starting at $8K. Costume paint and tires avail.
Hiker off road gallery
Ford Bronco Overkill T.K.47 Camper Trailer IMG_5812
Hiker is what I have my eye on. I've done a lot of research and Hiker seems to be the biggest bang for the buck. They have 3 different sizes of trailers and you can max out the options or leave them bare bones. Even bare bones options come with a enough to get started really well.

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hiker is what I have my eye on. I've done a lot of research and Hiker seems to be the biggest bang for the buck. They have 3 different sizes of trailers and you can max out the options or leave them bare bones. Even bare bones options come with a enough to get started really well.
Certainly seemed to be priced more in the range I am looking, although I still would like to be able to stand up. Looked at Offgrid and the trailer was $34,000. That's pretty pricey for what it is.
I guess trailers like the E-Pro are not made as well.. so they have a lower price?

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These aren’t made to stand up in. Sleeping and getting all your equipment to wherever you want is what they are made for. There are so many companies making them now, Hikers get great reviews, I just like the convenience of some over others with how the kitchens are set up and no need to set up a galley and external tables. Just drop it and open it up and you are good to go.
Sponsored