First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no modular or painted top from Ford. If you find one, please take a picture.

They have promised some things the future. Webasto has new manufacturing capability coming on line next quarter. I grant Ford a lot of grace, but I don't assume or predict any reliable trajectory to the top situation.

I don't think your dealer is correct, but is impossible to precisely predict exactly where the top ship is headed. Even if Teijin/CSP is the supplier, there remains no publicly available information as to what they are making.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no modular or painted top from Ford. If you find one, please take a picture.

They have promised some things the future. Webasto has new manufacturing capability coming on line next quarter. I grant Ford a lot of grace, but I don't assume or predict any reliable trajectory to the top situation.

I don't think your dealer is correct, but is impossible to precisely predict exactly where the top ship is headed. Even if Teijin/CSP is the supplier, there remains no publicly available information as to what they are making.
You spelled, "I was wrong, they did in fact exist in the order guide, along with price" wrong.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Only a few prototypes so far ā€¦

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You spelled, "I was wrong, they did in fact exist in the order guide, along with price" wrong.
Honey, I am wrong, in a variety of ways.

I will repeat my original contention that the colored tops are not in fact a "thing" that has ever been detailed.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

has anyone know if the painted roofs are being discontinued permanently?i heard this today from my dealer. thanks
Available in 2023, Ford already has a different manufacturer than the one that makes the MIC tops. Itā€™s not just painted, itā€™s modular, roof comes apart differently and back windows come out.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Honey, I am wrong, in a variety of ways.

I will repeat my original contention that the colored tops are not in fact a "thing" that has ever been detailed.
Face it, you're just to lazy to search.

ā€œBronco Dealer Playbookā€ describes MIC and MOD (Modular) top differences. Shows larger ā€œGunnerā€™s Hatchā€ and confirms removable rear windows.

Last edited:

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m thinking of going with the mic with the black Bronco. Maybe change to an aftermarket painted one if Iā€™m not lovin the look.
Or color match your black Bronco to your Gray MIC topā€¦ šŸ”„

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Webasto has new manufacturing capability coming on line next quarter. I grant Ford a lot of grace, but I don't assume or predict any reliable trajectory to the top situation.
The modular, painted top has nothing to do with Webasto anymore.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see a MIC top and I want to paint it black
No sasquatch anymore but I wanted to turn back
I see the jeeps drive by and man their hard top blows
I have to turn my head and wish I had one though...

OP
OP

Louis

Wildtrak
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The painted tops were never shown much or priced. They were not in the order guides. I'm sure they will exist at some point some day, but its hard to argue they were a real concrete "thing."
I
I see a MIC top and I want to paint it black
No sasquatch anymore but I wanted to turn back
I see the jeeps drive by and man their hard top blows
I have to turn my head and wish I had one though...

šŸ˜€āœŒ

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fully grant that Ford had an intention to offer a black modular hard top and a painted body-colored top. Not disagreeing with that. I've seen pictures of prototypes, like everyone. Ford motor company does not currently offer a modular top for sale. They do not offer a painted top. They kicked that can down the road.

Ford has scrubbed their site and their social networks of the modular tops.

A modular top or body-colored top may exist in 2022 or 2023. It may not. They may look like they did in 2020. They may not. I think it is reasonable to expect some changes in design, appearance, and functionality from prototype to final manufacturer. If the production shifted from Webasto to Continental, I would expect the design, appearance, functionality to change somewhat.

Again, if someone finds a Modular or Body-Colored top, I would ask kindly that you take a picture. I will do the same.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I a few years, when all the orders are filled and they are sitting on the lots, Ford will magically have a new body painted top and a bigger engine. Possibly re-do the interior some. Then it will be time to all buy new again. Those that have paid huge ADM's will really eat it as they will depreciate like anything else. Money changing hands is how the Gov't works.
Sponsored