Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey there!
This will be my first post to Bronco6G, although I’ve been following for a while.

I’ve got a 2021 Outer Banks, and I’m using it to pull a ~3000 lbs. trailer around the United States Overlanding!

I’m starting to post some videos on YouTube, we just went to big bend NP and completed Old Ore Road with the trailer attached, and Black Gap road without the trailer.The Bronco did both like it was nothing.

I’d be pumped if you guys checked it out and let me know what you thought!

Mountain Lion ATTACKS Deer in front of us | Black Gap Road in a Bronco | Big Bend NP
Great Video! Looks like y'all really had a great time. Great Footage too!
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you so much for posting that video. It brought back so many memories of camping and backpacking trips to Big Bend when I was in college in the 70’s. My buddies and I would drive out from Austin for spring break or just a long weekend. So one night we went to an interpretive presentation by one of the rangers called “Death in the Desert”. It followed basically the carcass of a deer killed by a mountain lion, from fresh kill to a picked clean skeleton and all the other critters (buzzards and beetles for example) that subsisted on that dead deer. Also crossed the river at Boquillas and walked up to the town and drank my first Tecate with a local rancher that brought his pet bear to the cantina, no kidding. That bear would happily chug-a-lug a beer and probably lived a very short, but very happy life! Won’t bore you with any more of my ancient stupid stories. Let’s just say Big Bend is a spectacular corner of the planet and you have inspired me to go back and do some camping there. Many, many thanks!

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you so much for posting that video. It brought back so many memories of camping and backpacking trips to Big Bend when I was in college in the 70’s. My buddies and I would drive out from Austin for spring break or just a long weekend. So one night we went to an interpretive presentation by one of the rangers called “Death in the Desert”. It followed basically the carcass of a deer killed by a mountain lion, from fresh kill to a picked clean skeleton and all the other critters (buzzards and beetles for example) that subsisted on that dead deer. Also crossed the river at Boquillas and walked up to the town and drank my first Tecate with a local rancher that brought his pet bear to the cantina, no kidding. That bear would happily chug-a-lug a beer and probably lived a very short, but very happy life! Won’t bore you with any more of my ancient stupid stories. Let’s just say Big Bend is a spectacular corner of the planet and you have inspired me to go back and do some camping there. Many, many thanks!
Wow, I did not expect our video to evoke such a response! I’m heart warmed that my simple video could provide these feelings to you!
What an amazing story, honesty insane about the bear! We loved the park, and now that we know it holds so many memories for so many people, such as yourself, it holds a very special place in our heart! Thank you so much!

TheSpydyr

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT; 2020 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

nice video man...enjoyed the watch!

Sponsored

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, thanks for sharing….inspirational as others have mentioned! Looking forward to the day when my off-roading life doesn’t consist of mudding/bogging. Although the weather in South FL is great and there is a lot of great outdoor entertainment (scuba diving probably #1), it is flat and wet…envious of the West and Southwest parks out there to explore! This video pushed me ever closer to a road trip 🥳

OP
OP
TheScenicRoute

TheScenicRoute

Outer Banks
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model