Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol…. I was wondering if there was any update on the Black Modular Top…. i did a search and came across this thread…. kinda glad i missed this thread originally.

With that said …. is anyone else still holding out for the Black Modular Top.
My order with SAC has been 99’d at my request because I am still holding out for the Black Modular Top.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol…. I was wondering if there was any update on the Black Modular Top…. i did a search and came across this thread…. kinda glad i missed this thread originally.

With that said …. is anyone else still holding out for the Black Modular Top.
My order with SAC has been 99’d at my request because I am still holding out for the Black Modular Top.
White Modular top...

423c375c2e12c1a708ecc1694e472ff1.gif

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If a mod top eventually materializes and does so in the form of fiberglass, does anyone know whether it would be expected to be better, worse or the same as the MIC top relative to road noise?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If a mod top eventually materializes and does so in the form of fiberglass, does anyone know whether it would be expected to be better, worse or the same as the MIC top relative to road noise?
In theory, it should be quieter due to the thickness and density of fiberglass. That said, Ford has a proven track record of screwing up two versions of the MIC top so I 'm not holding my breath.

Since this company has figured out how to make fiberglass sheets at an amazing 0.010" thin, I'm sure Ford took that as a challenge.
https://store.acpcomposites.com/fiberglass-sheets-natural?quantity=1&size=4&thickness=6

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? FS-FIBERGLASS_0

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In theory, it should be quieter due to the thickness and density of fiberglass. That said, Ford has a proven track record of screwing up two versions of the MIC top so I 'm not holding my breath.

Since this company has figured out how to make fiberglass sheets at an amazing 0.010" thin, I'm sure Ford took that as a challenge.
https://store.acpcomposites.com/fiberglass-sheets-natural?quantity=1&size=4&thickness=6

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? FS-FIBERGLASS_0
I assume that several efforts are already in progress in the aftermarket sector to develop alternatives to Ford’s impending (?) mod top. So I am not overly concerned at this point if Ford can not produce one timely or for that matter at all.
Sponsored