Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Webasto has a chance in court though...clearly Ford's MIC design is a total failure.
The next vendor would be insane to agree to manufacture this piece of hammered dog shit.
Webasto agreed to build it to that spec and they didn’t perform..…they have no chance.
Sponsored

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

🥱 I’m not even going to read that I’m sure you’re fun at parties here’s the facts jeep is better than the bronco as of now. So do you agree or disagree?
Kind of hard to not be better than something that can't be built or shipped out!

Sponsored

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they change the design and switch to another vender....
I just cant see that being a thing in time for 22 production that is supposed to start at the beginning of the year.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🥱 I’m not even going to read that I’m sure you’re fun at parties here’s the facts jeep is better than the bronco as of now. So do you agree or disagree?
Better? No, or I’d order a Jeep tomorrow if I thought that. We all would. Bronco is way better…you just can’t get them and the company has botched the rollout badly.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So it's apparent that they've charted out their solution to the MIC issue. It's painful and it's going to contribute to some ugly headlines over the next few days, but it's the most responsible solution.

If you're low on booze, pick yourself up something good to get you through a few rough days.

Incidentally, my wife and I will be in NoLa for a long weekend... don't be alarmes by my silence.

Bottoms up, buckle up.

More added:

MIC info will be released soon enough.

Also, as of today "full speed" production has been delayed indefinitely, as Rangers will far outweigh Broncos on final at least thru the planned MY21 run. Bronco's dedicated body shop has been sandbagged to spread work between both shifts.
Will there be a planned resolution for owners who have taken delivery of crappy Webasto MICs?

Science4Lyfe

Black Diamond
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What’s really dumb about this whole thing is they scheduled people with MIC’s since June and they have pushed us back like 8 times already. Give us the damn option to switch to a soft top so we can get out of this stupid mess. Really poor planning and scheduling. Really the fact is I will likely need a new vehicle very soon and keep getting strung along with build date updates 2 weeks before mine is going to get built. Really turned off by Ford at this point and it really makes you wonder about their capability of handling things. Do I really want to purchase a vehicle from a company that is continually overpromising and underdelivering with this launch? I assume they will lose customers forever, especially ones coming from other brands for the first time.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The last supplier to F with Ford on this level ended up going under no bought out by a competitor.

I’m referring of course to Firestone and the late 90’s Explorer
After all that, they went back to Firestone on the 93 Lightning.
32 pages. That escalated quickly. Unskilled pages 3-31. What did I miss? Any news yet?
Read op post #1 and you have it all. :oops:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My selfish hope is that they dump all the resources they can into getting the mod top fired up and running with its new supplier. Maybe the issues with it are an easier fix than the whatever is up with the MIC top. Clearly, they're not going to be building hardtops in any quantities anytime soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.