Sponsored

Passed on my 2024 Badlands today, 1-23-24 -- what would you have done?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question; I wasn’t happy with the ride of the Sas… felt like I was driving on a pebbled road. The Badlands non-Sas felt much better to me.

— will the Sas 35’s smooth out over time?
— any other benefits to the Sas in daily driving?

thanks again!
The tires are probably overinflated; some folks have seen as high as 48psi from the dealer, and 35psi rides nice on Sas tires.

Saying that, the Badlands Non-Sas is very close to the Sas. I would get either if you like the truck. There's not much difference, Sas vs. Non-Sas. I do think the Sas shocks are a slightly smoother ride, but not the WildTrak's HOSS 3.0 Foxes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. Thanks for this post and the check list. My BD is en route.

My dealer said they would be fine if I walk away. It will be the first’24 on their lot. Was that incentive for your dealership to do a crappy prep hoping you’d walk? Maybe.

The Canadian

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The checklist is very extensive. I'm not sure I would have the courage to go through the whole thing in the dealership's parking lot though.

One particular thing I observed with mine; the salesman had the great idea to install the license plate without telling me first (we have one installed at the back in the designated spot, and one in the front). He put it right in the middle of the grille, partially hiding the lettering. I suspect he had to drill holes to install it, which is the part I'm not too impressed about. But I can't tell for sure.

Otherwise, it came as I pictured it in my mind. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the same ordeal. Mainly giving the fact that I had to wait a year and a half to get mine...

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
definitely check for heat from the floor ducts under the front seats
INTERESTING COMMENT about checking for heat from the floor ducts under front seats . . . . Please tell: Did you have some difficulty with heating ?? And if so, how did you fix it ??

Say What.gif

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

INTERESTING COMMENT about checking for heat from the floor ducts under front seats . . . . Please tell: Did you have some difficulty with heating ?? And if so, how did you fix it ??
There are so many threads here on lack of either floor heat or heat in the rear seats. FORD. Still hasn’t explained why in some vehicles, selecting floor heat results in extra flow at the window vents and little to none at the feet

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There are so many threads here on lack of either floor heat or heat in the rear seats. FORD. Still hasn’t explained why in some vehicles, selecting floor heat results in extra flow at the window vents and little to none at the feet
Thanks for the quick response @Lcubed; much appreciated. After posing my question to you I actually did investigate further and - as you point out - there are quite a few thread comments about the problems with floor heat; and, FORD MOTOR COMPANY's knowledge of the problem yet demonstrated inability to fix (the problem). Not good; not good at all / Pretty sad, really.

Just an aside, I can't say I've really noticed anything re: a lack of heat in my outings; however, I will pay closer attention when I next have the HEAT "ON." Also, further note: After my internet reading today, I went out and checked my 2-Door (MY2023); No vents under seats that I could see - in fact, not really sure where the "floor vent openings" are located.

As for FORD MOTOR COMPANY, this jpeg EINSTEIN quote seems very relevant::

Ford Bronco Passed on my 2024 Badlands today, 1-23-24 -- what would you have done? Any fool can know, the point is too understand
Sponsored

Last edited: