First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to bother you. It’s the first I heard from them in a long time and I thought I missed some info. Won’t happen again.
Don't let peoples snarky comments discourage you from asking questions. We are all still learning and its what we are here for is to openly discuss all things 6 Gen Bronco (and other discussions) Responding is a choice , not a requirement. With saying that, any time someone posts a "My dealer said" comment, there is a disturbance in the collective force that is B6G and a groan echo's through the internet. We can't help but read it but eye's are absolutely rolling.

OP
OP

Louis

Wildtrak
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't let peoples snarky comments discourage you from asking questions. We are all still learning and its what we are here for is to openly discuss all things 6 Gen Bronco (and other discussions) Responding is a choice , not a requirement. With saying that, any time someone posts a "My dealer said" comment, there is a disturbance in the collective force that is B6G and a groan echo's through the internet. We can't help but read it but eye's are absolutely rolling.
I didn’t realize that. I’m just psyched to get a Bronco. I thank you for the heads up!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer said the painted hard tops will be existing soft tops cover in paper mache and then painted to match the body color. As soon as the paper machete is in stock, we will be dropping our soft top off at the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Louis

Wildtrak
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer said the painted hard tops will be existing soft tops cover in paper machete and then painted to match the body color. As soon as the paper machete is in stock, we will be dropping our soft top off at the dealer.
Thanks for that info PDiddy!

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said the painted hard tops will be existing soft tops cover in paper machete and then painted to match the body color. As soon as the paper machete is in stock, we will be dropping our soft top off at the dealer.
I don't imagine that you could cut very much with a paper machete.

OP
OP

Louis

Wildtrak
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I post a lot of stupid comments. I’m glad I could finally post something that helps.
I normally just read the
I post a lot of stupid comments. I’m glad I could finally post something that helps.
Most time I read the What’s new or the latest forums and look at the different Broncos. Thanks again for the heads up on that “dealer said”!i guess I walked right into that one! Lol

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The painted tops were never shown much or priced. They were not in the order guides. I'm sure they will exist at some point some day, but its hard to argue they were a real concrete "thing."

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The painted tops were never shown much or priced. They were not in the order guides. I'm sure they will exist at some point some day, but its hard to argue they were a real concrete "thing."
Thank you for trying to help but I'm not sure where your incorrect information came from?

I could go on with more Ford documents and links, but I think you get the point. Please at least try the search box before you post "facts".

Official 2021 Bronco INVOICE Price / MSRP Price List [Jan 19]

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? 1635883561937

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? 1635883539818

2021 Bronco Order Guide First Look! [Updated 1/19/21]

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? 1635883893336

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? 1635883522892

Delay Announcement:
6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? 1635884405586

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for trying to help but I'm not sure where your incorrect information came from?
I cannot tell if the original poster is referencing a black modular top or a painted colored top. I do not find it common for people to refer to the modular top as "the painted top."

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I cannot tell if the original poster is referencing a black modular top or a painted colored top. I do not find it common for people to refer to the modular top as "the painted top."
They were to be one and the same. Some were to be painted black, others body colored, and then (sigh) white.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is only one Modular Top from Ford, painted as follows...

Standard Black color
Optional White color
Optional Body Color

I quick search shows...

Modular Painted Top and Dual Tops Pushed to 2022 (Cloth and MIC tops only available at launch) + green color and white top confirmed

Modular (Mod) Painted Hard Tops and Matching Body Colors

Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? screen-shot-2021-03-25-at-12-32-31-pm-

Now delayed to 2023
6/25 Email & FAQ: Modular Hardtops Delayed Until 2023MY | Price Protection Extension | Free Hardtop Prep Kit

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still hoping on the slimmest of hopes that they'll bring the painted modular top in as a late availability MY22 option. It could help take some of the heat off the MIC top. But, I'm also likely a MY23 anyways due to Ford's allocation war with Granger so....
Sponsored